PDA

View Full Version : Dear Kenties ?

J.P
04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
We going anywhere after Brekkie on Sunday ?
The Wife and I haven't been to the cafe & for a ride for ages.

alan c
04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
hi jp. i thought we could go down to herne bay, scraps could either come up to cafe then lead us back or we could go down and meet him, i am sure he will be along with his thoughts soon, or anywhere else i dont mind as long as not raining as fed up with riding to work in rain every day !

J.P
04-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Yep definitely up for that.

Albie
04-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Yep that was what was suggested. I may even go out on saturday to check out the Fatboy Diner that Slobs meeting at. Looking forward to weekend.

slob
04-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Cool, nice one Albie.
Don't forget there's the Bury bike show on Sunday if anyone fancies a slightly longer rideout.

gary tompkins
05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I'll be at the cafe on Sunday, and may be up for a blast if the weather holds fair ;)

Gadget
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Scrapps and I will be in Wales. :)

slob
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Scrapps and I will be in Wales.

Have fun, keep it rubberside down.

J.P
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Watch out for the Sheep. Terrible nuisance, you buy them a drink and you get nothing in return.

alan c
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
you and your sheep ! top pocket ?

J.P
06-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Having written that after being in the pub, Alan I think you're right.

gary tompkins
06-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Baaaaaaah :spin:

scrapps
06-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi guys we are now in wales and looking forward to a nice sunny trackday.
will try not to crash into any sheep..

Albie
06-06-2008, 08:40 PM
So where shall we go up to Nonnies do at Bury st edmonds or down to Rye,

alan c
07-06-2008, 10:30 AM
albie , i dont mind, both sound like good rides, need to sort out if we meet at cafe or somewhere else ?

Albie
07-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Well Ryes easier else we would need to go straight to Bury st edmunds as others are getting there for 10.30 onwards and it 97miles from my house.

I vote for Rye or somewhere south

gary tompkins
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd also personally prefer a coast run if we're planning to breakfast at cafe. It seems pointless heading to Oakdene, only to have to come back this way to go to Bury St Edmunds. It'll also be a late start once we've sorted ourself for grub at the cafe, making us late getting to the show & I don't really want to be out all day TBH.

Other factors to consider...

Paul Critcher's meeting us at cafe on the 944 monster, which has only just been rebuilt by pro-twins after popping a cylinder stud. As much as he's looking forward to a decent blast, he doesn't want to go far in case the bike plays up.

Also... I'll have Helen (Ladybob) on the back of the trike, and don't think she'll be up for a very long ride out, even though we'll be 2 up.

J.P
07-06-2008, 04:13 PM
We're fine with a run where ever, even if you just pick a place in the country for drink at lunchtime and home.
What time at the cafe ?

Sully
07-06-2008, 05:00 PM
hey folks,

Wandering if anybody can give some tips on good riding routes in the east sussex/kent area? Gonna head out tomorrow for my first weekend ride in a year (just been commuting in the week with no time at weekends!) So I'm itching to get out there!

Not that familiar with the area!!

Cheers

S.

alan c
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM
hi sully, you could come down to oakdene cafe and meet us, then we are going down to the coast for rideout. we will meet at cafe about 9/9.30 for breakfast.

Sully
07-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the offer alan. If I drag myself out of bed that early I may well join you!

If not I may well see you out on the road - be nice too hook up with fellow monster fans!

GULLY
07-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Hello
I got Megan all weekend so no can do for me.

will see you soon

gully

Albie
07-06-2008, 06:50 PM
We're fine with a run where ever, even if you just pick a place in the country for drink at lunchtime and home.
What time at the cafe ?

9.30 -10ish ok

J.P
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
ok, probably 10 for me. see you in the morning

Albie
08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Well the weather stayed nice and was very cool this morning when we went to the cafe. I was amazed at the NO QUEUE at 9.45 so nice and quick order for brekkie and tea. Alan C , GT and Lady Bob were there already and she was pillion with GT.Bless him he even put a bit of back padding for her. JP and Emma arrived and we had a natter about his bike crash at trackday and when we saw he leg and bruise Yikes !! its like a war wound.

Then lastly Paul Critcher on his glorius 944 monster just been fixed and his mate on his 748 Senna S.

So after a belly fill up we decided to go down to Rye and hit the M20 for 10 mins and then down the lanes.A few gravel patches in place down some Z bends. A nervous moment after we had just passed 2 garages was a request to stop for fuel with 10 miles to go. I hoped there may have had been one but as it was very country road there was not and was one just as we got to Rye.I reckon the 748 was sucking air.
A quite packed Rye harbour with bikes and you now have to squeeze through a gap as they are barriered to find a space. Just as we got there a plod turns up on a Fireblade. Very nice too. Great job if you can get it.
Bumped into a guy whose not a member on an 02 red s4. Then we had ice creams and teas and a good old natter.
Critcher left early as he had a flood incident at home so then later we trekked off for another ride home. I took a majestic scenic route passing some gourgeous views looking over the hills and valleys and we passed Bodiam Castle. Really wanted to stop at a pub but we thought Lady Bob needed to get home in case her back played up so after getting through maidstone town we hit the M20 and went our own ways.
Great ride and great company. Didnt expect to lead there or home but enjoyed knowing where I was going. Hope it was ok for you.

Andy and Caroline

J.P
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
All another great day.

Would have been happy for that pint at Bodiam, but maybe next time.

Albie
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah me too. I wished I had pulled over now. Teach me for leading and having a conscience

alan c
08-06-2008, 08:23 PM
had a really good day, great company,weather and lovely kent countryside.
thanks for leading albie, great tour guide- and on my right bodium castle !
see you all soon.

gary tompkins
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks for a great day out guys 'n' gals

Top marks to Albie for a well lead run & finding some nice roads :cool:

Here's hoping the weather's as kind to us for July meet?

Albie
08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Ah thanks guys. I wasnt sure if I do a good job leading at times. My hearts in the right place but my speed lacks at times because of confidence. I wonder if you may get frustrated at times. Hope not as I do like riding around Kent and Sussex. Is anyone coming to Brightonon 21st June and meet up with Headhunters mob. Its a saturday. Let us know as scrapps is interested

J.P
09-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Just to let you all know, I've just changed my Train time for Belgium to 9.20 am on the Saturday departure.

scrapps
09-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Glad you all had a good run,Me and gadget had a great trackday in sunny wales. my first go in inters but managed to keep up and even overtake a few bikes..
I am up for going to brighton as albie said but will prob meet people there as going to london 1st is a longway around...