PDA

View Full Version : Smilies

Snips
11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
There's an outage of smilies. Your admins know it, it's not their fault. Please cut them some slack.

Meanwhile, don't fret, you can type in your smilie by hand - it's real easy.

Just type in the following matching text, for the corresponding smilie. You'll need to omit the space I've added after the first character (to stop it too becoming a smilie - geddit?).

So to get a :) I type : ) but without the space between the : and the ) ok?

PM me if you have problems.

:) - : )
:( - : (
;) - ; )
:thumbsup: - : thumbsup:
:rolleyes: - : rolleyes:
:mand: - : mand:
:yoparty: - : yoparty:

...and who could forget the classic...

:ukm: - : ukm:

More smilies to follow (we're limited to 10 per post, apparently). I'm sure others will post more I haven't figured out yet.

Snips
11-06-2008, 06:43 PM
More smilies...

:cool: - : cool:
:spin: - : spin:
:dunce: - : dunce:
:Furious: - : Furious: <- interestingly, that requires a capital 'F', that makes me :Furious:

:chuckle: - : chuckle:

Nonnie
11-06-2008, 06:52 PM
You know what Snips, you're a bloody marvellous bloke. You're about 4000 miles away in "Injah" but you still post and help.

You thoroughly deserved Best Newcomer.

xx

Snips
11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
More still...

:banghead: - : banghead:
:eek: - : eek:
:woot: - : woot:
:eyepopping: - : eyepopping:
:nash: - : nash:
:drunk: - : drunk:
:confused: - : confused:
:cry: - : cry:
:corse: - : corse:

Julie
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
:julie: - : julie:

Snips
11-06-2008, 07:05 PM
You're about 4000 miles away in "Injah" but you still post and help.

Thanks /blush

I wish I could claim it was pure altruism, but I had to do something to put the 'nerd' back in 'baker nerd' and to I'm also a little tied to my hotel room now, if you get my drift ;)

Nonnie
11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
In the Delhi Belly sense?

Poor you.

(I went to Sri Lanka a few years back and stayed pretty much looking over the coconut trees. I couldn't resist the urge to open the window and shout "**** me, it's a bloody jungle out there". Look, even years later, it makes me chuckle. How pathetic. Still, you can't beat the authentic food. Well, I'm thinking you're thinking that it's a possibility.)

Drink bottled water!

singletrack
11-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks snips

don't forget one half of our joint president

:pedro: - : pedro:

benson
11-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh I so want my own smilie - I mean - how hard can it be to make a hedge???

Aha - so you are in Injah - once I had a faaaarm - oh no - that was in Afrikaaaaa

Oh Nonnie - I so loved the quote about the jungle.....

Meanwhile oh great baker/biker nerd hope you feel better soon hon - and we miss you and.... I want an iPhone (July 22nd I think)...... and I want a 696 too - in pearly girly white..... - and I want a holiday...... - sorry - I've been at work tooo long and obviously need to escape.....

Snips
12-06-2008, 04:00 AM

I need to know the story behind that association!

Meanwhile oh great baker/biker nerd hope you feel better soon hon - and we miss you

Feeling better this morning, thanks. The guy in the adjacent hotel room was having a much worse time of it, poor guy :(

I'm going to starve today, other than bottled water (thanks, Nonnie :thumbsup: ) , to make sure I get that flight home tomorrow morning. Miss you lot too, and blighty, and my bike!

and.... I want an iPhone (July 22nd I think)......

You don't have to wait that long, it's 11th July! (though it might be a little longer before you get your mits on one). And it'll even be available on pay-as-you-go and...

and I want a 696 too - in pearly girly white.....

...the iPhone will now be available in pearly girly white too, now you *have* to get both!

and I want a holiday...... - sorry - I've been at work tooo long and obviously need to escape.....

Me too, somewhere where the food is bland and not *too* dodgy, and where I can go biking... that'll be home then!

Take care y'all!

benson
12-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Glad to hear you're on the mend oh Snippy one! Bottled water is best - at least if the seal isn't broken!

The hedge story - once had a great off into one hence the name Benson (as in Benson & Hedges). however - I do have an alter ego which is Lady Retard D'Hyper whic I do believe is somewhat more classy and preferable - how about a mini Hyper smilie (Sorry - into the realms of pure fantasy now.....)

Anyway - hope that plane comes for you soon - and see you onen ight at Great Bentley or maybe at Southwold for chips ! (Bland - think bland!)

squiffything
12-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Glad to hear you're on the mend oh Snippy one! Bottled water is best - at least if the seal isn't broken!

The hedge story - once had a great off into one hence the name Benson (as in Benson & Hedges). however - I do have an alter ego which is Lady Retard D'Hyper whic I do believe is somewhat more classy and preferable - how about a mini Hyper smilie (Sorry - into the realms of pure fantasy now.....)

Anyway - hope that plane comes for you soon - and see you onen ight at Great Bentley or maybe at Southwold for chips ! (Bland - think bland!)

Could have one like this oh great presidential one

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s35/smilies-4914.png

benson
12-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh I do believe I like that Squiffy.....:)

Snips
13-06-2008, 06:09 PM
The hedge story...

Ahh! Like it, thanks for letting me in on that :)

Anyway, I'm back in Blighty now, and well thanks.

Nice work with the avatar Squiffy! :thumbsup:

Look forward to those chips sometime soon Benson! Do they do curry sauce in Southwold? :)

benson
13-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Glad you are returned safely to these shores - hurrah for bland food and safe water...

Southwold doth call - or perhaps Aldeburgh - but I doubt they allow gravy or curry sauce sadly Nige!!!

See you soon I hope too!!

Happy recovering

xxx

Snips
15-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Not too hard... (this is meant to be benson passing through a hedge, use a little imagination, please!)

http://www.nigelstreet.com/benson.gif

I also had a go for Nonnie... (based on an original idea by dunlop0-1, I believe)

http://www.nigelstreet.com/termignonnie.gif

Hope you like them!

We'd need one of the admins to add them to the site smilie set before you can use them via :benson: and :nonnie:

Nonnie
15-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Thank you Cupcake!

benson
15-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh SNips I am forever indebted - as an admin I know I should be able to do this adding to the site but I haven't got a clue how to!!!

Probably best I don't try :)

See you all soon I hope - found some lovely roads this afternoon round the back of Essex and Suffolk and I do believe Hertfordshire too - with some rather tasty looking little pubs to beet - and the Angel at Stoke By Nayland ought to be open after their refurb too.....

Here's hoping for a dry and sunny weekend next weekend....