PDA

View Full Version : £2.00 per Litre

ashadam
16-06-2008, 05:54 PM
What the hell is wrong with some drivers I can not believe anybody would pay this, I hope people stop using this station when back to normal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7456458.stm

neilbaldry
16-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Did you read the whole article?

If i was in his shoes i would do the same.

if people are willing to pay, then hell, why not?! thats why he is in business!

sadbiker
16-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Supply & Demand and lets rip people off springs to mind.

Lets hope he p****d off his customers and they go elsewhere to make a point.

BluprintZ
16-06-2008, 06:52 PM
After the article was shown on the evening news, they said he has now put it back down to £1.35. per litre, or thereabouts.

Nickj
16-06-2008, 07:20 PM
People that paid got a £24 discount on MOT's so depends how much you bought as to how bad a deal it was and where you live.
LOL We just swapped out a car for something a bit more fuel efficient, errrr a 2.2 litre intercooled turbo SAAB is an incremental green step up from a 4 litre jeep.

hhmunro
16-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I was in Fort Lauderdale for Hurricane Wilma, on a boat, actually, it was quite lively for a while.Afterwards there was no power or fuel and everything was shut. People with fuel, food, or generators were tripling the price of everything, but when it was all over the Government set up a helpline so you could report incidents and they would prosecute any who profitted by it...

ashadam
16-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I was in Fort Lauderdale for Hurricane Wilma, on a boat, actually, it was quite lively for a while.Afterwards there was no power or fuel and everything was shut. People with fuel, food, or generators were tripling the price of everything, but when it was all over the Government set up a helpline so you could report incidents and they would prosecute any who profitted by it...

I dont think it will ever happen here which ever government we have.

ladybird
17-06-2008, 12:07 AM
After the article was shown on the evening news, they said he has now put it back down to £1.35. per litre, or thereabouts.

that's still 17p a litre higher than worst case round here

dam
17-06-2008, 01:52 AM
What the hell is wrong with some drivers I can not believe anybody would pay this, I hope people stop using this station when back to normal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7456458.stm

Its called Profiteering, and is just ripping the ****.

nambduke
17-06-2008, 11:38 AM
.......I'm a working guy who needs a car just to get to work, never mind taking day trips and enjoying myself!!

I fill up every week - 70+ltrs/week - over £80. My wife's car takes less fuel each week because her journey is shorter, but still spends £20/30.

The Monster uses very little (cos I can't find time to ride it cos I'm at work), but drops to about 35-40mpg usually when caning it!!

The point of my rant........we pay through the nose for fuel. The oil companies are now pushing up the prices so they can open the less profitable fields is Whersitsbackistan or somewhere remote. Every rig you see in the North Sea pays for itself in the first weeks of full production! The government have squandered this country's reserves instead of putting money into alternative solutions. Most oil operations were profitable at $35/barrel....so b0IIocks to them all I say.....power to the people, bring on the revolution!!!!

Mark 'Hating the UK at the minute' Nambduke

jerry
18-06-2008, 03:08 PM
give up going to work as it costs too much ...if millions of people did that the governments would do something.

retskcid
18-06-2008, 06:14 PM
.......I'm a working guy who needs a car just to get to work, never mind taking day trips and enjoying myself!!

I fill up every week - 70+ltrs/week - over £80. My wife's car takes less fuel each week because her journey is shorter, but still spends £20/30.

The Monster uses very little (cos I can't find time to ride it cos I'm at work), but drops to about 35-40mpg usually when caning it!!

The point of my rant........we pay through the nose for fuel. The oil companies are now pushing up the prices so they can open the less profitable fields is Whersitsbackistan or somewhere remote. Every rig you see in the North Sea pays for itself in the first weeks of full production! The government have squandered this country's reserves instead of putting money into alternative solutions. Most oil operations were profitable at $35/barrel....so b0IIocks to them all I say.....power to the people, bring on the revolution!!!!

Mark 'Hating the UK at the minute' Nambduke

I agree with you but its not just the UK, its everywhere. The States have seen huge increases in fuel prices. The oil companies, (feckin) traders, governments, etc are all making money (and mugs) out of us. We have to use fuel so we have no choice but to pay the price. We're headed for bad times....