PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander Maps

DevilBoy
04-06-2008, 11:25 AM
hiya guys

After looking round for a map that fits my bike, I can't seem to find anything that has my setup exactly correct.

I am eventually going to get a custom map setup, but for now, i'm gonna live with a downloaded one.

Does anyone have an S4 with Termi's that they wanna post a power commander map up for me to use?
I have a K&N and open air box and 52mm Termi high level slip on's.

Probably not, but I thought i'd check!
Cheers ears
DB

retskcid
10-06-2008, 07:31 AM
I have pretty much the same setup - although drilled airbox rather than open? Mine has been setup, but its still a bit fluffy (below 3k), I guess they all are?

How do I downlaod the map?

Nickj
10-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Once again an offer to set up a repository of Monster only PC maps. You pass them to me with the bikes spec, your comments on how well it works, dyno run data if you have it and maybe a pic and I'll post them.
Not sure why I'm bothering to ask as no one will, same as last time I offered.

DevilBoy
10-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes please retskcid!

Download it and i'll give it a try.
I haven't done the airbox mod yet. Not sure how much to chop off.

Did you notice much of a difference when you got it mapped correctly?

Mine is lumpy as quazimodo at low revs, and is constantly hiccuping and hunting.
So anything is an improvement!

Nickj - I think its an amazing idea.
Dunno why others aren't so interested. but keep at it. you got one map now!

retskcid
10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
How do I download it?

I bought the bike like this, already done. It runs well, pulls like a train! Just glitchy on low rpm - not unusual with FI bikes (most makes)! I have the 14t front sprocket which helps a lot.

My airbox just has random holes (about 10mm i think) drilled into it.

Nickj, great idea - if I can work out how to do it you can start a thread?

barbican
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
How do I download it?

Do you have the USB cable, and software (idealy on a laptop?) that comes with a PC111?

If not are you close to someone that does?

Once you attach the PC111 and Laptop together via the USB cable, the software will allow you to upload the map from the PC111 and save it to a file, which you can then attach to emails etc

The PC111 needs to be powered up either through the bikes ignition, if you can get your Laptop near enough, or through a 9v battery if you can't. The PC111 I fitted to my HD came with a 9v battery connector lead.

Nickj
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Already built an outline site, which will be fleshed out in a day or two. {sigh} It'll be on paid for commercial web space with a real domain name.
I'll start a thread, not paying for web space and name till I get some content!!

retskcid
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Do you have the USB cable, and software (idealy on a laptop?) that comes with a PC111?

If not are you close to someone that does?

Once you attach the PC111 and Laptop together via the USB cable, the software will allow you to upload the map from the PC111 and save it to a file, which you can then attach to emails etc

The PC111 needs to be powered up either through the bikes ignition, if you can get your Laptop near enough, or through a 9v battery if you can't. The PC111 I fitted to my HD came with a 9v battery connector lead.

Cheers, thought as much. I dont think I have the cd, but I can download from the PC website? I'll try. It would eb useful to have a back up of mine anyway.

Thanks

Rich

barbican
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Cheers, thought as much. I dont think I have the cd, but I can download from the PC website? I'll try. It would eb useful to have a back up of mine anyway.

Thanks

Rich

Yes you can download the latest software, and I found my cameras USB cable worked OK when I lost the PC111 one

You might also want to look/try the accelerator pump feature, not heard any definitive results but...

jerry
10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
All the S4 maps on PC3 site are rubbish I tried theem all my custom map works very well,
if u want it ask and i will email it

DevilBoy
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes please jerry!

What setup you got?

retskcid
13-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I got the software downloaded, but when I plug the Power Commander into the usb port I get "new hardware detected" message and then I cannot get a suitable driver installed?

Its been a problem trying to use other stuff via the usb port so may be a problem with my laptop. not being a computer wizz will probably have to get it seen to unless anyone has any ideas I can try?

Cheers

Rich

DevilBoy
13-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Well I work in I.T.
Can't say i'm very good at hardware problems though...

If you've downloaded the software, I am assuming it should have the drivers installed for it.
I will be trying mine on the weekend, so i'll let you know if it works.

In the meantime though, you could try plugging it in again, going to your device management console (Right click my computer, manage, Device manager).
Go to universal serial bus controllers, and see if there are any yellow warning signs.

If so, right click it and go to uninstall, then when its done, dont restart, just unplug the PCIII and plug it back in again.
That should kick off the installer again. See if that installs it properly.

Thats what i'd do to start off with anyway!
:)

barbican
13-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I got the software downloaded, but when I plug the Power Commander into the usb port I get "new hardware detected" message and then I cannot get a suitable driver installed?

Its been a problem trying to use other stuff via the usb port so may be a problem with my laptop. not being a computer wizz will probably have to get it seen to unless anyone has any ideas I can try?

Cheers

Rich

If you have installed the software, you don't need any other driver. If you are having trouble with the Ports on the Laptop, its likely to be a conflict in the windows software, rather than the port (since the system finds the PC111). I had a problem with the wifes machine, where any new device plugged in didn't work, but old ones seemed OK. In the end I deleted re-installed all the USB drivers in device manager, and deleted all the registry entries for USB devices. Everything now works as it should.

