PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Interlude

Gimley
23-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Right.. just testing the water first but looks like I will be selling my 695 very soon.
This is not because I dont like it but due to the fact of a baby coming along in October.
I am trying to get finances etc sorted out before so need some cash for baby bits.

Its a year old this month done around 1k miles has the seat cut out with a gel insert, and has a Fabri type screen. Oh, and its black and Red.

It has the remaining 0% finance on it which will be paid off if someone takes an interest in the bike and proof of payment will be had.

Just wanting to know how much I should be asking?

I will be returning to Ducatiworld next year at some stage its just a case of weighing up the important things for me at the moment.
And as we have been waiting 5 years and IVF for this moment then I think it had better take top spot :)

Once I know how much I am likely to get I will post some piccies.
Also, if anyone knows anyone who is looking then by all means let them know.

Cheers
G

Gimley
23-06-2008, 02:59 PM
These ones show bad points...

Couple of other things -
The bike has been kept outside but under an Oxford Stormex cover, hence the slight rusting on the chain.
There are also a couple of boot rubber marks on the exhaust. Not sure how these got there but they are either from me fishing around for my stand (on one side obviously) when I first got the bike or when excersising my ankle/legs when riding.
There are a couple of small marks on the tank from clothing.

The bike has not been dropped
All 3 keys are there plus docs
I do have the side panels, but think it looks better without..

As mentioned before there is still finance on the bike (why not when it is 0%) which will be paid off prior to any money changing hands.

Hope that is all, any questions just ask.

Not sure how much it is worth so open to offers or anyone else giving me an idea of what these go for privately.

Cheers
G

Gimley
24-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Right..
Having had a PM from Lucas, (thanks) and having looked around at others for sale I am putting my 695 up for £3800 or thereabouts. Im open to sensible offers, even on the bike :)

The tax is due at the end of the month but I will be putting 6 months on it.

If anyone wants to have a look just pm me and I will send contact details etc.

Cheers
G

Lucati
24-06-2008, 01:31 PM
and if anyone wants to buy a matching set - his 'n' hers 695's then let me know!

Gimley
25-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Ok. Not much response from here so does anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to Advertise my bike?

Was thinking of fleabay, bike trader etc.

Any opinions or suggestions greatly received :0

G

Gimley
25-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Right, I know its hard to think straight with all the moaning then counter moaning then counter counter moaning, then flag waving love my country stuff going on, but,

on a more serious note, well for me anyway, can someone suggest the best place to sell my bike.

Ive not had the experience of selling one on another site before so would like some suggestions or comments on places to stay away from.

yours Hopefully

G

damon
25-06-2008, 06:42 PM
only thing i can recommend is the usual suspect bud,
try mcn,
autotrader,
here (obviously different people log on at different times so always worth placing a 'for sale' post)
erm flea bay if you fancy it and thats pretty much all i can think of!

NewMon
25-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I sold my last bike on eBay. I got the reserve price for it. I had tried MCN but got no response. My advice is to take some good pics, big it up on the text and try eBay. Set a reserve you'll be happy with and see what happens. If it fails to sell, you can always try Autotrader.

Another thing. On the eBay sale, I insisted on cash on collection. At least when they arrive you have already sold it.

LoughtonLion
25-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I've sold two bikes on ebay this year using their 28 day sale Classified Ad for £12.99, although the dealer I bought the Monster through told me he always uses Buy It Now listings. I sold both the bikes quickly enough though.

I think I read that MCN are doing a £9.99 deal for a week in the newspaper and 4 weeks on their web site.

Gimley
25-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys..
Probably gonna try ebay then first. See how that goes..

But will probably keep bumping my For sale thread so my appologies now :)

G

singletrack
26-06-2008, 07:27 AM
When buying a bike or car I always look at autotrader- it's easier to see how far they are from you, but you can get decent pictures too.

Bodybag
26-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Congratulations!!