PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 5th July Fatboy's & Brands Hatch

slob
30-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Meeting at Fatboys Diner in Docklands again, between 11am & Midday for Brunch.

Trinity Buoy Wharf, E14 0JW
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=539522&y=180733&z=1&sv=539522,180733&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf
(Turn off the roundabout onto the Lower Lea Crossing and immediately take the slip-road, turn right under the flyover and follow the road round to the gates at the end.)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=11562&d=1212857767

Followed by a ride down to Brands Hatch to Watch the racing in the afternoon. If we can find some back roads between Dartford and West Kingsdown maybe a short detour onto the scenic route.

Admission to BH is £12 for the day and while the DD is not points scoring on the Saturday it usually great to watch, plenty of Ducati action in the SOT as well.
https://tickets.motorsportvision.co.uk/calendar/race-event-details.asp?ProductID=3599

JerryXt
30-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm planning on going down at some point this weekend. Likely sunday at this point.

Headhunter
30-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Not sure if I'll be able to join you guys this weekend. Should be able to confirm closer the day.

Albie
30-06-2008, 09:25 PM
748 in biposto form ( bugger ) for me. is that ok ? I can park it on the naughty bike side

CK & AK
30-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Will be at brands already - so see you there :cool:

slob
30-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't think there is a naughty bike side, you'll have to park with the rest of us.

Albie
30-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Ok thats ok then.

benson
30-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Won't be able to join in I'm afraid - a birthday party to attend but happy riding and eating in the cafe!

seby
30-06-2008, 11:41 PM
hi Rob
i will be there :D

anyone from N London?
p.m. me pls

Scott1
01-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Would love to but I'm working at the Mighty Boosh/Hop Farm festival in kent this weekend.

Diego
01-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Not sure if I'll be able to join you guys this weekend. Should be able to confirm closer the day.

Same for me. Will confirm on Friday/Saturday.

Will defo try to make it!

Albie
01-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Any Kenties coming as its in our COUNTY.

alan c
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
sorry would love to go but away in iow for mates party.
mind you dont fall off seat again albie !

yantheman
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I would like to join you guys :)

CK & AK
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Yan, if it helps we could bring back any tyres you might buy as will be in the race van this weekend mate. (5 miles from jct 10 of m25, 7 miles from jct 11)

C:)

yantheman
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
hi Charlotte, how do you know? telepathy?? :)

Yes, that would be great... but how do I get the tyres home?

slob
04-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Don't forget folks 11:00 tomorrow morning...

Headhunter
04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I'll be away, so wont be able to come along. Hope you have a good one - Brands will be a good laugh.

mikej
04-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Won't be at Fatboys as i will be working until around 1 but will head down to Brands if the weather is nice. See you there!

CK & AK
04-07-2008, 08:10 AM
hi Charlotte, how do you know? telepathy?? :)

Yes, that would be great... but how do I get the tyres home?

ummm, dunno mate - we can run you up to Woking station with them if that helps, as is 24 mins from Waterloo? (not knowing where you are in 'London') - am going to be off-line shortly as am planning on riding the long scenic route to Brands later this morning & will stay there to await AK with my portable bedroom tonight :D
Come & find us in the paddock if you need help Yan :)

C

yantheman
04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Cheers Charlotte, I am sure I will working something out... may be strap the tyre to the tank or on the pillion seat.

Lucky you. Today is a beautiful day to ride... I will try to find you at the paddock.

Many thanks

Yan

CK & AK
04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Cheers Charlotte, I am sure I will working something out... may be strap the tyre to the tank or on the pillion seat.

Lucky you. Today is a beautiful day to ride... I will try to find you at the paddock.

Many thanks

Yan

Large white van, with Knight RR team on the side back quarters & LSC/MHP on the front doors, caravan close by, seems like we'll be parked in the main paddock down near the fence by Hailwood cafe. Not far from bike #34 - ask in his gazebo for me if you dont find me :)

Diego
04-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Count me in folks (weather permitting) . See you for a bite at Fat Boys and a blat to Brands and back. Roll on weekend!!!!

