PDA

View Full Version : BMCRC Bike Champs Snetterton

neilbaldry
24-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Taking place on the first weekend of July (Sat 5 Jul/Sun 6 Jul).

I will probs be going for the Sunday if anyone is interested?

BluprintZ
24-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Never mind all that Neil, have you seen this from the Dereham Times?

"Arming Dereham's residents with police speed check radar guns has been pitched as one of the measures which could be taken to reduce a black list of traffic woes drawn up by town bosses this week".

Reasons to be paranoid...part one!

neilbaldry
24-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Thats ok, my bike is actually in secret lockup, in a secret place! No-where near Dereham!

That idea would never happen, totally silly! I mean how would they keep them calibrated? The residents would have to wear hi-viz clothing, like the coppers do, as its against rozzer policy, they have to be highly visible! Plus I would just contest it saying I was being singled out and picked on because I was a biker.

BluprintZ
24-06-2008, 10:21 PM
That idea would never happen, totally silly!

Yea mate, i read it as a bit tongue in cheek to tell you the truth.
Although i did have this fleeting image of you mowing down loads of pensioners and then explaining to the police "i couldn't see tham ociffer".

take care bud!

G.

banditloon
24-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Thats ok, my bike is actually in secret lockup, in a secret place! No-where near Dereham!

That idea would never happen, totally silly! I mean how would they keep them calibrated? The residents would have to wear hi-viz clothing, like the coppers do, as its against rozzer policy, they have to be highly visible! Plus I would just contest it saying I was being singled out and picked on because I was a biker.

They do it round here! Charlton village residents have speed cameras (probably part of the neighbourhood watch bods), If you are caught going over the speed limit, then you get a nice letter from the Surrey Police advising you to slow down or else.... I've seen a few 'locals' around Billinghurst, Ripley and the posh parts of Old Woking with speed detection equipment... Lovely!

Maybe it's time to head to Watton with the Monster, she hasn't been up there yet :D

Stafford
25-06-2008, 07:16 AM
The residents of Rode in Wiltshire do it on occasion as well. They're lent the kit by the local bobbies for the day. So it would be calibrated, and they wear high viz vests. Don't know if you get a letter for excess speed though.

CK & AK
25-06-2008, 09:09 AM
We will be going along to the brands hatch meeting that weekend Neil - quite a few are racing in DD that weekend! :D

neilbaldry
25-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Maybe it's time to head to Watton with the Monster, she hasn't been up there yet :D

Well if your near watton, lemme know, dereham is spitting distance away (dont tell didge, he dont like spitters!)

neilbaldry
02-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I wont be attending this, as me and the missus are having 'a bike free weekend'

hahahahaha, whatever!