PDA

View Full Version : The Popham Mega Meet is BACK. Sunday 17th August 2008.

Dementor
15-07-2008, 09:03 PM
The Popham Mega Meet is BACK. Sunday 17th August 2008.

Location - Popham Airfield (6 miles West of Basingstoke off the A303)

Gates open at 10am.

Camping available Saturday night (for those that want it)

This is a great opportunity to get this event back to where it was a couple of years ago (before it clashed with the DSC trackdays). well over a hundred Ducatis attended on those occasions.

So let's make this one to remember.

See you there, Roy

http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Motorcycle_matters.htm

Directions.

Coming from London M3 take left fork onto A303 just past junction 7. Continue past airfield and take slip road to Micheldever Station to double back other side of A303.

Coming from the West along A303 take slip road for Overton/Micheldever Station, and continue as if going back onto A303.

Coming from Winchester turn left at M3 junction 9 onto A34 then fork right onto A33. Continue until left turn to Micheldever just past Ideal Garage. Follow signs to Overton. Turn right immediately after going under A303 flyover

Pedro
15-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice one, went a few years ago, a good day out.

Ped

Albie
16-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Yes been twice and recommended. May do it this year possibly

CK & AK
01-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Reminder - this is 2 weeks on Sunday.

AK is having a tidy up of the stable, shed & garage & will be taking a lot of monster parts to sell, as well as tyres, kwak bits etc.

skidlids
01-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Reminder - this is 2 weeks on Sunday.

AK is having a tidy up of the stable, shed & garage & will be taking a lot of monster parts to sell, as well as tyres, kwak bits etc.

I'll also be setting up in the Autojumble area my mate Jim has booked me a pitch along with his. As with AK i'm having a bit of a garage clearout, mainly bits from my old TT race bikes and possibly a few Ducati bits.

I intend going down on Saturday and camping overnight so if your doing the same C i'll see you there.

CK & AK
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
I'll also be setting up in the Autojumble area my mate Jim has booked me a pitch along with his. As with AK i'm having a bit of a garage clearout, mainly bits from my old TT race bikes and possibly a few Ducati bits.

I intend going down on Saturday and camping overnight so if your doing the same C i'll see you there.

D1ck told me I couldnt go unless I was camping overnight! :D

skidlids
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
D1ck told me I couldnt go unless I was camping overnight! :D

He said it was OK for me to turn up Sat lunchtime if I wanted to.
Planing on driving down in the van with Autojumble bits and a road bike in the back, go for a bit of a ride then spend the evening having a BBQ and something to wash it down with.

Apparently there will be some evening entertainment of someone streaking down the A303 :lol:

CK & AK
12-08-2008, 08:17 AM
well, van now loaded to the gunnells with lots of Ducati (inc monster stuff such as road going gear for 'ie' bikes as well as other stuff - seats, forks, engine parts etc) & also kwak stuff & tyres etc.

See some of you there. My bike will be on Snell's tradestand for the day, joining their other makes of new Ducati's. Seems like D i c k at the airfield is really pushing the boat out for this year - dedicated Ducati parking and many bike stands :cool:

C

gary tompkins
12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Would have loved to go to this but I'm on holiday in Ireland