PDA

View Full Version : GB out of the EU

retskcid
19-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Following the Lisbon Treaty thread I thought I'd start another very close to my own beliefs. I am amazed there are only 65 votes!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/GB-OUT-OF-THE-EU/?signed=cbf8ce4.442cee#detail

Do you believe the EU gives us value for money? Do we really benefit from it? Would we be any worse off not being in it? I believe not.
Will it ever happen? probably not.

LouSCannon
19-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I think it's only got 65 votes as it's so poorly written.

retskcid
19-06-2008, 12:59 PM
You could be right, I was thinking of doing my own petition but came across that one - not quite what I had in mind.

JMo
19-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I think it's only got 65 votes as it's so poorly written.

Quite possibly... or have people finally realised that the Government are not likely to take the slightest bit of notice of some e-petition... hell they don't even do what we want when we (used to*) march on Parliament square...

*before that became 'illegal' too...

As far as I can tell, not one e-petition has ever resulted in the Government changing their policy (let alone reversing a decision) - all it does it put your name on another database...

xxx

neilbaldry
19-06-2008, 05:43 PM
the govt. obviously do not believe we know whats best for ourselves as they didnt even hold a referendum.

we are the dumping ground for europe for illegal immigrants, the french laugh at us when it comes to those farmer subsidies, and gordy has his tongue so far up everyones arse, im surprised he regconises any of the other PM's by their faces.

I want out of Europe. - we will be forced to taken on the Euro and ditch the pound next because of this ****ty treaty! - its only a rebadged euro constitution after all, and that was **** too!

gremlin
19-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Considering the Treaty has been nodded through there's pretty much no hope of it not happening. Yet again the government has treated the people of this country with utter contempt. Pity the French don't have a riot, they usually get more done, they at least are allowed to protest. I don't know what would happen if the Conservatives got in next election and decided to opt out. The amount we spend providing the Euro fat cats with their perks would probably mean we'd save enough to cut taxes and put more into the health service and other essential services that need it.

Nonnie
19-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Armchair politicians get yourselves down to Lahndan and start a riot!

retskcid
19-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Why is that we have gotten to this though? Where our own "elected" govt do what they hell they want whether we want it or not?

It makes me so frustrated and angry thinking about it, but is life too short to worry about it? I just dont know.

It has made me think f*ck it to things like riding in bus lanes, I mean if that twat red Ken wants to waste tax payers money running pilot schemes and having reports written only to have them quoted the way he wants because the reports dont say what he wants. Feck 'em I'll ride in a bus lane anyway.

Maybe your right, the petitions probably do not get anything done.

rossdean
19-06-2008, 06:52 PM
...Do you believe the EU gives us value for money? Do we really benefit from it? Would we be any worse off not being in it? I believe not.
Will it ever happen? probably not.

The common currency is useful (or would you rather bring back the groat instead of that new fangled pound?) and the EU has the potential to avoid another European war. The latter gets my vote. As for the corruption and waste, what's new? Do you think that governments exist to serve the people? So long as the pretence that is democracy keeps them civil, who cares which set of power-hungry idiots pretends to govern us for our own good?

gremlin
19-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Every European war so far we've wupped their asses, which is probably why they've tied us up in so much red tape we can't do sod all! Does make you wonder why we bothered with two world wars though, they've won.

dlloyduk
19-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Don't start me off on the subject of these tossers. I would not p**s on one of those thieves if they where smoldering in the gutter.
They fiddle millions in the name of expenses etc. then merely s****** in the face's of people whose pockets it comes from. Then have the nerve to pour criticise every other country over the way they run things.

Please tell me when will Iraq, China, Borneo etc. come to rescue us? Wish they would make it quick.

Didge
19-06-2008, 09:37 PM
So long as the pretence that is democracy keeps them civil, who cares which set of power-hungry idiots pretends to govern us for our own good?