Dodgy fiddling with this stuff if your not familiar with it, do you know anybody who is a PC wizz/nerd?

Good luck

retskcid
13-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll have a quick look and if I can't do it I'll pass over to our IT firm...

jerry
13-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes please jerry!

What setup you got?

S4 2002 heavily drilled airbox lid ,K&N air filter 14x25mm holes,standard headers ,full race Termis low level, carefully set up TPS and injector balance with PC3,

the map I have is custom made for S4 with this spec in the USA , send your email to me for it,,,it is a great map loads of happy users.

retskcid
14-06-2008, 06:39 AM
I got to "universal serial bus controllers" - is that correct?

From there I tried to uninstall the first "universal host controller" (there is three of them and three "usb root hubs", and the computer froze - "services.exe" taking up 99% of the CPU in task manager. I couldn't even restart the computer and I had to pull the power.

Any ideas? What about disabling rather than uninstall?

Cheers

Rich

Nickj
14-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Thats a level too low on the deleting, you need to remove the software or more accurately the parts of the software that use the USB ontrollers.
Imagine you have a 13A wall socket, thats the controller level, the driver is like the plug and the software is the kettle
Which M$ Windoze you using?

barbican
14-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I got to "universal serial bus controllers" - is that correct?

From there I tried to uninstall the first "universal host controller" (there is three of them and three "usb root hubs", and the computer froze - "services.exe" taking up 99% of the CPU in task manager. I couldn't even restart the computer and I had to pull the power.

Any ideas? What about disabling rather than uninstall?

Cheers

Rich

Has it re-started?

retskcid
14-06-2008, 04:13 PM
yep, I got it rebooted. its the old windows 2000.

barbican
14-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Phew - hope it works out

retskcid
14-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Thats a level too low on the deleting, you need to remove the software or more accurately the parts of the software that use the USB ontrollers.
Imagine you have a 13A wall socket, thats the controller level, the driver is like the plug and the software is the kettle
Which M$ Windoze you using?

so where do i find the drivers to delete?

cheers

rich

retskcid
15-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Tried again. It searches for a driver on the laptop, locates one, begins the install process, then I get an error message with "invalid data".

barbican
15-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Tried again. It searches for a driver on the laptop, locates one, begins the install process, then I get an error message with "invalid data".

Do you mean that when you plug the PC111 in, the laptop says it is installing the driver, and ends up with "invalid data"

See if you can find the error reported in this list:

http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Error%20Codes%20Explained.htm

retskcid
15-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Cheers for that but hopefully I have found the problem, our laptop does not support usb2.0?

the list of controllers (3 on ours) does not include a usb2 - which it should (for usb 2.0), then i would be able to update it (with the 2.0 driver i have downloaded). i have downloaded windows 2000 service pack 4 (following windows website) and still no luck.??

how do i get this usb2 controller to appear in device manager?

cheers

rich

barbican
15-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Does the laptop spec say that your hardware is USB2? If it isn't then Windows will use the USB1.1 drivers

Not sure if the PC111 needs USB2 or not and I cant find out from the CD that came with mine, but given it doesn't mention versions it would make sense that it works with USB1

When you are connecting the PC111, is it powered up ie engine running, or fresh 9v battery connected? (9v battery will only last a few minutes, so fresh means fresh!)

Some (early) USB hardware has power issues, so unplug any other USB devices, and if you have more than one USB port, you could try disabling some in the Laptop BIOS (although again if you're not familiar with it, the BIOS can be a dangerous thing to mess with)

If all else fails, can you borrow another laptop?

retskcid
16-06-2008, 05:27 AM
oh, i thought it was just a case of updating the software?! i did not realise the hardware was unique for usb2.

time to call in the professionals!

rich

DesmoMike
16-06-2008, 11:26 AM
hi, yes i have high level termis and an open K&N airbox.
The M710-511.djm map works absolutely fine for me...no fluffy bits!
give it a try,

cheers,
Mike

DevilBoy
18-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Is that the map from the power commander website?
With the stage 2 ECU?

jerry
18-06-2008, 02:48 PM
hi, yes i have high level termis and an open K&N airbox.
The M710-511.djm map works absolutely fine for me...no fluffy bits!
give it a try,

cheers,
Mike

I tried that map in mine and it ran crummy! but the custom map I got sent from USA really works for me .

DevilBoy
30-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Right, just installed the power commander.
Bit fiddly to get to, had to take the radiator off to undo the airbox bolt!
And those silver inlet things in the airbox were a pain to unscrew!

Go there in the end though, and after cleaning the top of the engine, which was full of crap, and has some rusty bits that needed WD40ing up, got the PC111 on.
Took it out for a ride, and what a difference!!

It even sounds totally different.
before it sounded loud, and backfired, and popped, and jumped forward at low revs.

now it sounds angry, but the power is smooth, and continuous throughout the range.

One thing I did notice is a slight flat spot when I opened the throttle up from low revs.
i'm guessing this is a lack of air though, as I haven't done the airbox modification yet.

I'll let you all know how that goes.
But for now, if you haven't got a power commander, get one.

Cheers for the maps and advice guys!
DB