PDA

View Full Version : To name or not to name....

Seb_uk
19-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I've had my bike for over a year now and have never given her a name (I just refer to her in the female tense instead...!)

Anyway, whilst attempting to fit a carbon tea tray today and having unbolted the existing one, I noticed what seems to be the date the bike was made written on the frame under the tea tray - April 2007.

Now, I've never really been one for naming bikes and cars (Although in my younger days I did have a Renault Clio which I rather unimaginatively called "Cleo"...!) However, I now seem to be getting the urge to name my bike "April" as it seems quite appropriate being the month she seems to have been made in.

Good choice? Or shall she remain "The Monster with no name"......?!!

Seb

Dave G
19-07-2008, 04:21 PM
If your going to name it think outside the box.

Zarg the magnificent, slayer of B roads, grovel ye at the source of cool!

Zhora the everqueen,quake at my sound oh rising sun, bask in the reflected glory of my magnificance in WHSmiths window.

...you get the gist.;) :D

suzukib
20-07-2008, 07:45 AM
mines called "The Duke" creative i know, or "The Wasp" depends what mood im in http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/images/smilies/chuckle.gif and the bandit is called "suzonda" due to the parts that make it!!!!

PeterPoddy
20-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I thought 'Daisy' was the most popular name for a Duke?
:D

As in....

http://toddzilla.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/daisy_duke.jpg

Seb_uk
20-07-2008, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=PeterPoddy;266563]I thought 'Daisy' was the most popular name for a Duke?
:D

:) Not sure if I could paint my bike orange and have a condederate flag as a stripe though......!

Think I'm gonna stick with April!

Blah blah
20-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Some of the things I call my bike aren't printable...

Nonnie
20-07-2008, 04:46 PM
If your going to name it think outside the box.

Zarg the magnificent, slayer of B roads, grovel ye at the source of cool!

Zhora the everqueen,quake at my sound oh rising sun, bask in the reflected glory of my magnificance in WHSmiths window.

...you get the gist.;) :D

Superb. Made me laugh out loud.

My bike is King Juan Pepperami of Spain to give him his full title. Oh yes he is.

Thou shalt name thy bike. It is THE LAW.

gremlin
20-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Has to be done I'm afraid, mine is the Gremlin because she had loads of Gremlins but I think Clive has other names for her which are too rude to print, but that seems to be a trend with Dukes! It's also carrying on the mythical monster type theme, my last bike was Hobbit. Knowing what sex it is helps of course!

NewMon
20-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Hmm. Not too sure about this naming of bikes (and cars for that matter). Whatever floats yer boat I suppose. Not for me though - not since a friend referred to his white car as 'snowy'. Urrgh.

kathb
21-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Mine was called Duchess by my kids - for some reason they thought she was a girl. I seriously miss her.

My car is called Pablo as it's a Picasso!

ladybird
21-07-2008, 01:16 PM
i've not named any of my bikes, but bikes are definitely girls
i did name my mactop monster though, and my moveydrivey as babymonster