PDA

View Full Version : MAG Farmyard Rally

madhatter
16-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Well I'm off (weather permitting this year) to North Yorkshire on the Monnie for the annual MAG Farmyard Rally this weekend, this used to be a spectacular rally when it was held in the valley on the old site, but since the major flood a couple of years back is held on not quite so wonderful a venue.

Still it's always a great rally......anyone from the North planning to go to this?

I'll be rumbling back darn sarf on Sunday to go to the MotoGP, so it's a good job petrol isn't expensive because it's going to be well over a 500 mile round trip for me this weekend.

madhatter
19-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Got tomorrow booked off, weather unpredictable, but can't be as bad as the floods last year. Plan to pack up tonight then leave after brekkie tomorrow.

Anyone else going to be there?

slob
19-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Now the original Farmyard Party run by East Yorks MAG, at a farm at Foxholes was spectacular, especially the 1/2 ride down (often flooded) dirt track to get to the camsite in the valley below. Sadly it outgrew the original site.

sprintbint
19-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Giving this one a miss this year, as we're off to the 3B's next week instead.

madhatter
23-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Now the original Farmyard Party run by East Yorks MAG, at a farm at Foxholes was spectacular, especially the 1/2 ride down (often flooded) dirt track to get to the camsite in the valley below. Sadly it outgrew the original site.

The next Site was good also, but after the valley flooded they moved it again onto the "Country Estate" it's a little like camping at Longleat or Woburn Abbey now. Had a fantastic time, even considering I did the 200+ miles back, in pouring rain, at a steady 90mph, in an open face crash helmet. People in cars must have thought I was hard as nails, when in fact I was that frozen and the initial stabbing rain drop pain, had resulted in facial paralysis! Full face helmet next time, despite the weather forecasts for bright and sunny.

Giving this one a miss this year, as we're off to the 3B's next week instead.

Also an excelent rally, however you missed a good Friday night with "Shamus O'Blivion & The Mega-death Morris Men"!