PDA

View Full Version : Frame needed for a monster 620

Gerry221
26-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi I am after a frame and logbook for a monster 620 can anyone help. It is a long story but basicly I am stuck with a importted monster 620 that I can not use unless I can put it on a new frame, the guy I got it from only gave me the logbook from Cyprus and promised to down the rest of the paperwork to me but has since disapeared.
Can I use any other monster frame and tell DVLA of the changes.
I am getting to the point where I donot know what to do with the bike any body got any ideas.
Cheers Gerry

Nonnie
26-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi Gerry, I see you have posted before about this problem. Have you managed to trace the guy you got the bike off by going through the armed forces? I am guessing this is your only legal option. You are either a genuine guy who has been ripped off in which case you have to trace the person and knowing they're in the forces is an excellent start or there is a very illegal reason. I really hope it is the former.
Best regards

neilbaldry
26-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I am getting to the point where I donot know what to do with the bike any body got any ideas.
Cheers Gerry

Track bike?! DD bike?!

Kato
26-06-2008, 09:43 AM
If you have the logbook why can't you get DVLA to re register on a UK book

Gerry221
26-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Have tried to track him with no luck.
I would like to use the bike on the road if i can.What is DD bike?
And I have spoken to DVLA who told me I need import paperwork ect before I can rereg the bike which I do not have.
I am happy for any local menber to arrange to come and see my bike and paperwork if this helps I am in Plymouth I would even consider buying a damaged 620 and using mine for spares to rebuild it.

Yorkie
26-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Vehicle registration
The following documents will need to be submitted to the DVLA local office, photocopies are not acceptable.

1. Completed application form V55/4 (for new vehicles) or V55/5 (for used vehicles) a £55.00 registration fee (if applicable)
2. The required fee for the licence
3. A current British certificate of insurance
4. Foreign registration document and any other papers you have relating to the vehicle
5. Evidence showing the date the vehicle was collected (normally the invoice from the supplier)
6. Evidence of type approval
7. The appropriate HM Revenue and Customs form

Taken from here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583

Nickj
26-06-2008, 06:15 PM
You'd have to be tempted to say a new frame would be one with a different number and as the number is stamped on the head stock an additional character or two would make it new and unique. That or a cosmetic write off would be best, clone the frame number then chop it up.
Had the same hassle with an old landie, no vin plate anywhere on it. Then again I don't suppose there were ore than 10 original parts on it. Bought a new one and got a number stamped on.. Instantly it was considered kosher again.

Nickj
26-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh as in Yorkies post if you're missing item 4 then you might find the SVA, MSVA route a bit easier. In any case the DVLA should issue you with a VIN numver if one isn't present.
You might also want to look at the Mutual Recognition Process which might well work out in your case.

Gerry221
26-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Yorkie donot mind doing the paperwork,paying the fees and insuring the bike but the only paperwork I have for the bike is a logbbok from Cyprus and that it. What do you mean by a type of approval evidence. Do you thinkl this would get me a logbook?

Yorkie
26-06-2008, 07:06 PM
As far as i am aware the LogBook from Cyprus or any other country is all they require, just proof it exists!

As for the rest im not sure. Get in touch with DVLA, once you have held on the line for 30 mins!!

Good luck

Yorkie.

Nickj
26-06-2008, 08:04 PM
The log book should be good, you might well need to have evidence that it complies to UK standards. So lights dipping the right way, mph & kph on speedo and so on is required, this either needs receipts from someone to prove work has been done or an inspection, the MSVA bit.
You want to spend a bit of time at direct.gov where you ought to find pretty much all you need.
Luckily the meeting UK standards is pretty easy, most everyone elses standard spec is higher than ours :(

Gerry221
26-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks all will have a chat to DVLA tomorrow
Cheers Gerry

yantheman
26-06-2008, 11:17 PM
hi, I was trying to register a italian vespa et4 about 3 years ago. I failed to register the scooter becasue I needed to do a UK conformaty test in a designated test center - DVLA have a list - and I didn't want to pay the 70 odd quid testing fee.

As far as I was told, you needed the original foreign log book and the approximate date when the bike first entered this country (any kind of receipt) and the conformity certificate, then you could re-register your bike in the UK.

I am not sure if the process is still the same though.

Hope this helps

Gerry221
27-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Hello All
I have checked out the DVLA web site and phoned them and it is all looking good. I have to do a MSVA form and wait for that to come back and them get the bike checked at my local DVLA station but it is looking hopefull. Will keep you updated with my progress.
Thanks again for all the advice I was getting close to breaking the bike.

Cheers Gerry

Anybody got a UK spec headlight for a monster for sale?

slob
27-06-2008, 09:24 AM
If you don't find one
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=24255&highlight=bmw