PDA

View Full Version : So...fuel panic buying then?

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Is anybody really panic buying? Has anybody actually stocked up? Or put £5 in because they passed a station?

Have to say I haven't taken much notice but I will need some tomorrow. Have I missed the boat and I'll have to go out in the dead of night and syphon some?

Mand
15-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Nope, not me, if I don't have any fuel, I can't go to work.

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 09:10 PM
I was thinking along those lines myself but then remembered I don' get paid so that's not on at all.

Snips
15-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm panic buying, I like to feel part of something.

Mand
Well if I don't get paid, nobody else will.

I can't believe it is Monday tomorrow.......
sh!te.

Grumpy Mand x

Nonnie
Awwwwwwww. Bless you Cupcake. And Mand. Still we have Tuesday cake emails to look forward to.

Scotty
15-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I can last till Wednesday then I'm in a panic and either in't car on't bus or on't push bike, I think push bike is the lesser Evil ~:? (it's only 12 miles)

Mand
15-06-2008, 09:20 PM
And Mand. Still we have Tuesday cake emails to look forward to.

Thank heavens for that. It's helping me to keep my sanity.....Just!

NattyBoy
15-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Just got back from florida...its all kicking off over there on the front pages of the papers because petrol is approaching $4 a gallon (£2)....! They wann try living over here for a bit - it cant go on surely ?

Jules
15-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Last week I did over 1000 miles and every where had fuel and no real panic buying anywhere! So thats from Bury St Edmunds to Bideford in Devons all ok!!!
Shame i dont get airmiles or nectar points.
Perhaps we could start a new points sytem for cake points!!!!

Mand
15-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Last week I did over 1000 miles and every where had fuel and no real panic buying anywhere! So thats from Bury St Edmunds to Bideford in Devons all ok!!!
Shame i dont get airmiles or nectar points.
Perhaps we could start a new points sytem for cake points!!!!

Hey! You! Congrats by the way on the jobbie thing.

If we got points for eating cake, I would have loads, I mean loads... !

Jules
15-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Thank you, Im the only female Area Sales Manager in the Company & now I have a good team look out....the world is not enough.

Mand
15-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank you, Im the only female Area Sales Manager in the Company & now I have a good team look out....the world is not enough.

More like the world is your oyster!

Nickj
15-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Nope, not me, if I don't have any fuel, I can't go to work.

I'm liking that idea lots Mand

benson
15-06-2008, 10:04 PM
The world is your cake Jules - not your oyster - cake is better - no competition and hurrah for you in your role - well done indeed.....

meanwhile there was no diesel in Kent at three stations yesterday on the way to Dover from Tonbridge - so filling the car was quite a challenge in places but the petrol situation here is east London is fine - filled the Hyper twice today and hoping that in the morning it will be the same - would be lovely not to have to go to work but sadly I'm off on the train on Wednesday to Birmingham until Friday...

Here's to the Tuesday name club, interesting personalized smilies and a summer worth waiting for...

jerry
16-06-2008, 06:23 AM
If I was in UK this week I would panic buy just to upset Gordon Brown a bit more.

CK & AK
16-06-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm panic buying, I like to feel part of something.

me too Snips :D
However, the bike is now on half full (or half empty) - but the car is full - no probs at local Sainsbury's at all, the van is still full of diesel (we fill up on the way back from a race meeting) and the race fuel cans are full as we'll want that shortly too...

C, trying in vain to accelerate panic buying... tho its not succeeding round here

ps: our 2 x local shell ran out of diesel mid last week tho, but as its not far to many other petrol stations who had plenty of stocks, who cares? :D

COR
16-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Travel news on our local BBC Radio Bristol this morning reporting lots of stations out of either diesel or petrol or both. I haven't bothered. I've adopted the same attitude as Mand. I have half a tank at the mo.

Guess it hasn't helped that it was father's day yesterday so lots of people out and about visiting on the weekend and needing fuel anyhow.

Sooo, how many of you elected to waste some more this weekend as the sun was out?!

sadbiker
16-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Car had to be filled up yesterday, but does having less than 1/4 of a tank left in petrol count as panic buying or simply it saves me having to fill up during the week ?

Duncan
17-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Bristol

Friday - big queues, sailed past station on basis there would be loads of fuel.

Saturday - no fuel at Shell, Esso, Sainsbury or Morrison

Sunday - Still no fuel, cant risk going north on Monday without the fuel to get back

Monday - Off work, did paperwork, went out about 2.30pm Sainsbury had small delivery, filled car and watched last of fuel sell out

Tuesday, went North, some fuel, very little diesel about. Filled up on way home.

In short, its been bad round here with all the old biddies who fill up 4 times a year using up stocks for no reason. Its bad for those of us who rely on fuel to work. Looks like the same again next weekend.

Nonnie
17-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Ooooh first bad story!

I think if that happened here, I could resort to the filling up with heating oil plan B that I have.

Snips
17-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Strike's over.

Suggestions as to what I can panic about next would be much appreciated.

COR
17-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Strike's over.

Strike over for now. Any word on whether or not they are starting again on Friday?

Reports on my way home tonight is that pumps are still empty as not had deliveries yet.

Anyone notice the amount of fuel spills on bends and roundabouts? STUPID OVER FILLING !!!!!!!!!! Be careful guys and gals.

Nonnie
18-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Strike's over.

I would suggest global warming but to be honest, it'll just turn in one of those really awful threads where people get upset and stuff so how about you panic about whether Mand has got access to enough cake!

Snips
18-06-2008, 06:56 AM
ah! Cake, a treat close to my own heart.

So Mand, do you have enough? Do you? I'm down to my last bag of flour, and have only got 6 eggs. Maybe the stores are empty because deliveries haven't got through? Maybe everyone has run low on cake ingredients and there will be a run on cake today? Maybe we should pre-empt that rush and rush to the stores now and stock up on all sorts of cake and cake ingredients? It's a bit quiet on the forum this morning, where is everyone? Geez! I bet they've thought ahead of me and are at the shops already, buying up cake that's rightfully Mand's.

Mand! Tell us you have enough cake to survive until we can reach you!

Mand
18-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Hello, I am here and I have enough cake and cake ingredients to last me, maybe until the end of the day. I do play dirty though when it comes to my cake addiction so I'll never be without, in one form or another..... ;)

Thank you Mr. Snips for your kind words.

banditloon
18-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Bristol

Friday - big queues, sailed past station on basis there would be loads of fuel.

Saturday - no fuel at Shell, Esso, Sainsbury or Morrison

Sunday - Still no fuel, cant risk going north on Monday without the fuel to get back

Monday - Off work, did paperwork, went out about 2.30pm Sainsbury had small delivery, filled car and watched last of fuel sell out

Tuesday, went North, some fuel, very little diesel about. Filled up on way home.

Gibraltar... The little bit of the Commonwealth we still have, had run out of fuel last week. Four of our trailers stuck in Gibraltar, the Spanish hauliers had blockaded the border from Monday - Thursday. Lovely! No work for me last week due to this!

As for panic buying, the local Shell in Molesey had nearly run out of unleaded and diesel up to Sunday (the last day I put fuel in any of the Italian toys), but seeing as I try to keep the car with half a tank on most weeks, it's not a problem. I'll just pop down to the Esso....

Also, someone has stolen the Esso near Walton Bridge, not very helpful! Oh well, this weekends strike action is postponed, and I'm dealing with 8 trailers for Gibraltar...

No time to play PSP this week then :( I might actually have to do some work!!

banditloon
18-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Strike's over.

Ducati spares... Remember they close in August! If we all panic buy now, they'll be enough for everyone on Ebay! ;)