PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp not working (not Monster)

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 06:31 PM
I am seeking the veritable collective knowledge of other bikes on behalf of my neighbour who has a Ninja, yeah, I know, poor show.

He and Woddy took away the standard exhaust and fitted a new shiny Two Brothers one complete with new tail tidy and new teenycators. When all was put back together again, the headlight won't come on and it should automatically. Everything else works and the headlight electrics weren't touched. So, what could it be? What are we missing? Any ideas?

Bunny
15-06-2008, 06:42 PM
You probably blew a fuse changing the indicators - happens all the time, esp if the bike has an alarm

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 06:44 PM
No alarm fitted and the fuses have been checked (so I believe) I will check that again! Coz I don't listen properly all the time.

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Gosh I DID listen properly and the above information is correct!

Nickj
15-06-2008, 06:48 PM
It's broken.. probably be classed as an insurance write off, he does have cover for vandalism?

Check the obvious culprits, relays might have been knocked, wiring for sure and shorts or mismatches and bulbs just incase

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 06:51 PM
OK will walk across and give him that information, thank you.

Paranoid Dave
15-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I remember changing the bars on my Yamaha and finding the light didn't work, the bar was the earth and the new one was different metal so didn't work.
There wasn't an earth thats been disturbed in the loop by any chance was there?

slob
15-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry Nonnie, this is quite a serious fault, the only possible answer is to scrap it and buy an Italian bike.

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry Nonnie, this is quite a serious fault, the only possible answer is to scrap it and buy an Italian bike.

I did tell him that! I will now put my very serious face on and tell him this forum thinks for sure this is what he needs to do.

Interesting Dave!

They only changed the back indicators by the way if that makes any difference.

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, they fixed it, they don't know how they fixed it but it works.

Thank you to those who took the time out to think of replies.

Slobbydoggy, I did tell him, I did! His face fell when I told him it was a really serious fault.

slob
15-06-2008, 07:17 PM
At least he didn't park it behind his wife's car!

Nickj
15-06-2008, 07:19 PM
The seats probably been off Dave so a few bits of wire will have been moved. Do they site the integrated CDI management thingy at that end of the Ninja?? Might be worth checking the connections there too

I'd be forced to say (after a big tsskky suck of air through my teeth) bit touchy these jap bikes (with a knowing shake of head), don't get that with 'cati's (in a helpful informative tone).

Check earths earths and earths. If they need to check this bridge out the headlights black wire and ground it somewhere else.

Nickj
15-06-2008, 07:25 PM
While they're in such a jubilant mood have them look at wooleys post, that should stretch them a bit