PDA

View Full Version : great bentley wednesday

benson
21-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I hope to head along this week - not sure from where but happy to try and meet up along the way!

Snips
21-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I hesitate to say this, but I hope to get along (weather permitting).

Only got a short run at the weekend, so need a blast.

Seb_uk
21-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Forecast is good all week so am hoping to get there as have not been yet this year - no excuse as I only live about 3 miles away!

squiffything
21-07-2008, 03:06 PM
:( no can do this week peeps, we is going on holiday on Saturday down to deepest darkest Cornwall and up to the races Friday night UB40 will be doing their stuff. I have got to sort out tents and fires and food pots and stuff.

Looking forward to driving through Pedro land and will look out for them west country boys. If any of you get wildly bibbed at whilst out on the road by a short bloke in an old blue people carrier then it will be me :)

Nonnie
21-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I is working on it.

I think PD is coming too. I aim to have my oldest child invited somewhere for tea!

benson
21-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Hurrah!!! Hope to see you there

Nonnie
22-07-2008, 06:50 PM
I am definitely going.

Who will buy my wonderful roses, no, no, no, I mean, who will meet me on the way?

benson
22-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Well if my plan goes according to....plan then I could meet you somewhere! OK so that's less than helpful and no doubt totally useless in terms of a reply but you know what i mean...

I have a meeting in central London but should be home by about 6.30. Happy to meet you somewhere en route if you'd like to? Drop me a PM if required!!!

Snips
22-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm out to play tomorrow. I mean it this time. Really.

Happy to meet enroute (not "en croute", that's something different) or there.

Open to suggestions.

By my reckoning, we all (so far) converge at junction of A12 and A120, though I'm happy to detour for an earlier meet.

Nonnie
22-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Beef wellington!

Is meeting at the A14/A12 "intersection" at Ipswich too much trouble? Or ridiculous? Can you suggest somewhere better?

I can leave whenever. Will probably meet PD there as well.

Snips
22-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Beef wellington!

Is meeting at the A14/A12 "intersection" at Ipswich too much trouble? Or ridiculous? Can you suggest somewhere better?

I can leave whenever. Will probably meet PD there as well.

Turkey Stilletto!

Cool. I can do the dual-carriage way thing too.

I can meet up whenever too.

I'll watch this space for updates.

PS. I expect nothing less than ridiculous.

benson
22-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Birkenstock stew...

I suggest therefore to meet you at some place I will be able to find. Ipswich is fine - let me have a map of your proposed meeting point and an ETA (not the separatists you understand) and I'll be there

xxx

Grumpy
22-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Roast beef!
If all goes according to plan, tomorrow, i'll see you guys at GB, eta approx 6.30pm

Snips
22-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Pineapple gloshers!

I think the plan is to meet at the intersection of the A14/A12

Google maps shows there's a roundabout there, which looks promising. Benson is leaving London around 6:30, so I'll leave it to el Presidente to let us know when she can be there by.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.036257,1.099706&spn=0.0066,0.016608&t=h&z=16

Paging Benson! Paging Benson!

Nonnie
23-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Crocs en croute!

Rachel, you don't want to come all the way to Ipswich do you? Hurrah if you do but understandable if you don't. Either way, let me know and we'll see you later!

Snips, I say, let's meet at the Tesco petrol station off that roundabout at 4.30pm? PD's getting home then, we'll go to his and pick him up and ride the pretty way in.

Mr White, see you there.

Anybody else going to be there?

Seb_uk
23-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm still hoping to go - as long as my damn hayfever stops playing up!

As long as the traffic on the A12 is ok I'm hoping to be at Bentley for around 7ish. Should be a busy one as the weather forecast is good!

Snips
23-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Crocs en croute!

Rachel, you don't want to come all the way to Ipswich do you? Hurrah if you do but understandable if you don't. Either way, let me know and we'll see you later!

Snips, I say, let's meet at the Tesco petrol station off that roundabout at 4.30pm? PD's getting home then, we'll go to his and pick him up and ride the pretty way in.

Mr White, see you there.

Anybody else going to be there?

Fillet of sole!

Ack! Sorry, when I said anytime, 4:30 I didn't realise you might want to *that* early! :)

I can probably get there (A14/A12 Tescos) about 6:30.

Go ahead with your plans if you want to meet up with PD earlier, and I can join you at Great Bentley.

benson
23-07-2008, 08:29 AM
OK I've been paged - best to see you there then - that way I won't hold you up if I'm late...And you can go to PDs and have tea before setting off...Really looking forward to seeing everyone again - remember - leave me a space in that big field folks!!!

Nonnie
23-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Saute brogues!

Sebuk, hayfever! Yes, I feel your pain. It's ridiculous isn't it?

Snips, sorry I forget some people don't have 6 weeks off like me! Oh ha ha ha did I say 6 WEEKS OFF??? 6 WEEKS OFF??? Oh, I did. Yeah!