Well, I care.
I care because more and more of my rights are being eroded.
I care because more of my money is disappearing in taxes.
I care because my country is being changed by underhand means.
I care because laws are passed that stifle debate.
I care because politicians from Nu-Liebour and Cons, do not take heed of us, the people.
I care because most politicians from the 3 main parties are liars and traitors.
I care because political correctness, a form of cultural Marxism, has been, and is being used to control what we say and do.
I care, because I'm old enough to have seen these changes slowly creeping in over the decades, and I for one, do not like it one bit.

neilbaldry
19-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Didge, im with you there. I two, do not like it one bit. The last ten years have really changed the face of Britain much for the worse.

If I could go and live in an English speaking country, who ride on the left, and is sunny 80% of the time........ Well, I think I would be dead, as that sounds like heaven!

If only I was an ethnic single mum with a bad back, then I would be minted!

rossdean
19-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Every European war so far we've wupped their asses, which is probably why they've tied us up in so much red tape we can't do sod all! Does make you wonder why we bothered with two world wars though, they've won.

A bit earlier this year I stopped the bike at a lonely little WW1 British cemetery in Northern France. I faced the rows of graves and tried to think of something to say to those men (and boys). What came out was certainly not any kind of thanks for their "sacrifice" - they were just murdered in the name of power. I was able to say that there was a chance, just a chance, that there wouldn't be a European war this century because we have discovered that taking each other's money is easier and more profitable than taking each other's countries. I hope that all my boys ever have to suffer is the erosion of "rights", taxes, red tape and the language spoken at the corner shop.

Here's to life, freedom of movement, open borders and politicians who are merely corrupt!

neilbaldry
20-06-2008, 09:31 AM
To be honest, I dont think you will ever see the pride and love of your country that the soldiers of the 1st and 2nd World Wars had. We are too multicultural and with the advent of the internet, alot more aware. Plus I think we have gone soft over time.

jerry
20-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Burn the EEC and hang the bureaucrats along with all the politicians and their big corporate bosses.

retskcid
20-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Well, I care.
I care because more and more of my rights are being eroded.
I care because more of my money is disappearing in taxes.
I care because my country is being changed by underhand means.
I care because laws are passed that stifle debate.
I care because politicians from Nu-Liebour and Cons, do not take heed of us, the people.
I care because most politicians from the 3 main parties are liars and traitors.
I care because political correctness, a form of cultural Marxism, has been, and is being used to control what we say and do.
I care, because I'm old enough to have seen these changes slowly creeping in over the decades, and I for one, do not like it one bit.

I could not agree more.

ashadam
20-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Damn the thread is great but me makes so angry just nothing I can say at the moment, thank god for the Irish. This once great country has been reduced to nothing with all these dodgy politicians paying there nannies wage's with taxpayers money, second homes, paying rent on second homes they already own (is that not fraud).

banditloon
24-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Fine I would like to see the UK out of the EU, but (always a but), I was talking to my little Italian friend and as she said, after one of my rants about the EU, what about her, she works in the UK, but is an Italian citizen, pays taxes in the UK & Italy, likes living in London and then what would happen if the Government said "bye bye EU".?

retskcid
25-06-2008, 11:24 AM
There were foreign workers in the UK before the EU, the EU just opened the flood gates.

I am not surprised that Stuart Wheeler lost his case - we need more like him.

neilbaldry
25-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Armchair politicians get yourselves down to Lahndan and start a riot!

My hands are tied. I would be in BIG trouble if I got caught protesting or rioting!!

mad_turnips
25-06-2008, 11:31 AM
is a coup not an option then neil im sure you have enough mate with enough toys to get somwhere ;)

neilbaldry
25-06-2008, 11:43 AM
The problem is, Turnips, is I am bottom of the pile. You would need supporters from all levels of the military for a coup. And someone from the top to lead it. I mean look at Mugabe, he wouldnt sound as powerful if he were Private Mugabe, and not General Mugabe!

But then, you are talking about treason. That dont get treated lightly!

mad_turnips
25-06-2008, 11:46 AM
how does treason work? i was under the impression it was only against the crown not the govenment