PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen - check your nuts please...

LVC
04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Well I've just got back in from a ride - in fact 2 rides; the first on the Ducati enjoying the country lanes with a fellow Monster rider, the 2nd in the Pajero trying to locate the missing rear seat cover :hissy:

Aparently unhappy with my driving style my rear cover had managed to work loose both securing bolts and then decided to get off. I have (thankfully) found the cover and it only has a few minor marks on it but it could have been a lot worse :toilet:

So please take five seconds and check your securing bolts are nice and tight as I wouldn't want anyone else to have the same experience.

P.S. If anyone has two rear seat cover securing bolts going spare I'd be happy to buy them off you - gave up looking for mine after 20 minutes.

Albie
04-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Nearly cost you dear. Either 2 gutter bolts about 15 mm long x M6 thread or 2 M6 stainlesss or plated bolts. These you can do up wit a key then.

Blah blah
05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Ever thought of using thread lock compound on 'em ??

Not much use now obviously, but when it comes round to fitting the new ones...

Scotty
05-07-2008, 07:57 PM
umm I think the original 'thumb screw' type bolts are misleading , they need doing up tighter than finger tight, I've lost a cowl this way before and that was with it underneath a rucksack bunged to the tail

wooley_t
18-08-2008, 07:46 PM
has your bike been to stratstone clay cross at any point?. Mine went for some work, came back butchered and things loose all over. NEVER AGAIN!!. JHP all the way now.... I check regular and use the Loctite thread lock, the light stuff.