PDA

View Full Version : This weekend !!

halina_r
06-06-2008, 09:51 AM
sun sun sun sun by the looks of it! woo hoo!!!!

anyone got any nice plans - i should be out and about around swindon if anyone is about?

need to get lots of practice in before the big day!!

bad-yeti
06-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Saturday, Riding bike :D

Saturday Night, Fitting new bits to bike :D

Sunday, Riding bike :D

Sunday Evening, Getting merry with friends :)

bertieflea
06-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Saturday - DIY NOT! Out on bike
Sunday - Golfing

sadbiker
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Picking Cor up from Bristol when she drops her bike off for its service. Then chilling out after a week in France........ Oh its great to be back in the UK...... At least we brought some wine back.

halina_r
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Picking Cor up from Bristol when she drops her bike off for its service. Then chilling out after a week in France........ Oh its great to be back in the UK...... At least we brought some wine back.

excellent - did you have a nice time?

squiffything
06-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Saturday - Taking Sarah's Ex-hubbie to collect his new bike a GSX1400FE (I know, you have no idea how hard I have tried to get him to buy a Ducati) It's the bike he has dreamed of owning since they were first released.
Sunday - Heading over to Bury St Edmunds via some lovely little twisty roads for the Bury Bike Show with (hopefully ) a few like minded Monsterers who turn up in Newmarket Sunday morning

sadbiker
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
excellent - did you have a nice time?

Beautiful region, some nice authentic French towns with great old buildings. Even went to see Millau Bridge, very impressive, got some fairly ok camera shots. Great Food, Great Wine and Great company.

Snips
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Saturday - Milton Keynes IKEA, I've been told
Sunday - Bury St Edmunds Bike Show :)
Monday - Off to India on business

neilbaldry
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM

Delhi-belly here we come!!

well, Moto-GP is on again this wknd, so a mixture of riding bike and watching bikes!

Squiffy, is there gonna be a big screen telly for watching the GP at the Bury show?

Snips
06-06-2008, 12:12 PM

I've just about got away with it on previous couple of trips, but it's always a concern :(

Curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner is always a challenge too.

I'll take some video of the traffic while I'm there for you guys. It's cRaZy.

Oh yes, MotoGP this weekend too :thumbsup:

Also looking forward to iPhone/Apple announcements, and new Coldplay album next week - but I digress...

markus
06-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Pick up the new bike tomorrow, spend the rest of saturday with beer and a spanner on said bike, refit the rear sets to the monster, drink some more - and go listen me some jazz at my fav bar, moto gp on sunday and I think i'll have my sister and some friends over and cook them a roast lunch.

It's definatly a woo hoo!

Mr Baldry........I'm working over your way soon - I'll come over on the bike and shout ya about it.

Halina, Squiffy, sadbiker, Snips, NB, BY, in fact everyone have a fantastic weekend - I'm gonna make the most of mine :)

singletrack
06-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Saturday morning - slow riding course with IAM :chuckle:

Saturday afternoon - prom dress shopping with my youngest daughter (oh no!)

Sunday - trip to Ipswich to visit mother-in-law. It's a shame I won't be able to fit in Bury bike show, but I won't have time.

squiffything
06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Markus Forget about Sunday lunch with your Sister get on one of the bikes, head on over to Newmarket and join us for the ride-in and the Show. It would be good to meet up with you.

Mand
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Saturday afternoon - prom dress shopping with my youngest daughter (oh no!)

Yes, I had that particular treat yesterday with my daughter - second dress she tried on, result! My boy's prom is the same evening and cuts a fine jib in a suit I must say!

Next week, we will be mainly shopping for shoes. <sigh>

This weekend, I will be mostly going up north on the Monster - can't wait. There may be a possible trip to North Wales too.

Halina - hope you manage to get plenty of practice, relax and enjoy.

retskcid
06-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Sat am - take my son to footie
Sat pm - village fete!
Sun am/pm - cut up old shed (not my monster) and take to dump!

i must be doing something wrong!