LoughtonLion
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Can't make tomorrow now unfortunately. Bike's playing up and can't be looked at until next Wednesday. Hope the weather holds for you all and have a great time. Will try and make the next one.

Steve

Albie
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Right guys at the moment I am aiming to come. Got tax online for 748 but none displayed as in post LOL. So I check out clutch slave cylinder and its weeping. I tried changing the one from s4 but although they are different in style and depth yep your right they wont work as the s4 has a longer push rod and it wont work. I checked out the slave and although the bores and seal look OK to the eye it has a definate weep. I have got it ready for two up but would rather not, ( try telling her indoors that ). If the weathers ok I will endeavour to come but I know Im risking it. Lucky it will be a straight road almost there. If you think I should not bother tell me please as I dont want to let the side down.

Hope to see you guys tomorrow morn.

seby
05-07-2008, 08:06 AM
bad weather here :(

Albie
05-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Its meant to be brighter around 11 onwards.

Diego
05-07-2008, 08:42 AM
bad weather here :(

same here....

prediction still saying its supposed to clear up later......

fingers crossed...

seby
05-07-2008, 10:03 AM
it seems to be sunny now!
same plans guys?

Diego
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Very enjoyable day after all!!! It just cleared up somehow. Very nice to meet all the new faces today! A pleasure meeting you all.

Here are some piccies from Brands Hatch

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4485.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4486.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4487.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4489.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4490.jpg

Headhunter
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Glad to see the weather held out for you guys today.

Diego
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Here's a vid of the track....have more of us ridin but they display numberplates :-(

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/?action=view&current=CIMG4491.flv

-----------------------------------------

Diego
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
A shame about the peeps that could not make it today.

First Saturday of August perhaps? How about a ride around the Henley on Thames area?

p.s. weather permitting I'll be at the Ace cafe again this Thursday 10/07/08

yantheman
05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Thank you very much guys for a great day.

A big thank you for Slob changing the rear tyre for me, I have learned a lot today.. and thank you Albie for taking off the front wheel as well. Slob and Albie, I owe you both a few beers for sure :)

Thanks CK & AK for using the tools and paddock stands and the advice of changing the tyre there than bringing them back to London.

Of course thanks for Diego of lending me the cash and help for the front tyre... and man you ride like a naughty boy :) + Mikej in joining us for the ride back to and in London.

I took only a few pics today. Will post them a bit later on.

slob
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Another grand day out chaps, I got sunburnt in the end after watching the 1/2 hour Dutch Ducati club race after you left.
Sorry to have missed you Seby but I'd left home by the time you posted.
I'm going to post a sticky with better directions to Fatboy's since Dr Mike commented on not being able to find it.
High point of my day was that Porsche turbo driver who tried so hard to get past us by doing 90 up the inside lane in a 50 zone just so we could pass him and 'wave' in stationary traffic 2 miles up the A2
Nice to meet Shuffy too.
I'm going down to Newlands Corner for brekkie tomorrow and then back to Brands to watch more racing.
Thanks, as ever, to CK & AK for the endless hospitality, tool loan etc.

Headhunter
05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
First Saturday of August perhaps? How about a ride around the Henley on Thames area?

p.s. weather permitting I'll be at the Ace cafe again this Thursday 10/07/08

If you guys can resist until I'm back from the US, I can show you some v.nice roads just off H-on-T on the 9th?

Diego
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
If you guys can resist until I'm back from the US, I can show you some v.nice roads just off H-on-T on the 9th?

Sounds good to me Jon! Ill post a thread nearer to the date.

Headhunter
05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Excellent. Is a nice route off the usual H-on-T journey most take. Has some very nice twisties - up and down hill sections etc. Will be c.120 miles there and back but well worth it.

Albie
05-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Yep it was great day that I thought I may not make last nite. Clutch held out fine.I still have fluid in the reservoir but some loss.

