PDA

View Full Version : S*R Rizoma rearset fit problems

markus
06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey,

after recieving my beautiful rear sets yesterday, I've found that although the l/h/s fits perfect, the r/h/s (brake) side refuses to sit flush, as thought the spacer provided for the swing arm pivot point is too small and in addition the bolt provided for the lower mount is definatly too long. at the moment i've just spaced out the bottom with a washer but i have no solution for the top. - Has anyone else had this problem????

I've also found that all that bling writing on the components rubs off far too easily...it's already gone from the gear lever and i havn't even riden the thing yet!

Dave G
06-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Perhaps you were sent the wrong spacer.

Are they the same for both sides?,is it possible that you may have put the brakeside spacer on the gear lever for instance?

markus
06-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah i checked that DG - I dunno, I've solved it now but think I'll just machine up some proper spacers for peace of mind - I can't be bothered with the hassle of liasing with Italy on this one - too much riding to be done for that kinda malarky

Headhunter
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I had spacer issues as well. Simply wacked more in there.

Re the writing - i'd send them back - shouldn't be doing that so soon especially not having ridden the thing!