PDA

View Full Version : Aarrgghh!

Redkite
06-07-2008, 11:21 AM
The last few weeks I'd noticed a lot of pushbikes and scooters pushed over or chucked in the street. This morning it was my turn at about 05.00 ; some **nt pushed my bike over.
It woke me - first the crash then the alarm. I was out of my bedroom and at the window (3rd floor) before the alarm shut off, he obviously ran because he was way down the street and I heard other things crashing to the ground.
Don't think it's a drunk, more like one of those agressive types that talk out loud to themselves.

Anyway, it took until about 9 before anyone came along that was willing to help me lift it up. It fell on its LH side.
Damage? the LH bar end seems to have taken the brunt, the clutch lever is scratched. Haven't noticed anything else so far, forgot to look at the state of the crash bung. The bike cover is ripped and needs replacing so hopefully thats all. It started OK.

Seems strange to me that it fell on its LH side and the sidestand was still down?

Stu

suzukib
06-07-2008, 11:31 AM
****! wait for the bstard n kill him!

my bike fell over in the wind left side down?!!! i thought it was strange also. mine suffered bent bars, tank clip had snapped and that was about it!!!!

BluprintZ
06-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Seems strange to me that it fell on its LH side and the sidestand was still down?
Stu

Maybe the fact that the sidestand was down might have helped slightly Stu.
Had it gone over on the right-hand side, it could well have done more damage.
The arsehole who pushed it over probably had to give it a fair push, to get it over the point of balance on the stand, so it would have more of an arch as it fell, that is probably why the handlebar end and the lever had the damage.
Was the stand still down when you got to it?
I've had a few scares myself lately mate, that's the problem those of us without a garage have to put up with.
Last night i heard what sounded like a fair gang of kids going past my place, the local village festival is in full swing, so we get a lot of people coming from outside the area, i must admit, i was cringing for a while until i heard there shouting etc getting fainter.
I didn't want to start pulling the curtains aside to see what the were up to, that can possibly make things worse i think, they can see that you are concerned and then you can tend to get one of them that will show off, then it can all get a bit out of hand.
Hope you get the bike sorted mate but i think it's a bit of a lottery, it was your turn this time, just bad luck.

George.

Snips
06-07-2008, 01:57 PM
That's awful. Hope you can get it fixed.

Presumably there's a chance that it could happen again, do you have anywhere else to keep the bike, or can you chain it to a support?

Redkite
06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
No don't really have anywhere else to leave it. My bikes have been parked there for years, this is the first time anything major has happened.

And the stand was still down when the bike was lying on its side.

Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens tonight....

Rancid Badger
07-07-2008, 12:29 AM
As you've nowhere secure to park, all I can suggest are:

Stainless guy ropes - see the bugger try to push your pride and joy over then!
or
Claymores...

jerry
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
attach 240v mains to the bike (take out the battery and detach coils and fuses)

await for horrific screams and smell of roasting flesh , go outside and batter perp with hammer or cricket bat.and put plastic bag over their head and attach with rubber band round neck.put bike back together and ride away into bliss.

JimmyF
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
try an alarm mine...

http://www.bikesecure.co.uk/pages/alarm_mine.html

see how clever he feels when he sh1ts his pants with fright next time he's on your property

Redkite
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
try an alarm mine...

see how clever he feels when he sh1ts his pants with fright next time he's on your property

LOL - like that but I'd probably be the one that gets arrested!

Rancid Badger
07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
try an alarm mine...

Hmmm, I wonder what the effect of replacing the blank with a live round would be.... An omni-directional claymore!