PDA

View Full Version : Monster rear end modification

Miles
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
hi guys,

about a year ago I saw a thread here for a really neat rear end modification to the Monster ( compatable for the S2R and S4R modelsbut I think applies to all recent monster models ) where that horrible bit of black plastic tray from underneath the back of the rear seat cowl can be replaced with a cut down version so the back of the bike ends at the rear seat cowl, with a tailtidy number plate and repositioned indicators which just finishes the whole thing off very tidy. I really want to get one. Anyone out there can give me the link please ? Thanks, Miles.

Miles
12-06-2008, 10:41 PM
How come I am now a guest ? did I miss something here ? I used to be a member.... if I need to subscribe I'm happy to do so, if someone would be kind enough to tell me how/where. And while I'm in the mood, anyone know why there was NO ducati team at the TT? I was gobsmacked..... plenty of tidy Dukes riding around tho, including a Desmo to die for !!!!

benson
12-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi Miles - I broke the forum - sorry - hope you don't get caused too much sorrow from being a guest!

Pedro
12-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Miles

email me at pedro@ukmonster.co.uk and I'll sort this. I need to delete your account and then you can re-register using the same details etc. At present we have a corrupted file in the membership database hence the guest status

Ped

scrapps
13-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi miles, no idea ref the end mod.. but just wanted to say Hi and ask how susan is.(not well last time we spoke)..
Maybe see you down the cafe soon...

Anf
13-06-2008, 10:22 AM
is this anything like what you want?

http://www.maddoctor.it/scheda_prodotto.php?id=8

if it is then ermax who do various screens stock them

hope this helps

Dave G
13-06-2008, 10:43 AM
I think he means the DP carbon short tail like the one I have on my S2R.
I had a quick look but haven't seen any around for a bit,worth asking a Ducati dealer to price one though. They crop up on ebay sometimes,usually from Germany,just keep watching.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/salsajayne/mar2008005.jpg

Miles
13-06-2008, 04:39 PM
It isn't a Ducati part, it was one that a guy had made himself, it involved a bit of cutting as I remember but the end result was no mudguard at all that was visible, the bike ended at the rear seat cowl and the number plate hung down from it. made the whole bike luck short from the side profile and nothing over the top of the wheel. what I remember of it was that it looked the absolute D's B's. I saw it here but on reflection was when I had my S2R so probably getting on for 2 years ago now. Thanks any way for the replies.

Miles
13-06-2008, 04:44 PM
thats the one, thanks Anf !!!!!

NattyBoy
13-06-2008, 04:56 PM
is this anything like what you want?

http://www.maddoctor.it/scheda_prodotto.php?id=8

if it is then ermax who do various screens stock them

hope this helps

Bloody hell - thats a bit 'star trek' !!!

spm23
13-06-2008, 09:31 PM
It looks pretty cool, I might consider replacing my short tail for something like that. Nice touch with the indicators hinged.

neilbaldry
13-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Miles, are you on about a JMo chop kit?