PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 10th July

slob
09-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Is Italian night at The Ace, the weather looks as though it should have blown over by tomorrow too.

Headhunter
09-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Thankfully my meeting after work has been cancelled, so if there's not a requirement for an ark to ship my bike, I will be there.

Kato
09-07-2008, 10:31 AM
will make a decision when I see what the weather is doing.

mikej
09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Will head along too, as long as the weather picks up.

Hopefully with newly fitted smaller tea tray and non-melting indicators....

seby
09-07-2008, 12:14 PM
mike did u buy new ones?

mikej
09-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Have got the tea tray but not the indicators yet.

Clearance is tight with the exhaust so will have to be pretty small.

benson
09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll hopefully be there without my water wings!

Diego
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
ello chaps!

will try to make this weather permitting...

sitting in the office at the mo...the monsoon looks scary...

wait where is my scuba suit before I head down to the parking lot :-(

benson
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Hopefully if the BBC is to be believed we will be ok for tomorrow night!!!

banditloon
10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Depending on what mood I'm in after work and how my shoulder is (hit a car this morning... Driver decided the filtering loud motorcycle wasn't there!) I'll be thereish.... :D

yantheman
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
hi chaps, i would like to join but at what time? :)

seby
10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
hi chaps, i would like to join but at what time? :)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=207&day=2008-7-10&c=3

yantheman
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Seby. Not sure what time I will be there though, must finish something tonight. As soon as it is done I will make my way there if it is not too late I hope!.

seby
10-07-2008, 04:07 PM
yan i will not be there...

hope sat the weather will be ok
i would like to go in box hill...

benson
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi folks - hope to be there about 8ish myself - and don't say this too loudly but the sun's out!

banditloon
10-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Back at home on painkillers :( Hope you have a good evening.. And yes THE SUN IS SHINNING!!! ;)

Diego
10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
not gonna make it chaps...too many things going on prior to my hols..

next time. enjoy!

slob
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
not gonna make it chaps...too many things going on prior to my hols..

next time. enjoy!

Didn't miss much...
MikeJ, PeterPoddy, me, Headhunter, Hackney620, Yantheman....

ALL MADE TO PARK IN THE NAUGHTY CORNER! along with almost every other Italian bike, so the main carpark of London's original biker cafe could be filled with cars. Mark(guvnor) wasn't around and in his absence the dayglo parking muppets decided that bikers should be treated as 2nd class citizens. If that happens again I won't be going back... except to tell Mark why.

benson
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
It was rather a lot of pants wasn't it? I mean - I was wedged in right on the entrance corner whilst the cars languished on the forecourt - wouldn't mind so much if there were some half way decent cars but there seemed to be a preponderance of Fiat Pandas - I ask you....was good to see the usual suspects there and some new faces too but all in all it had rather too much scent of chav for my delicate nose...

slob
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Blimey ma'am, didn't spot you, what time where you there?
I saw a short woman on a hyper by the gate but I'm pretty sure it wasn't you.

benson
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Apparently you had just left when Frank and I rocked up - the woman on the hyper had that rather nice luggage tho so it was good to chat with her about it - it looked almost tasteful!

Headhunter
10-07-2008, 09:20 PM
all in all it had rather too much scent of chav for my delicate nose...

Yep. Were far too many boy racers for my liking. Lucky no one was hurt.

Good to see everyone tonight - hopefully better management and atmosphere next time.

yantheman
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah.. too many bike hooligans I think...

banditloon
10-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Didn't miss much...

ALL MADE TO PARK IN THE NAUGHTY CORNER! along with almost every other Italian bike, so the main carpark of London's original biker cafe could be filled with cars. Mark(guvnor) wasn't around and in his absence the dayglo parking muppets decided that bikers should be treated as 2nd class citizens. If that happens again I won't be going back... except to tell Mark why.

Damn right.. Gotta get the Alfas in there ;)

I'll get my coat!!

(Not that the organisation is any better when Mark is around)

slob
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah.. too many bike hooligans I think...

Stop complaining Yan, I left when you got there didn't I?

yantheman
10-07-2008, 10:28 PM
:) Sorry Rob I am not complaining... Just saying that after you'd left, there was a minor collison between 2 cars already. Also a couple of bikes doing silly wheelies as well...

slob
11-07-2008, 06:05 AM
:) Sorry Rob I am not complaining... Just saying that after you'd left, there was a minor collison between 2 cars already. Also a couple of bikes doing silly wheelies as well...

