PDA

View Full Version : suspension monster s4

nbatty3
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
hello can i ask for a little help? i had my suspension set up by 100% suspension on a track day last year thought it felt good! been getting on ok!!

however i had a play on a mates bike at mallory on friday! it felt a country mile better than mine!! ok it was a cbr 600 rr but it felt planted where as the s4 has always mooved round!! how do i get it on rails?? any set up suggestions? i dont need to worry about road comfort because the s4 is pretty much now a permenant track bike!!

thanks neil

Bodybag
07-07-2008, 09:14 PM
hello can i ask for a little help? i had my suspension set up by 100% suspension on a track day last year thought it felt good! been getting on ok!!

however i had a play on a mates bike at mallory on friday! it felt a country mile better than mine!! ok it was a cbr 600 rr but it felt planted where as the s4 has always mooved round!! how do i get it on rails?? any set up suggestions? i dont need to worry about road comfort because the s4 is pretty much now a permenant track bike!!

thanks neil

I don't want to teach you to suck eggs but check that you have the right tyre pressures for track. It could be that you've set them either too high where the bike will grip then spit you off. Or you've got them too low and they have too much flex in them. See what pressures people around you are using.

nbatty3
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
yep, tyres checked i run 28/30psi ish as per peoples recomendations in the past! unless thats wrong!

Zimbo
08-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Experiment a little, I set mine at 29/29.

jerry
08-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Rear ride height probably needs raising its a bitch of a job ,i recently did it on mine 10mm and it was a real transformation,

the S4 front forks can be a bugger though sometimes too hard but suddenly very bouncy in bumpy corners ,some people say they benefit from a revalve.

nbatty3
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
ok, i have the back jacked up to add 15 mm i was told by the chap who did it! got rid of standard pegs! re valve i'll look into it

also i have had WILBERS recomemded to me for different springs anyone heard of them? any good?