Pedro
06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Friday - fixing wireless network I installed wrongly at Jules house
Saturday - odds and sods, haircut etc
Sunday - BIKE!

squiffything
06-06-2008, 03:45 PM

well, Moto-GP is on again this wknd, so a mixture of riding bike and watching bikes!

Squiffy, is there gonna be a big screen telly for watching the GP at the Bury show?

Had a word with the Green King Rep organising it all and whilst they are not providing a big screen one or two of the Dealers are having large TV screens set up to have it playing so opportunities to watch are there

neilbaldry
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Had a word with the Green King Rep organising it all and whilst they are not providing a big screen one or two of the Dealers are having large TV screens set up to have it playing so opportunities to watch are there

Mint!! just gotta hope the weather holds off!

giler
06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
sun sun sun sun by the looks of it! woo hoo!!!!

anyone got any nice plans - i should be out and about around swindon if anyone is about?

need to get lots of practice in before the big day!!

Might go for a spin on Sunday - probably with kids on the back (one on the back of me, one of the back of the wife (SV650).
So it'll be a steady one.
Then Lysley Arms Chippenham Monday night.

halina_r
06-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Might go for a spin on Sunday - probably with kids on the back (one on the back of me, one of the back of the wife (SV650).
So it'll be a steady one.
Then Lysley Arms Chippenham Monday night.

ok - will give u a nod if i see u both!

giler
06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
ok - will give u a nod if i see u both!

Welcome to come over to Lysley on Monday night.

gary tompkins
06-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Sat am - take my son to footie
Sat pm - village fete!
Sun am/pm - cut up old shed (not my monster) and take to dump!

i must be doing something wrong!

Do yourself a favour and put the shed on hold ;)

It'll be good to see you at the Oakdene cafe for the Kent meet Sunday

May even be the option for a bimble somewhere?

halina_r
06-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome to come over to Lysley on Monday night.

might just do that - might even drag my friend out on his aprilla rsv...
what time u pair likely to be there?

giler
06-06-2008, 09:13 PM
might just do that - might even drag my friend out on his aprilla rsv...
what time u pair likely to be there?

Probably me and a couple of mates Monday, I'll be there at about 7.

ladybird
07-06-2008, 11:56 AM
all plans are off, unexpected incoming inlaws, so shortly i will be maniacally cleaning and tidying and washing my hair
f1 watching tomorrow afternoon, maybe the Ripley thing in the morning

halina_r
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Probably me and a couple of mates Monday, I'll be there at about 7.

okee dokee - will try and find & stop by if i am out and about

retskcid
07-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Do yourself a favour and put the shed on hold ;)

It'll be good to see you at the Oakdene cafe for the Kent meet Sunday

May even be the option for a bimble somewhere?

Lol, nice try - its going to be a great day for riding too. In the event I actually got the shed/garden pretty much done today (footie was cancelled). I'm going down to Bexhill in the morning (very early) to see a Daytona (a neighbour wants to buy it) so I can't do the cafe. The rest of the day will be spent with the family - the joy of having very young kids (I love every minute)!

However, I was talking to a mate recently and he said he rides to the cafe on a wednesday evening pretty regular, so I may be down there one day soon. Its also a walk from my parents so I really have no excuse!

Snips
07-06-2008, 07:25 PM

That's out of the way, now the fun starts!

kevm
08-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Am off on ride to Bury Hill Sunday, then see where the road takes me. Kev

slob
08-06-2008, 08:35 AM
...f1 watching tomorrow afternoon...

surely you mean motogp

Snips
08-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Done, and I've got a dozen useless bits of pieces from Ikea and sunburn from the show as souvenirs.

Off to pack! If you see me posting at odd hours, that'll be the timezones and jet-lag. Flying visit, so back Friday. Wish me and my stomach luck ;)

halina_r - looks like your Sunday didn't go quite as planned - so get practising!

halina_r
09-06-2008, 08:02 AM
mmm not sure if it was a hangover after all...woke up feeling equally bad this morning so could be a touch of food poisoning from the bbq - boo hoo :( still dragged myself into work anyhoo!!