PDA

View Full Version : Glorious day.

kevm
13-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Up early, quick 60 miles on bike on fine roads in the dry!! Back for a pint and watch Motor GP, another for 'Stoner,' then bike on stands for a much needed clean. Life can be so grand! Kev.

forresterone
13-07-2008, 04:56 PM
I agree, great day. weather spot on. racked up 140 miles on my 696, first service on Friday, spent afternoon cleaning bike, drinking beer, having a BBQ, happy days...
Cheers Jeff

gremlin
13-07-2008, 08:32 PM
We met up with Nonnie, Rod, Benson, Jules, Squiffy plus dad in law and White357 in Southwold, which was beautifully sunny but then while Squiffy, Whitey, Clive and I waited very patiently for chish and fips on the quayside it tipped it down. The wait was worth it though. Hope everyone got home safely. Bike looks stunning Nonnie and hope the hand heals quickly.

Nonnie
13-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Justine not Jules!

Was that really Squiffy's Dad in law?!

We finally meet anyway. Great journeys, I played with the bigger boys on the way back and had a little shopping trip. Well, there was also a car at my disposal so you have to take these opportunities. Dodged most of the showers, never got that wet and even managed to park my bike properly back in the garage.

Hand feeling red raw but no matter. A karting injury has such kudos.

Snips
13-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Sorry to miss that crowd. Glad you all had fun.

Hope the hand heals quickly, Nonnie - was it your [traffic] lollipop hand?

Hope to catch you all next time, maybe some of you will be at the twin-thingy next weekend?

scrumpster
14-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Justine not Jules!

Was that really Squiffy's Dad in law?!

We finally meet anyway. Great journeys, I played with the bigger boys on the way back and had a little shopping trip. Well, there was also a car at my disposal so you have to take these opportunities. Dodged most of the showers, never got that wet and even managed to park my bike properly back in the garage.

Hand feeling red raw but no matter. A karting injury has such kudos.

Nonnie, what you been up to now??!!!

squiffything
14-07-2008, 11:53 AM
We met up with ......... Squiffy plus dad in law ........

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee oh stop it my sides are hurting, oh he is going to get such a ribbing over that one.

Gremlin, Terry is not my father in law though personally I think he looks old enough. He is my Sarah's ex husband and the dad of her two girls.

Good to see everyone though apologise that we arrived a little late. he sun was shining and we went a very long twisty way round avoiding most A roads and seeing places never seen before and unlikely to ever find again. There really are some great little undiscovered roads in Suffolk if you get off the beaten track.

emily's driver
14-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Nonnie, what you been up to now??!!!

Dragging my hand along the floor from a Fullerton Kart. Not big or clever and it didn't hurt much at the time but it's been nearly 2 weeks and it's still weeping. Eeewwwww.

Oh but I won so it doesn't really matter.

Hope you OK.

x

forgot to log Rod out.

gremlin
14-07-2008, 05:57 PM
OOps! Think I'm having major senior moments!!! Sorry Justine, you look so much like an old friend who is a Jules! Glad I've made you laugh again Squiffy, hope Terry has a sense of humour. It's funny Clive gets on really well with my ex hubby, mind you so do I now I don't have to live with him! Glad you've posted so I know all are safely gathered in so to speak. We've found some lovely roads today, just off the A140 towards Framlingham, lovely sweeping bends etc so may a meet up and head to Framlingham castle one day.

neilbaldry
14-07-2008, 06:12 PM
twin-thingy next weekend?

??????????????

Nonnie
14-07-2008, 06:21 PM
??????????????

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25912&highlight=Buell+European+V-twin+Festival+19th+July+2008

Neil, if you can go, then go. It's a truly fantastic day out. We're not going to make it this year on account of us having a date with Paul Young, Kim Wilde and Rick Astley.

I sh1t you not.

Grumpy
14-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Just managed to log in after a busy 24 hrs since leaving you guys at Southwold.
Good to see you all again.
My trip home was uneventfull, apart from the flat cap brigade beening out in force!!!!

Nonnie, is this a teenage crush beening lived out!! lol

gremlin
14-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Just managed to log in after a busy 24 hrs since leaving you guys at Southwold.
Good to see you all again.
My trip home was uneventfull, apart from the flat cap brigade beening out in force!!!!

They're called mimsers! We got caught by them too in 1920s cars on the twisties to Halesworth, aaargh. Will have to have a regular get together somewhere between borders. Perhaps we can get a few more involved too.

Nonnie
14-07-2008, 08:34 PM

Yeah! It's an 80's concert with 11 different acts. Can't wait. Hope the weather is kind as it's outside at a stateley home.

Grumpy
14-07-2008, 08:57 PM
regular meet up sounds good to me.....how about either in Framlingham or Southwold/alborough?
The fish and chips in Alborough are damn fine, or there's the pub next to the caslte in Framlingham?

Nonnie, are you going to watch all the acts!!! is so that will make the whole day pimms o'clock!!!lol

Nonnie
14-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I'll be taking "Pimms in tins", some chairs, a table, a couscous and mint salad and some napkins.

So there!

Yes, fish and chips in Aldborough is mighty fine.

gremlin
14-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Pimms has to have strawberries in in fact loads of fruit so you can munch away for ages. Nonnie I take it you're going to the Blickling thing. I love that house, we picked up a leaflet about the concert the other day, I'd quite like to relive my youth but it's not Clives era!
Must admit the chish and fips were rather good on Sunday, think they bring stuff in every day so it's really fresh. Will have to go a bit further down to Aldorough next time perhaps. Last time we went we couldn't make up our minds about it so a second view would be good. I was being an anorak comparing the place to the Colin Forbes book I'd just read and it was pretty accurate I have to say.