Chill out dude, I figured you'd know I was kidding without me having to resorting to the dreaded ;) (see Singletrack, I used one!)

Kato
11-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Well for some bizzare reason I wasn't ushered into the corner and got a spot by the entrance next to a monster with lots of gold paint no idea who's it was! bit of a subdued evening so didn't stay long, but good to see you all...

yantheman
11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
:) :) got it Rob.. I was a bit thick you know ;)

Snips
11-07-2008, 09:07 AM
That sucks, always wanted to attend an Ace meet, for the experience.

I was going to see if Squiffy and Captain Beaky wanted to head down sometime.

Maybe there are better bike focused events there?

benson
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Kato that was mine you were next to - I was noticing your transformer like levers!!!!

Usually Snips it's much better than it was last night - really not sure why it was such a car focused evening - and they weren't even nice!!!

Headhunter
11-07-2008, 10:06 AM
It's not usually like that, Snips.

Usually a good selection of Italian bikes - don't think recent weather helped the overall turnout of bikes.

Kato
11-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Kato that was mine you were next to - I was noticing your transformer like levers!!!!

My apologies ....should have known that very nice detailing I really liked it.

benson
11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks Kato - not as much as I like your espresso holders tho! :-)

squiffything
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
That sucks, always wanted to attend an Ace meet, for the experience.

I was going to see if Squiffy and Captain Beaky wanted to head down sometime.

Maybe there are better bike focused events there?

This Sunday it's a classic bike turnout organised by BSA owners I think but didn't fancy it We are hoping to go down one weekend so I'll give you a shout when we do.

JerryXt
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks Kato - not as much as I like your espresso holders tho! :-)

Rob potters around, so he doesn't spill much. Even keeps it upright on the beach.

slob
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Rob potters around, so he doesn't spill much. Even keeps it upright on the beach.

We heard you do too Jerry.

Diego
11-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Didn't miss much...

The naughty corner? Bastids!

Seems to happen more and more at the ace...pref going to cars rather then the mighty two wheelers!!!!

hmmm perhaps we should do the espresso escapade again next time!

ps enjoy this weekend...back in a week myself!

banditloon
11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
The naughty corner? Bastids!

Seems to happen more and more at the ace...pref going to cars rather then the mighty two wheelers!!!!

hmmm perhaps we should do the espresso escapade again next time!

ps enjoy this weekend...back in a week myself!

That easy.. Car carrys two or maybe four people. One person in the car will not be drinking but the other passengers in the tin box could well be enjoying a beverage or seven....

Bikes... One person, maybe two. Can drink tea/coffee/soft drink or if daring.. one beer.....

Who will the Ace kick into the naughty corner and get rid of???

(another place that has gone on my naughty list)

benson
11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I like the idea of a Friday night pootle to Bar Italia myself - if tonight continues as it is right now and I EVER finish the report I'm working on I might just reward myself with a ride through town after sunset.....

slob
11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I like the idea of a Friday night pootle to Bar Italia myself - if tonight continues as it is right now and I EVER finish the report I'm working on I might just reward myself with a ride through town after sunset.....

I'll meet you there, what time?

benson
11-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Know what - that would be good - IF it stops raining I'll be game sir! What time you thinking of? I have enough work to sink a battle ship but if the sun ever reappears it could be a nice incentive!

slob
11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry benson, I'm bailing out, after 10 hours at work...
dead internet connection, rerouting traffic over ADSL lines to enable 60 engineers to support 4000 users on 265 networks whilst incompetent telecoms companies finally fixed the outage after 15 hours (I told them what was 3 hours after getting to work)...
I've just poured myself a HUGE glass of red wine and I'm not riding anywhere tonight. Another time though!

JerryXt
11-07-2008, 08:33 PM
We heard you do too Jerry.

I potter around until I fall on my ar*e.

benson
11-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the call Slob and hope you enjoyed your wine! I sank into some find Hook Norton beer and not working any more which was a result - hopefully the weather will be kinder tomorrow and I will be out again on two wheels...

Happy weekend...