PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Seats

mholc123
12-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Having just ridden to Catalunya Moto GP and back (approx 1900 Miles mainly french backroads), I have come to the conclusion that the saddle on my S4r was designed for Pseudo-Masochists. Has anyone tried a Corbin Saddle, I know that they dont look as good but are they more comfortable? This was my only complaint as everything else was perfect, I could quite happily sit at 85-90mph on the Autoroutes if needed, and the twisties were superb, even with the bike fully loaded.

Albie
12-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I have one and had it on for over 3 years. Its firm but it can get uncomfortable after a few hours. I guess it depends on your build too. I am a boney ar5ed so dont know about others. My other half Caroline is well comfy on the pillion too.More so than me I think. Others may not like as Pedro does not.

mholc123
13-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Thankls for the reply Albie

Damn I thought they might be more comfortable, we rode 390 miles on the last day and the last 100 were agony, more on my inner thigh than my backside (more info than anyone possibly needs). Anyone else have any experience of these seats (or any other solution to the problem).

Blind Alan
13-06-2008, 08:54 AM
My lass has the ducati performance comfort seat on her bike, and says tis better than the standard.

Stafford
13-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I have the performance gel seat but I'm also thinking about getting a pair of Boardman gel padded cycle shorts from Halfords. Anyone tried these?

barbican
13-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Have a gel pad put in it, and get them to "shave" the sides as well.

I found the DP seat much better than standard, and good value at £130ish

giler
13-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I did 1,065 miles in 5 dys last month for the Le Mans moto gp.
I found the standard seat on mine fine.
Probably due to the clip ons putting me in a different position (less weight on the spine due to not being so upright) and having plenty of my own padding in that area!!

mholc123
13-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks Guys and Gals, perhaps the answer is to botox my skinny ar5e, but I will look at the Ducai Performance option. Also I am going to post the same question on the ducatimonster.org site and see what solutions the yanks have - I'll let you know how I get on .... Mike

STIVH
13-06-2008, 08:53 PM
On long trips I stick the cycle shorts on they are well padded and the gell is very comfortable and a lot cheaper than a seat replacement you will find that the chamois lined ones are especially hygenic and don't stain as bad when you let rip!!!

mholc123
13-06-2008, 10:18 PM
No staining is definetly good, but doesn't your arse look like Arnies or one of those black American chicks

Albie
14-06-2008, 08:04 AM
I wont be replacing my corbin as it is a good seat. I have good reports about the ducati comfort seat and it looks much smarter than original.I like my seat as its firm and is a proper saddle and not a squishy pad. If you dont want to gamble go for the ducati gel comfort seat.

alreadyinuse
14-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Comfy shame they dont look more like the originals. seargent ones comfy too but look awful bloomin americans and their lack of taste