PDA

View Full Version : S4 fork revalve????

jerry
20-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I am considering revalving my S4 forks ,

there are various valve kits out there , anyone done it i want tips etc .

JerryXt
20-07-2008, 07:53 PM
had the race kit put n the ohlins on the 748r. Makes the front very stiff but perfectly controlled. Not recommended for bad roads.

jerry
21-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I just want more compliance , and control

Scotty
21-07-2008, 10:32 PM
i took my forks to bits the other month, there was loads of gunk in there (really should put them back together ,

what exactly are you after ? are you right at one end of the adjustment ? or is the difference between clicks too much ?

retskcid
22-07-2008, 05:53 AM
I need to do something as well. Mine are far to harsh for the road (and I'm 12.5 stone) - the front gets thrown all over the place, its a handfull. It doesn't help that one side has leaked fluid.

I'd be interested to hear the options.

Gilps
22-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I've only ever dealt with Maxton Engineering so can't comment on the others. They worked wonders with the standard non-adjustable Marzochis in the race bike. It's a £300+ job though, although they would have less work to do if they were just overhauling forks rather than replacing the complete internals. I've heard K-Tech recommended by some too.
Mike Dawson also did some work on one set of our forks with good results.

jerry
22-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Have tried 37 different adjustment combos and 2 different oil weights 5w & 7.5w.

most of the time the forks are OK ''ish'' but in bumpy corners they bounce all over the place ....but at other time are too hard and harsh .It the damping that is not good enough.

crust
22-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I've got a racetech gold valve kit and springs in my 900 forks

totally transformed them, smooth compliant action, totally confidence inspiring.

you need to use their oil with them to get the best results, £20 litre = ouch but worth it.

:)crust

retskcid
23-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Have tried 37 different adjustment combos and 2 different oil weights 5w & 7.5w.

most of the time the forks are OK ''ish'' but in bumpy corners they bounce all over the place ....but at other time are too hard and harsh .It the damping that is not good enough.

mines the same, perhaps we should look into the racetech stuff.

found the racetech stuff

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.racetech.com/SubMenu.asp?cMenu=28&c=Yes&showPage=freestylestreet

however, nothing listed for the S4.