I'll probably come back out with PD and meet you at 6.30 then. OK?

Seb_uk
23-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I've only been to Gt Bentley about 4 -5 times over the last couple of years but have yet to see another Monster there. Somehow I think there may be a few tonight....!

Snips
23-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Boiled ugg with soldiers!

Snips, sorry I forget some people don't have 6 weeks off like me! Oh ha ha ha did I say 6 WEEKS OFF??? 6 WEEKS OFF??? Oh, I did. Yeah!

I'll probably come back out with PD and meet you at 6.30 then. OK?

6:30, Tesco, - that's a plan.

6 weeks off? Nice work (sic) if you can get it ;)

OK I've been paged - best to see you there then - that way I won't hold you up if I'm late...And you can go to PDs and have tea before setting off...Really looking forward to seeing everyone again - remember - leave me a space in that big field folks!!!

We'll reserve your patch, so long as you promise to bring a Ducati, and not that Buell - if you do, that patch might suddenly disappear ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting more of the gang too.

Nonnie
23-07-2008, 09:40 AM
6 weeks off? Nice work (sic) if you can get it ;)

Spent the afternoon yesterday playing DVD quiz shows and watching one of my bosses honking a hooter whilst wearing a fluorescent jacket with the words "head hooter" on it.

And played with traffic light coloured cones.

Superb!

See you at 6.30 then.

Boiled ugg, fantastic. Try some merrelled eggs?

Seb_uk
23-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Quick question - do I need to be concerned about my small plate, baffle-less Termi's + tinted visor as I have a feeling that the police may be out in force if it's a busy one.

Snips
23-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Crocs en croute!

...was my favourite :)

Quick question - do I need to be concerned about my small plate, baffle-less Termi's + tinted visor as I have a feeling that the police may be out in force if it's a busy one.

I'm no expert, I've only been twice, and the first time, I was late and completely missed the crowd.

Last time there was a big turn out, and I only saw one police car discreetly parked. It felt like they were there just to support a large gathering of responsible people, rather than harang bikers :thumbsup:

Nonnie
23-07-2008, 10:19 AM

Only if you're gonna be a Carlos Fandango and make a prat of yourself by wheelying past them.

Seb_uk
23-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Only if you're gonna be a Carlos Fandango and make a prat of yourself by wheelying past them.

Nah - not me. If I tried that I'd be more likely to do a Jorge Lorenzo and fall off....! :)

Nonnie
23-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm home!

That was nice. Thanks for the company PD and Snips on the ride there and back, just had to finish the last bit. Good to meet you SeaBuck! Nice centre stand by the way.

As ever Benson, an absolute plezzure and White, I forgot what TFF originally was?

benson
23-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Hello Hello dears - got home a little after 9.45 in time for lemon drizzle cake and a cup of my finest coffee - hurrah!

So good to see everyone and consume a truly fine bacon cheese burger - how my ancestors will be turning in their graves...

So - Nubuck, Cupcake, PD, Nonnie and TFF (or was it TTFN?) hope you all have good weeks and see you soon!!!

Snips
23-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Yep, just to confirm I made it home, got home about 9:45, iirc.

Good to see everyone :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the raz home alongside Nonnie - great to ride with, staggered formation and pressing on nicely. Also great to see Monsters on the boil, with grinning riders.

Nonnie, I'm expecting some motorcycling proficiency comments to follow - do they still do those little triangle badges?

Photos to be posted tomorrow evening.

benson
23-07-2008, 11:47 PM
staggered formation and pressing on nicely.

Usually snips it's just the staggered part one remembers.....

Seb_uk
24-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately I seem to be the only person in the world without a computer at home, so couldn't post until this morning on my work pc!

Nice to meet you all - Was good to finally see some other Monsters at Bentley! I'm sure I'll see you there again soon :)

Paranoid Dave
24-07-2008, 08:20 AM
indeed a good night, to those following me home who thought i was somewhat hesitant on the overtakes on the A12, all i could see in my mirror was 25 headlights, half were from vibration, the others from the bikes. I wanted to be sure I had you both behind me and not some dodgy rice rocket before i overtook.

See you all soon for another evening of pointing and staring at centre stands.

Nonnie
24-07-2008, 10:18 AM
indeed a good night, to those following me home who thought i was somewhat hesitant on the overtakes on the A12, all i could see in my mirror was 25 headlights, half were from vibration, the others from the bikes. I wanted to be sure I had you both behind me and not some dodgy rice rocket before i overtook.

We knew that P. Diddley. I tried to get out first for an overtake so that you could do it easily as I'd let you out but I think it probably confused the issue if you didn't know it was me!

And Snips, the comments are as follows...

