PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton with Ducati UK monday 30th

Edcase
25-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Anyone else booked on this?

First trackday since the carb and brake upgrade, should be good.

Any londoners who fancy a convoy let me know.

`ed

m600_888_900ss
26-06-2008, 07:29 AM
I'll be there at the evening session on my 888.

Andy

Edcase
27-06-2008, 03:24 PM
What time does the eve session start?

My new performance friction pads just arrived in the nick of time,phew!

Edcase
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh my what a great day!

I want an 848!!!

The 1098s I rode before was far too hot for me, but the 848 I was able to just instantly grab by the scruff and ride the nuts off. Made me feel like a hero! When the S comes out they may just have me as a customer!!!

Awesome.

neilbaldry
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
That good is it? They always say the smaller capacity sportsbikes (748 749) are better bikes for most people than the bigger ones!

Edcase
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah it was perfect for me. Not too much low-down grunt to get you in trouble exiting bends like the 1098 definitely would, but goes like absolute stink once it's going (it was a lot lot quicker on the straights than a guy on a 748s), the brakes are fab, but it just turns in so nicely, which is really noticable somewhere like snet where there are those two very tight chicanes.

It's also got a lovely throttle action which made rev matching second nature. It's just great to ride something you can get your teeth into, I don't think I'll ever be man enough to really rag a 1098 and I don't mind admitting as much.

sadbiker
01-07-2008, 01:43 PM
What was this about having to bang a £1400 deposit down via card and that someone who cracked a Hyper fairing lost the full amount and not the price of the fairing. My mate who went said that once people picked up on this the Ducati's didn't go out that much.

neilbaldry
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
that sounds a bit harsh!

Edcase
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
What was this about having to bang a £1400 deposit down via card and that someone who cracked a Hyper fairing lost the full amount and not the price of the fairing. My mate who went said that once people picked up on this the Ducati's didn't go out that much.

No you sign away paying for the first £1000 of damage if you crash, its clear as day when you sign the forms and agree to take it on track. The guy on the hyper locked the rear wheel by sticking it in first and there was more than a cracked fairing. The mirror was off, front and rear fairing, rearsets I think etc etc. It's fair play IMHO, I rode a 1098s around brands on my first ever trackday, think of the damage I could have done to that bike above and beyond a grand! i think it's a huge risk on their part, especially since anyone can ride them (i.e. people who would never dream of buying a new duke but who would happily take liberties on someone elses bike). Having that risk over your head makes you think twice about pushing it past your or its limits!

sadbiker
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
No you sign away paying for the first £1000 of damage if you crash, its clear as day when you sign the forms and agree to take it on track. The guy on the hyper locked the rear wheel by sticking it in first and there was more than a cracked fairing. The mirror was off, front and rear fairing, rearsets I think etc etc. It's fair play IMHO, I rode a 1098s around brands on my first ever trackday, think of the damage I could have done to that bike above and beyond a grand! i think it's a huge risk on their part, especially since anyone can ride them (i.e. people who would never dream of buying a new duke but who would happily take liberties on someone elses bike). Having that risk over your head makes you think twice about pushing it past your or its limits!

I thought there was a little more to it. And I agree I do remember the face of a certian director when a no limits instructor binned the S4 at mallory....

Edcase
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
LOL. Yeah the guy who binned the hyper looked sheepish getting out the recovery truck in the pitlane!!!