PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Rivington Barn?

BluprintZ
08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
As can be seen in the portal.
Have a test ride on a new Ducati at Rivington Barn Hall, Nr Bolton this coming weekend 12-13 July.
I'm having a long weekend up in Rossendale, so if any of you are planning to go, give me a shout and we can meet up there.
I used to go to the Barn with around a dozen or more of us pretty much every Sunday before i moved to Wales 20 yrs ago and it was a brilliant day out.
Those of you who have never been to Rivvy, try and make it this weekend, you won't be disappointed!

PaulEllison
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I will be there, hopefully the weather will have cleared up by the weekend....
Paul.

BluprintZ
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
I will be there, hopefully the weather will have cleared up by the weekend....
Paul.

Nice one Paul.
I'm still going, even if it's hammering it down!
You gotta expect the worse, then if the weather is good, it's a bonus!
See you there mate.

George.

sprintbint
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
If the weather clears up, then we're going to try and get there

BluprintZ
09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
If the weather clears up, then we're going to try and get there

Fingers crossed for a dry day then Susan, hope to see you there.

George.

PaulEllison
14-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Did anybody go up to Rivington on Sunday ?
I was there, and got the chance to test ride one of the new 696's..
Loved it, what a bike, very easy to ride, falls into corners, very smooth, nice riding position, fast enough...
Thanks for Chris Booth and Ducati UK for a great day out.
Paul.

BluprintZ
14-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Did anybody go up to Rivington on Sunday ?Paul.

Yea, i was there with a couple of mates from Bolton/Rossendale.
It was pretty crowded eh Paul?
We were sat on the grass across from the burger thingie (cheese-burgers were crap), had a wander around for an hour or so, it's changed a hell of a lot since i was last there (`88), there weren't any stalls there then, seems to have gone very comercial, although i've been told devils bridge is the same in Kirkby-Lonsdale.
Didn't spot Neil and his missus either, shame.
I took a couple of pics, so i'll put them on site later.
Sorry to have missed you Paul, maybe next time!

George.

YoungDucS4R
15-07-2008, 06:48 AM
............. it's changed a hell of a lot since i was last there (`88), there weren't any stalls there then, seems to have gone very comercial, although i've been told devils bridge is the same in Kirkby-Lonsdale.............

I wasnt there on Sunday (working) but do manage to make it quite regularly when Im off.
You only get stalls and stuff when there is a special event on, otherwise its just the car park and the barn.... and hundreds of bikes and bikers!!
The Bridge hasnt changed much over the years, but there are a few more traders stalls in the field over the road.
And traffic wardens issuing tickets if your parked in the wrong place!!

YD.

dunlop0_1
15-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Yep me and Mrs Monster turned up. Great day, loads of Dukes turned up. Most amusing thing was the guy arriving on his Desmosedici only to park it well aginst the ducati stand beacause he had previously dropped it. LOL, and by the way thats the first one I have seen in the flesh, are they all orange? Definitley not red.

Neil.

BluprintZ
15-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Yep me and Mrs Monster turned up.
Neil.

We didn't get there until around 2.00pm, due to me forgeting were my mate lived in Little lever, haven't been there for ten years, then one of the others had to be in work for 4.00pm, so i didn't get to stay as long as i would have liked.
Brilliant, sunny day though and i'm seriously thinking about a Hypermotard for next year, i'd like to keep the 900 as well `cos i'm a greedy git!
Ah well, never mind Neil, i'm sure we'll meet up at some point, i do try to get up to Rossy a few times a year!

BluprintZ
15-07-2008, 11:20 AM
You only get stalls and stuff when there is a special event on, otherwise its just the car park and the barn....
And traffic wardens issuing tickets if your parked in the wrong place!!
YD.

I was under the impression that the stalls were there every week at Rivvy, although i think they are at the bridge, like you said YD, hundreds of bikes.
There were a lot of cars there, we were held up for ages due to some twit in a rover trying to get into the bike area, even though there was a sign showing bikes to the left and cars to the right, took ages for him to get it out.
I'll give you a shout when i'm up there next.