PDA

View Full Version : Essex Bike Safe

LouSCannon
22-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Just got back from a great day (Despite missing the GP) spent with Essex Police.

When I passed my DAS i was eager to carry on training, my instructor at the time urged me to do the Police Bike Safe simply as it's a cheap start.

Awesome day, we had the weather for it, and covered almost 200 miles. Two riders with one Police instructor.

Learnt so much, and my riding style has changed drastically already!

Had a bit of a shaky start, as I've just done a number plate change on the back, and although they weren't bothered about the size (7 x 4.5) the 'Ride it like you stole it' lettering, and the integrated indicator (Which I find out is in fact illegal) didn't do me any favours!

Cracking run out, with the instructor recommending I go straight on to my IAM once today's tips have sunk in (So I'll be following in JP's footsteps hopefully)!

Highly advise it to anyone, not sure about how other regions compare. Had a great lunch up in Burnham too (Part of the price).

LoughtonLion
24-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I did the Bikesafe at the Ace cafe a few years ago. A great day out and game me the incentive to go on and join the IAM and take (and pass) the test after the course. I really can't recommend the IAM training course highly enough. Fantastic value for money, all the delegates and most of the trainers or observors are regular bikers, just like you and me. A few beardy BMW & Pan riders, but not too many. It really improved my riding and confidence. We go out on regular rides outs and we've got exclusive use of a track in France in August. PM me if you want more info, but my group is probably a bit far away from you. Steve

mad_turnips
24-06-2008, 02:28 PM
lol the words Essex and bike safe never thought id see that ;)

but advanced riding is a good thing been doing a cource with Rospa smart which has been good