Missed Lifesaver Left major to minor
Good Left minor to major
Good right minor to major, excellent obs,
Good right major to minor

PD obviously has not reached the required standard today due to the bike check, rear right indicator not working but still managed to let the following riders know where he was going by taking one hand off the handlebars, which means he has in fact, not got full control of his bike so he will be gettng a Completed certificate today and Snips, you will be receiving a successful completion certificate.

Well done boys, PD, if you would like to have another go, then please tell me and I will arrange for an assessor to come out and see you asap.

hehe

Nonnie
24-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh and bugger. I've just been to the garage to check on my baby and he has a flat rear tyre. Bugger bugger bugger. I don't get paid til next week so it'll have to come out of my boozing money. That's not fair. Bugger.

Mand
24-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh and bugger. I've just been to the garage to check on my baby and he has a flat rear tyre. Bugger bugger bugger. I don't get paid til next week so it'll have to come out of my boozing money. That's not fair. Bugger.

That is proper "poo pants"

benson
24-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh no! Hope that it's pluggable?

Nonnie
24-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, whipped off the offending article and took it off to Karl Harrisons. He says it was a bit of flint and I do remember catching a load of gravel last night so perhaps it was then. Anyway, I'm only 500 miles off needing a new one anyway so I have to bite the bullet ow. Still, it'll be ready at 5.30 tomorrow so I'll have him for the weekend.

I like Karl, he's such an interesting guy. People of Norfolk, go nowhere else for your Ducati servicing requirements. How can you not go to someone who when bored 2 weeks ago, decided to take a bike around the Nurbergring just because he wanted to feel alive?!

benson
24-07-2008, 01:45 PM
He sounds like a totally top bloke and well done for the tyre too - if you fancy lunch tomorrow and I think you know what I mean - beans and crisp stylee - let me know!
x

Snips
24-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear about the tyre Nonnie, and thanks for the ride assessment, looking forward to my badge and certificate, do I get insurance discount and letters after my name? Snips ON (Order of the Nonnie)

Meanwhile here's some photos from last night...

Nonnie's bike almost 'crushed by the wheels of industry' at Tesco's fuel stop. 80s reference specially for Nonnie ;)

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0132.jpg

Nonnie, Snips, PD bikes...

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0134.jpg

A discussion point for much of the evening... have you ever seen anything like it?

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0135.jpg

The Monster line up Part 1

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0136.jpg

The Monster line up Part 2 (that's Sebuk's Monster closest, and, hey! it's on a centre stand!!)

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0137.jpg

The assembled UKMOB attendees...

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0139.jpg

At least the burger van made an effort for us...

http://www.nigelstreet.com/GB/IMG_0141.jpg

Cheers all!

benson
24-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Aha well done that man for remembering a camera! Sadly we look as if we have escpaed from somewhere tho!

Seb_uk
25-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I have a feeling my centre stand could start a whole new debate.....!

Practicalities v aesthetics - definately look a bit rubbish but so useful for lubing the chain, etc (and parking on the grass at Bentley! :) )

Nonnie
25-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes, you didn't have the raid the bin like a freegan and grab some cans and crush them to use as pucks at all did you?

Unlike PD and I.

Have a nice day SeaBuck, I'm off to sun in the garden (sorry!)

Seb_uk
25-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, you didn't have the raid the bin like a freegan and grab some cans and crush them to use as pucks at all did you?

Unlike PD and I.

Have a nice day SeaBuck, I'm off to sun in the garden (sorry!)

At least it's Friday...!

Will probably be spending the rest of the day looking forward to my week off - hopefully the weather will be good next week so I can have some quality Monster time :)

Paranoid Dave
25-07-2008, 04:03 PM

That's for being cheeky about my riding standards and safety, one handed or not.

Grumpy
26-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi Guy's, first chance i've had to get on line!

First off TFF.......To Fu..ing Fast!

Karl Harrison.. he's the man! I would'nt take the ferret anywhere else.

Good to meet Sebuk, what is it with the centre stand!

Hope the sun burn is'nt to bad nonnie!lol

Liked the photo's snips.

See you all soon.

Seb_uk
28-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I still can't believe my centrestand caused such a stir.....! :)

Will probably be up at Bentley again this week if the weather is still good - although I haven't checked the forecast yet.

Nonnie
28-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I may be there. Two weeks on the trot? Unheard of!

But I'll try.

Humbucker
28-07-2008, 08:14 PM
May very well pop along myself if someone can give me a heads up of where the meet is

Grumpy
28-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Can't make this wed....wife's birthday!

Nonnie
28-07-2008, 10:04 PM
May very well pop along myself if someone can give me a heads up of where the meet is

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=great%20bentley

I hope that works.

Seb_uk
29-07-2008, 01:02 PM
The forecast looks pretty good for tomorrow 23 degrees and mostly sunny - so looks like I'll be there.

Am planning a day of bike cleaning tomorrow - chain (yuk), wheels + wash, T cut and wax. I may even polish my centrestand....... :)

I think I spend more on my bike than I do on myself - she's definately a spoilt monster!