PDA

View Full Version : 696 on a paddock stand

Snips
06-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I have a pit-bull paddock stand that I used for my 620, and now my 696.

The 620 swing-arm was a straight bar of rectangular cross-section.

The 696 is a much more complex shape, tapering out both upwards and towards the engine.

This makes aligning the stand guides on the swing-arm much more critical (as you rotate the stand, the guides may come into contact with the swing-arm where that wouldn't have been a problem on a 620).

I've had the stand guides rub against the swing-arm, and leave marks from their plastic covers that easily rubbed out - phew!

Anyway, some guy on the US board has just had a similar experience, but knocked paint off the swing arm (it looks powder coated to me).

Anyway, if you use a paddock stand with your 696 - be careful!

CK & AK
06-06-2008, 08:13 PM
am sticking bobbins on mine, so we can use the race stands.... ;)

C:)

PeterPoddy
17-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm a bit thick, so can you please tell me how to fit bobbins to a 696? I can't see where/how they would fit because I thought you needed threaded inserts to screw them into?

Kato
17-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Correct......take one drill make a hole, tap thread into said hole job finished

Bodybag
17-06-2008, 10:10 AM
You can buy bobbins that go through the rear wheel spindle on a long bolt. This would alleviate the need to drill holes in your shiny new bike.

PeterPoddy
17-06-2008, 11:01 AM
You can buy bobbins that go through the rear wheel spindle on a long bolt. This would alleviate the need to drill holes in your shiny new bike.

That sounds like a better fix to me.....
:)

Are they easily available?

Josh
17-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm going to sound a bit thick as well; is one pit stand pretty much like any other. The prices seem to vary enormously and never having had one before didn't know whether to choose on price or other factors.

Josh

tasminracer
18-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm going to sound a bit thick as well; is one pit stand pretty much like any other. The prices seem to vary enormously and never having had one before didn't know whether to choose on price or other factors.

Josh

can I ask the same question? popping into the local bike shop they do them for a bout 40 quid.. popping in to the ducati place today, one they recommend for the 695 is almost 90 quid, although it does have the words Ducati on it <LOL>

Snips
18-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I bought mine in the States.

It's 'Pit Bull' brand, and wasn't cheap - equivalent to around 75 quid, though dollars conversion may be misleading.

AFAIK, it's adaptable to dual-sided swing-arm or bobbin support. I believe a different model is required for single-sided swing-arm bikes.

It's a hefty bit of kit, high quality and a pleasure to use.

desmo
19-06-2008, 10:36 PM
For those of you who have a abba stand, it looks like the S2R / S4R adaptors will fit the 696

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r297/desmo-s2r/superbikestand.jpg

PeterPoddy
20-06-2008, 09:14 AM
For those of you who have a abba stand, it looks like the S2R / S4R adaptors will fit the 696

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r297/desmo-s2r/superbikestand.jpg

Great! I've got an Abba stand. We have some adaptors to fit a 695, are they the same? The chap said they were just "for all Monsters".......?
:)