PDA

View Full Version : Bike safe

squiffything
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
OK Cambridgeshire people and any others who might be interested.

The police accross the country are running the bike safe course http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/Bikesafe/cambridgeshire.html

Having spoken to the Cambridgeshire rep the course can be booked into as individuals over three weeks (2 hours on a Tuesday evening 7pm till 9pm) with the 1 to 1 assessment the weekend following.

It might however be possible to arrange a one day all day course with the rideout assessment included. The cost of the course is £35 and once passed earns you a certificate which some insurance companies are recognising and therefor reducing premiums. The course is based on the Highway Code and the Police Riders Manual and is classroom based although again if we get enough interest we may be able to taylor the course to include a little more.

Is anyone interested in this if so I'll have another word with Steve Merrick and see what we can organise. The course as it stands needs a class full of around 12-15 riders.

scrapps
03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I am booked on a bike safe course in kent on july 20th they do have a few spaces left. so if intrested give them a call. find them on the net at bikesafe.co.uk

Pedro
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Did Bikesafe a few weeks back with Wiltshire plod, quite useful although it is a little weird having a police bike follow your every move!

Snips
03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Squiffy,

I could be interested, if the content is beyond the basics. It would do no harm to build some rapport with [one of] our local constabularly, and I'm absolutely my riding could be improved.

Would also be fun to go along to the class sessions with other UKMOCers.

squiffything
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Squiffy,

I could be interested, if the content is beyond the basics. It would do no harm to build some rapport with [one of] our local constabularly, and I'm absolutely my riding could be improved..

I think it is more the police style of advanced riding rather than the learner training so would be of use.

Would also be fun to go along to the class sessions with other UKMOCers.
Thats my thinking and if it could be done in a day rather than the three week thing it could be a good day out