I have learnt a few things today.

Dont ever ride your bike without taxing it. LOL

If you have more than one bike use it as it could be enjoyable.

Help out friends with bikes if you can cos they usually appreciate your efforts which is the BEST THING.

Make the most of a day pass and dont forgrt to take your phone like I did LOL

Having friends like CK and AK who always welcome you and always help you or someone out.

And Slob your a top bloke and it was a pleasure to assist you helping Yan.

Always ride in front of Diego and you may get filmed even though you didnt know it. Thanks for downloading it. Caroline enjoyed watching it.

Nice to meet JerryXT today and hope the piccies are great
Nice to see Snuffy and Dibble your bikes V nice and Mikes too.

Good to see NBS and the others

Thanks all and the country road home was nicer than M25 dont you think

craigie
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Wish I could have come today, and tomorrow, but my wee dog is not well and I don't have it in me to leave her alone, those eyes.
Next time hopefully and if not pissin down will be at the Ace Thursday.

seby
05-07-2008, 11:40 PM
sorry guys i didn t find the fatboy diner...

JerryXt
06-07-2008, 10:02 AM
hola from sunny brands! It was a pleasure to meet up with you guys yesterday.

I took over 500 photos yesterday, some quite good, but I can't post any of them here, so please go to Ducatisti, where it's possible to display pics.

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/desmodue/18340-good-luck-all-dd-ers-weekend-brands.html

Enjoy, J.

Shuffy
06-07-2008, 10:53 AM
It was really nice to meet everybody yesterday at Brands and put faces to names, sorry I didn't catch up with you all until the end of the day. Thanks to Albie and Slob for making me feel so welcome, hope everyone had a great day and a safe trip home.

benson
06-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a really great day you all had - I hope to be at the Ace this Thursday if the weather is good and I escape work in time! I think the ride to Henley area would be lovely too and if I'm around I'll be coming along too..

CK & AK
06-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Was really good to see you all there chaps - and to eventually meet Diego :cool:
ta for Dibble in bringing the donuts both days (and for letting me blatt your bike round the paddock yesterday) - and am so glad you only got drenched when wandering in the paddock today Slob - and not when riding your bike there!

Best pic of Diego's is this: http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4490.jpg Slob giving his masterclass....
Yan, hope you've managed to get some new brake pads now mate.
Hope to see some of you next weekend maybe? Meet at Box Hill on Sat at 10.30 :)

CK

slob
06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I liked this one of Jerry's when Dr AK stepped in (on) to demonstrate a quicker way of seating the new tyre.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/jerryxt/Brands%20DD/Brands5thJuly436.jpg

I love all those 3D cup bikes from Holland,
a pair of 999 chassis with 1100DS motors in, at least one Pierobon chassis and 3 NCR Milona Rs being raced, I've never seen that kind of mixture outside Assen, they seemed to be struggling to get their heads round paddock hill bend but then it's probably steeper than any part of the Netherlands!

JerryXt
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
haha - that was so funny I had to click! Do you know, after that, the front tyre was taken over to the tyre fitting van??? Bizzarre :scratch:

Dibble brought donuts? Who ate all them then???

CK & AK
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Dibble brought donuts? Who ate all them then???

I had one on Saturday - lovely sugary jammie ones they were! - where did you pop off to, you really missed out, as AK managed 2 yum-yums! :D
Mind you - as Slob will attest - on Sunday we were treated to the bestest Krispy Creme donuts, as Dibble brought la couple of large boxes along for our end of the paddock.

C, needing even more to start a diet :(

slob
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
the front tyre was taken over to the tyre fitting van???

Yep, we fitted a rear tyre, balanced the wheel and then got Yan to get the other one done by Holbeach in 2 minutes flat on their machine, as a lesson in why it's worth paying £7.50 to have someone else do it!

yantheman
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
:) yes.. the amount of grief involved was totally justified of spending £7.50 for the front wheel. Thank you very much for doing the back wheel though slob.