PDA

View Full Version : Name and Shame or Not

Kato
04-06-2008, 01:23 PM
So a while back I sold a member of this forum some parts, nothing out of the ordinary there then, being the trusting sort of fellow that I am I also let him have a couple of bits that he was unable to pay for at the time but promised to send me the cash in a few days, now we'er only talking about £20 so its not the end of the world, but a few days has now become 5 weeks, no answers to my polite PM's and no sign of my beer vouchers................Question:- Publish name or Not

CK & AK
04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Do you have their number?
Phone them & give them 24 hours to rectify their 'oversight' - and then name them here if nothing is forthcoming..

Its a very uncomfortable thing being owed money - when do you fall out with family/mates etc over it?

C, also being owed a considerable sum (ok, its £45, but that IS considerable when i have no cash in my purse!)

ps: Its not AK is it?? :eek:

Kato
04-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Well thats narrowed down the voting.........its not AK

Albie
04-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I hope its not me too as I sent you a cheque for £23.00 a few weeks back. Still got to get those covers too some time but no rush for them and I haven't coughed up yet either. Have you got swinger yet btw

Kato
04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
No not yet mate and its not you either.........so at this rate the culprit will be exposed PDQ

fatbloke
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
this sort of thing really hacks me off we are all meant to be a club and there should be an
element of trust between members.
This member has abused that trust and should IMO be named.

benson
04-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I have a small but very sharp knife!

gremlin
04-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I have two ferrets for sending down trouser legs! Admittedly they wouldn't nip but it would be fun!

Dave G
04-06-2008, 02:20 PM
try and contact someone who knows them personally and get them to find out whats up. You never know he/she may have a genuine reason for 'disappearing', lists- hospital/ jail/parenthood/bereavement etc, many reasons for people to be preoccupied and let things go.

singletrack
04-06-2008, 02:27 PM
It's a difficult one isn't it?
I think i am too nice to name and shame people, but I suppose we should do sometimes to stop them from taking advantage again.
I always give people the benefit ofthe doubt, and think that if they haven't paid they have probably forgotten. It's easy to forget sometimes!
Give them a nudge and see what happens. If nothing - send the boys round :twak:

scrapps
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
try and contact someone who knows them personally and get them to find out whats up. You never know he/she may have a genuine reason for 'disappearing', lists- hospital/ jail/parenthood/bereavement etc, many reasons for people to be preoccupied and let things go.

Wise words dave. I was given a mouthfull by a bike course instructer infront of a classfull of people for missing a class before she had asked me why...
She was then informed my father had a heart attack that day and that he came first...
But five weeks is a long time and stange no answer ? ? maybe they will read the thread and get it sorted
good luck

jerry
04-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I also sent some Ducati parts to a certain person and the paypal payment bounced 3 times and now they no long post on any boards or answer Email or phone.

Paranoid Dave
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
SHAME THEM. It's not fair to you or anyone else. But give them the option to give reasons, this forum page for example.

Scotty
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
name and shame ,

is it me ?

neilbaldry
04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
well its not me, so i shall be keeping tabs on this thread with great enthusiasm.

you know we still burn people at the stake in Norfolk, so bring 'em down 'ere, and can get the BBQ on the go!

slob
04-06-2008, 05:05 PM
5 weeks is long enough to be ill, have a holiday, get BT to fix you ADSL(well nearly) and still drop you a line saying "Sorry I haven't sent you that score yet"... name 'em.

Kato
05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Ah Hah progress, had a message from said fellow last night ....sort of an appology and a request for paypal addy so I shall not be throwing anyone to the wolves just yet, however nothing received yet so ......................

Lucati
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Very trusting of you to send stuff before payment! - I had to leave Cubs because I spent my sponsorship money on a new scalextric car and couldn't get the cash together in time - bearing that in mind don't ever send me something unless I've already coughed up.......I'm totally untrustworthy!!!! (It's not me by the way!)

jerry
06-06-2008, 06:08 AM
what about when Paypal bounce payments after goods received ...you cannot fight paypal...I have tried but they never answer ..I have sued paypal in small claims court and won but cannot collect .

neilbaldry
06-06-2008, 06:51 AM
So, Kato, how much of an influence for the unnamed culprit was this thread then?! people power rocks!

Kato
06-06-2008, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=neilbaldry;259281]So, Kato, how much of an influence for the unnamed culprit was this thread then?! people power rocks![/QUOTE

Well let’s put it down to a small oversight on his part, an apology and funds have been received, so I now apologise to all who were sharpening knives and hatchets as the gentleman concerned shall remain nameless, and I would be happy to do business with him again.