PDA

View Full Version : side stand mod

scrapps
13-06-2008, 02:09 PM
After my trackday at pembrey (1st try in inters) I found the ground clearance on my monster is now a problem.
The worst part is the side stand as it bottoms very early and makes me jump every time.
can this be changed for a smaller one from a Ducati sports bike. ie 748/999 ?

slob
13-06-2008, 02:40 PM
After my trackday at pembrey (1st try in inters) I found the ground clearance on my monster is now a problem.
The worst part is the side stand as it bottoms very early and makes me jump every time.
can this be changed for a smaller one from a Ducati sports bike. ie 748/999 ?

Changed mine for a 916 one off ebay (around £25), about an extra inch clearance & 180g lighter. The bike leans over a fraction more when parked. I tend to take it off completely and use the paddock stand on trackdays now.
If you have a cut-out switch it, can be bypassed with paperclip and some insulting tape although I eventually bought another connector to tidy that up too.

NattyBoy
13-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats the cheapest way - ive got acouple of 748 ones knocking about in the garage if you need one..

nat

scrapps
13-06-2008, 02:52 PM
cheers for the info slob
does it just bolt staight in ? I will keep a eye out for one
One day I will get the ss going (when pennies saved)

scrapps
13-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Thats the cheapest way - ive got acouple of 748 ones knocking about in the garage if you need one..

nat

That sound good pm me with a price....

slob
13-06-2008, 03:18 PM
If I remember correctly I used the Monster bracket and the 916 stand went staright onto it. 1/2 the ball was missing off the end of the original stand, I couldn't work out what was going on for ages... stuff was scraping on the floor round lefthanders and I couldn't find any marks on the bottom of the can.

scrapps
13-06-2008, 03:39 PM
If I remember correctly I used the Monster bracket and the 916 stand went staright onto it. 1/2 the ball was missing off the end of the original stand, I couldn't work out what was going on for ages... stuff was scraping on the floor round lefthanders and I couldn't find any marks on the bottom of the can.

yep took me a while to find what was hitting. 1/2 gone on mine.

Are you doing anymore trackdays this year ?

slob
13-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Need to fix the 620, daren't risk another bike 'til no.1 is fixed.