PDA

View Full Version : Mirror compromise

Paranoid Dave
13-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Pudding Head has said that the mickey mouse mirrors are rubbish - like we didn't know. But the visability is good when they're not shaking like buggery.

So whats the best pair out there as a compromise between Visability and vibration? Something similar to standard - not bar end.

Nickj
13-06-2008, 11:19 PM
One of my standard mirors is always vibe free, the other isn't. Have we got an engineer or architect about who can give us a clue about damping out resonace and vibrations, big lump of blue tack in the middle of the shaft or some such idea?

Gilps
14-06-2008, 12:22 AM
The standard ones on my S2R were always vibe free and excellent visibility. I have now swapped them for something better looking but less visibility. Maybe try the later standard ones.

singletrack
14-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Gilps is right
It might be worth her trying the standard ones from a later model - the teardrop ones. mine were quite vibe free - but not quite as pretty as after market ones.

ladybird
14-06-2008, 11:20 AM
vibes and shafts :) :) fnar

one of mine is also more wabbly than the other, rhs, but that's also the hand that occasionally goes numb in the fingers.
and the mirror that gets smacked by things

jerry
14-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I am using cute Motorex mirrors, no vibes .

Paranoid Dave
14-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Are those multistarada mirrors any good, they look like vis should be good, what are the vibes like?

CK & AK
14-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Are those multistarada mirrors any good, they look like vis should be good, what are the vibes like?

AK has them on his tri-colour - says he has no probs with visibility (can confirm, having ridden it last weekend), and they only vibrate a tad - but usually only when over 120mph on the track ;)
You'd want to disconnect the wiring - or re-route the wiring from existing indicators if you wanted to use the indicator lights in them PD

gremlin
14-06-2008, 11:10 PM
how about......??

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/spankey666/mirror.jpg
the money they cost, i would be very disappointed if they vibed

Mr G

Paranoid Dave
15-06-2008, 07:29 AM
blimey, is that the speed in the mirror. Nice touch but what the hell is the point of that. If want to know the speen i look at my speedo and the faster i go the more i worry about whats in front, not behind. Now if those cunning folk came up with a mirror that told you how far behind you the object was that could be useful. :D