PDA

View Full Version : Isolation..

BluprintZ
01-07-2008, 10:22 AM
As i'm a fairly new member and not had the 900 very long, i'm obviously gagging to meet up with other members and owners, by way of joining in with any of the run-outs etc.
My problem is that i'm in North Wales and most of the action seems to be down south, or thereabouts.
A weekender would probably be ideal, it would be worth riding down yon to have a few days meeting some of you.
The nearest i've got at the moment is a weekend at the Anglesey circuit in September, where i'm hoping to meet CK and the gang, although that would hardly be a run, i only live ten miles away from the circuit and pass that way several times a week.

Kato
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I bought my 900 in deepest darkest Wales........bloody cold up there :-)

BluprintZ
01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I bought my 900 in deepest darkest Wales........bloody cold up there :-)

Actually, it's quite a nice day today, although tomorrow it could well be slashing it down and be like the middle of November.
Get your point though, it can be a bit wild`n wooly here.

banditloon
01-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I maybe participating in a trip to the Evo Triangle sometime in the next few months :D

Not sure if I should chance the bike and get arrested by the NW police, or take the car and blend into the scenery.... erm....

Diego
01-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Actually, it's quite a nice day today, although tomorrow it could well be slashing it down and be like the middle of November.
Get your point though, it can be a bit wild`n wooly here.

Was in Bangor last weekend. Stayed in Penrhyn Castle. Smashing weather on Saturday and Sunday!

I wish I had my monster up there but alas...had to leave it in London and get the train up.

CK & AK
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Try sending a PM to Claicerigg - he's up your way.

C :)

ps: make sure you have local papers available for me to peruse house details when we come up in Sept ;)

BluprintZ
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Try sending a PM to Claicerigg - he's up your way.C :)
ps: make sure you have local papers available for me to peruse house details when we come up in Sept ;)

I did drop Clai a line when Ped was asking for regional reps a while back, with a view to helping him out when needed but i didn't get a reply.
He's in the same town as my eldest daughter but i've never seen a Monster in Llangefni !
Regarding the house details (sharp intake of breath), i'll have the local papers for you.
Thinking of moving?

Cheers Charlotte.

CK & AK
01-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Moving? Possibly next year, tho this depends on how we are doing with the racing etc.

Maybe Clai has a broken 'puter? - worth sending him one again tho, just in case? (edit: just checked his profile & he's been on line recently)
Head your message with 'CK says....' :D

lol

BluprintZ
01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Was in Bangor last weekend. Stayed in Penrhyn Castle. Smashing weather on Saturday and Sunday!
I wish I had my monster up there but alas...had to leave it in London and get the train up.

Hi Diego.
Nice place Penrhyn, been a while since i've been there.
If you are in the area again, give us a shout and i'll buy you a pint!

George.

benson
01-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Fantastic roads to be sure - and some very good fish and chips too from memory - why not try posting up a welsh weekend thread and see if anyone fancies a meet up? I for one would love a return trip tp Wales - riding the street triple home from Haverfordwest (OK so that's a long way from Bangor!) was such a wonderful run the other month that it left me hankering after a return trip!!! You never know - there might be a few folk happy and willing to journey out of their comfort zones time and weather permitting!

BluprintZ
02-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Fantastic roads to be sure - and some very good fish and chips too from memory - why not try posting up a welsh weekend thread and see if anyone fancies a meet up? I for one would love a return trip to Wales - riding the street triple home from Haverfordwest (OK so that's a long way from Bangor!) was such a wonderful run the other month that it left me hankering after a return trip!!! You never know - there might be a few folk happy and willing to journey out of their comfort zones time and weather permitting!

Funny you should say that...!
AK&CK are having a weekend of racing on the Anglesey circuit in September, they have loads of tickets (oops! what a givaway, sorry Charlotte ; ).
Should put a thread up later on this month maybe, good idea missus! http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
:thumbsup:
I would still like to attend a weekender down south as well though, i don't get out much, have a very demanding bull terrier don't you know!
Thanks. x