PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton 28/29th June

CK & AK
24-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Next meeting approaching rapidly!

We'll be there from Thurs night as doing the test day on the Friday.
With Clint (#36) now 2nd in the championship and Paul (#39) doing well, we are keeping everything crossed for a good weekend's racing. Once again we will be in the garages, as are making the most of them before we need the gazebo again for Mallory/Pembrey & Anglesey...

If anyone wants a spare ticket top come along, please drop me a PM by Thurs midday, and I'll see what we have left:)

CK

neilbaldry
24-06-2008, 07:38 PM
are you racing both saturday and sunday?

BluprintZ
24-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Once again we will be in the garages, as are making the most of them before we need the gazebo again for Mallory/Pembrey & Anglesey...CK

Hi guys.

Give me a shout when you are at Trac Mon, Anglesey, i'm only ten miles away in Bangor, i'll pop by`n say hello.

George.

CK & AK
24-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Neil - yes mate, free practice both days, 2 races both days, and qually on the Sat too - fingers xx'd for the weather tho!
Look out for orange/purple Monster 800's fully faired up :gay: with 1098 & 999 seat pods on :cool:

George - we arrive at Anglesey on Thurs afternoon of 11th Sept, test on the Fri all day, then 2 x races on the sat & same on the Sun. I think Claicerigg is also coming over, will deffo have spare tickets for you both, will just need PM beforehand with your addres so we can post - or leave them on the gate for you guys :)

CK

neilbaldry
24-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Looks like I will be coming up on the Sunday. Cant miss the MotoGP!

CK, you had better put on a good show! Im gonna be missing 8 hours of Superbike Sunday on Eurosport for you! I checked a 5 day forecast, and the weekend (at Dereham atleast) should be dry dry dry (tho dont take that as gospel)! And I WILL be on the monster! YAY!

Need I keep an eye on it to make sure you dont 'arf inch the engine?! As I remember you were after an 800 engine

BluprintZ
24-06-2008, 09:18 PM
George - we arrive at Anglesey on Thurs afternoon of 11th Sept, test on the Fri all day, then 2 x races on the sat & same on the Sun. CK

Thanks loads CK, been a while since i've been to the circuit, probably just after Egi retired in 2006, he did 19 yrs with the rotary F1 Norton, Caicerrig may know him.
Cheers again, i'll PM you my address nearer the time, or you can get my details from my website:
http://www.stiwdioeglwys.co.uk/contact

Nice one,
George.

BluprintZ
24-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Looks like I will be coming up on the Sunday. Cant miss the MotoGP!

Hi Neil.
Hope you make it to the Anglesey circuit in Sept, i should be going, it's only a couple of miles from where i am, plus CK has offered tickets so it would be both rude and extremely stupid not to accept his offer! ; )

Take care mate,
George.

CK & AK
25-06-2008, 06:14 AM
George - I'm the female half of the double act sir! (CK = Charlotte) :chuckle:

Neil - we do have 2 x 'sorted' 800 engines... but a spare wouldnt go amiss :D.
Please dont go to too much trouble to get to visit - I'd hate to see you grumbling next Monday about how you missed the TV on Sunday :p

Here is a linky to this weekends racing timetable: http://www.thundersportgb.com/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=34&Itemid=99
Our class is the Junior Powerbike class

CK:)

BluprintZ
25-06-2008, 08:21 AM
George - I'm the female half of the double act sir! (CK = Charlotte) :chuckle: CK:)

oops!...sorry`bout that Charlotte, my only defence is that i have only been a member for two months and i'm still getting to know you all.
It took a fortnight before i realised that Benson was female..i think!

take care,
G.

neilbaldry
29-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey CK went and saw a good days racing. tho it was a shame about the big crash, when the bloke got run over. hope he is ok!

was it one of your lot who ran away with the second race? orange/white/blue bike?

Kato
29-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Neil....that'll be my paintwork that made it that fast, yes it was clint that won the second race along with the 1st, 3rd and 4th a clean sweep for CK & AK bloody brill.........

CK & AK
29-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey CK went and saw a good days racing. tho it was a shame about the big crash, when the bloke got run over. hope he is ok!

was it one of your lot who ran away with the second race? orange/white/blue bike?

why didnt you come & say hi, you muppet! :p thought you might have sent a PM, as could have left a ticket on the gate for you as had one spare.

Kato is correct - Clint romped home in all 4 races this weekend, tho this wasnt down to just luck - he's a really good rider, who has a really good mechanic in AK - who was working on the bike late on Fri night due to the front cam sprocket deciding to be kaput - involving a 7 hour round trip for 2 of the lads in going to get one from our garage, as the 3 dealers in distance of Snett didnt have any in stock (order item only!)
Bonsey also had a good weekend too finishing in top 10 all weekend with a 5th & 4th today in class!

C:)

Gilps
29-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Well done you guys, you deserve it.

neilbaldry
29-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Clint was miles ahead in that second race!

What bikes are they? cant be 600's! left everything else for dust!

CK & AK
30-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Neil - they have never been 600's - they are both Monster 800's (tho one was a 620 last year). It was due to the track having big staights so we could draw the legs out on the bikes more - as we suffer on the smaller tracks where our long wheelsbase doesnt help us against the very nimble SV's and 400's. This was the first track that suited our bikes - but still trying to improve weight too, but cant do anything much about the wheelbase tho.

Next one is Mallory on the 27th July for a one dayer.

neilbaldry
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
they looked good in the 999 clothes!

CK & AK
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
they looked good in the 999 clothes!

doh! - back to school for one of them sir! :p

(CK on pedant mode)

One has 996 part-Kevlar track fairings on with a 999 seatpod (#39) the other does have 999 (ex-Haslam) fairings on - with a 1098 race seat pod (#36) :D

(CK off Pedant mode)

:chuckle: