PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding new clutch line and slave in?

Steve'o'M900
23-06-2008, 03:45 PM
I've just put a larger clutch slave in and braided hose, i can bleed the line in seconds, but it seems it's not bleeding down into the slave cylinder? i've only got one bleed nipple on the top of the cylinder. I've cleaned out the cylinder and squeezed all fluids out, i tried to fill the cylinder prior to bleeding but im just pumping and get nowhere (blimey am i still talking about bleeding a clutch line in??????)

anyone got some useful tips as im not getting enough pressure through the clutch lever, i've got little pressure that im not even disengaging the clutch!!! ah its doing my nut in!!!

cheers Steve

barbican
23-06-2008, 03:54 PM
have a read of this

Hope it helps

http://www.ducatisuite.com/clutch.html

nik_the_brief
23-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Try pumping clutch fluid in through the nipple and up the line into the reservoir using a syringe and a bit of plastic tubing. If there's too much air in the slave cylinder it can be a bugger to get the new fluid to draw through otherwise using the standard routine.

There's a few threads dedicated to this if you use search, it's often done for the rear brake which is a right bugger to do.

Look here for example - http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=8319&highlight=bleeding+clutch

Good luck.

Steve'o'M900
23-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Cheers Guys will read and digest!! i need her back on the road as the throttle hands getting itchy, plus Nattyboy is even rumoured to unlock the garage door and show his some sunlight!!!!!!!!!!!

slob
23-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I got a vacuum pump from Hein Gericke, not that expensive and makes bleeding hydrualics a doddle.
I'd always recommend sticking a bungee on the lever overnight and let as much air as possible rise to the top of the system before you start bleeding it.

Steve'o'M900
24-06-2008, 03:38 PM
All sorted now, the reverse bleed did the trick!!
Got the JHP 3/4 cover on, just need a Red anodised pressure plate now (anyone got one they don't need or have surplus?)

Also whilst i'm on the subject of scrounging, i've managed to lose the rubber grommet that sits in the brake lever and sits against the brake micro switch, any idea's where i can get a replacement, i've looked on the microfish and can't find it on there, it shows all the other parts of the assembly but not the bit i need?? ANY IDEA'S???????

cheers Steve