PDA

View Full Version : petition against 100% bike tax increase

Pixx
21-07-2008, 08:59 PM
The government have announced 100% increase in bike tax in 2009

There is a petition against this at

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/motorcycle-tax/sign

Please pass on to everyone you know. If this has already been posted elsewhere on the forum, I apologise.

Albie
21-07-2008, 09:02 PM
It getting disgraceful. Hows does the government think they will survive in power. They are gone for me. To$$ers

jerry
21-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Petition Done OK

modama
21-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Ditto

What is next?

gjfevans
21-07-2008, 10:25 PM
signed and sent

nambduke
22-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Done my bit....

retskcid
22-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Done.

1. increase taxes
2. parking charges
3. congestion charges?

W*nkers the lot of them.

scrapps
22-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Done.....
when will it all end ? ? ?

alreadyinuse
22-07-2008, 12:03 PM
great so my bike tax will cost almost the same as my car thats just stupid

giler
22-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Last one out of the country please turn off the lights!!
Done!

mediumdave
22-07-2008, 12:29 PM
done, it's a pity the petition page doesn't give us anywhere to 'comment' on the proposal...

stuartg
22-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Done.
Its pants whatever but I cant see how much a 900 will go up to. I know a 125 will rise from £15 to £33 but cant find out any more

stevie
22-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Done, robbing gits

Mand
22-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Done - I still want to kick Gordon Brown's ar$e...

mikej
22-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Done.

Sometimes i think these guys are having a laugh. When will they be happy? When everyone is driving a G-Wiz?... or maybe they use too much energy too so we can all get pedal cars, but i almost forgot, Gordon says we have to buy less food to save money so we won't have any energy to pedal them either.

Anyone else fancy moving to France? Better roads, better drivers, better weather, better healthcare, women with sexier accents.....if only i could speak French. "Good moaning....."

neilbaldry
22-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

Gordon Brown
22-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Good afternoon, Heathcliffe here. Just popped in to have a chat about this motorcycle tax rise.

These rumours that this is a tax on enjoying a hobby and having fun are completely groundless. Nothing could be futher from my mind. I don't hold a driving licence myself you understand, but I've been told that these heavy vehicles - your motorcycles - cause untold damage to the nations road network and this damage needs to be repaired. What's that? It's a green thing? OK, these increases are because motorcycles are the leading cause of greenhouse gasses. What's that? They're cleaner than cars? Bugger.

Done - I still want Gordon Brown's ar$e...

Why thankyou :D

stef
22-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Done.

Anyone else fancy moving to France? Better roads, better drivers, better weather, better healthcare, women with sexier accents.....if only i could speak French. "Good moaning....."

yep.. right..
and the grass is greener blah...
I've been (back) here for over a year now.. it's not that great.
latest one from our kin.. i mean president, was to give the legion d'honeur (knightood/obe thing) to the lawyer(ess) who filed his divorce last year, for the brilliant and efficient way she handled the case. i could thing of many more shocking things..

Mand
22-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Good afternoon, Heathcliffe here. Just popped in to have a chat about this motorcycle tax rise.

These rumours that this is a tax on enjoying a hobby and having fun are completely groundless. Nothing could be futher from my mind. I don't hold a driving licence myself you understand, but I've been told that these heavy vehicles - your motorcycles - cause untold damage to the nations road network and this damage needs to be repaired. What's that? It's a green thing? OK, these increases are because motorcycles are the leading cause of greenhouse gasses. What's that? They're cleaner than cars? Bugger.

Why thankyou :D

In yer dreams! haha!

retskcid
22-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Searching for details I came across this:

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=147691

"Somebody misread the budget statements.

The Budget was quite specific about bike tax, it's frozen for small bikes next year and increases of £1-2 will apply on bigger classes. Future rises will be in line with inflation, no specific figures given.

The tax next year for bikes in the 150-400cc class will go up to £33. It's currently £32! Someone has misread that as including 125s, it doesn't, they will stay at £15.

Whole petition is a load of cobblers based on an inaccurate assessment of information that is freely available in the public domain, and it kinda makes me sad that so many people have got all worked up and signed it without doing some very basic checks on its accuracy........... makes bikers as a whole look somewhat foolish I fear........."

binky
22-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Done, but as one person has said will they take any notice
I doubt it

pegboy
26-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Getting really Pi$$ed with all the charges, if Mr Brown does go ahead lets all meet at No.10 and rev our our bikes until he retracts his decision. That could be fun??:

Capo
27-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Petitions against taxes are going nowhere, road pricing (remember that petition) is very much back on the agenda.
They don't give a rats arse about the people.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people.

Capo
27-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Done.

Sometimes i think these guys are having a laugh. When will they be happy? When everyone is driving a G-Wiz?... or maybe they use too much energy too so we can all get pedal cars, but i almost forgot, Gordon says we have to buy less food to save money so we won't have any energy to pedal them either.

We could always eat cake :mand:

ducrissi
27-08-2008, 07:35 AM
done!! well we will be if we don't do something against it!!

Bodybag
27-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Signed. ****ers!!