PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here? apart from my echoe? Lets have some Scottish events

alreadyinuse
03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
If you are in Scotland say oi Niall im in Scotland.

Obvious things we could to meet up at are the superbikes at knockhill or the BMF rally at Kelso.

theres probably lots more but its early and im not awake yet

DavidT
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
You also have the Classic Bike shows at Inverness and Ayr this Sunday. I will be at one or the other - Norton mounted though after last weekends swingingarm debacle.

David

Dave G
03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll be at the Ayr show, dont know if I'll be on the SC1000S or the monster though.
(or even the car if I'm stuck with the kids)

PhilLew
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Oi Niall im in Scotland, was just thinking the same thing.

The last thread posted in the Scottish region section by the Scottish rep 'Sidestand was over a year ago.

Does anyone know him?

Is he still an active member?

Do we need a new Scottish rep?

Is 'Alreadyinuse' the man for the job!!

Answers on a postcard.....

Dave G
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM
There are a fair few runs organised on Ducati up north, check those out.
Theres a few of us with monsters too.

Scotty
03-06-2008, 04:01 PM
come over to the dark side

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/

rockjock620
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Ducati Up North also incorporates Scottish Ducati Club in it's title. SDC has been granted official Ducati status too. It's not that difficult really. Or is it?

alreadyinuse
05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah i look at dun ocasionally.
I recocoginse rock jock from there.

Big Daft Lad
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
You also have the Classic Bike shows at Inverness and Ayr this Sunday. I will be at one or the other - Norton mounted though after last weekends swingingarm debacle.

David

Do you have any details of these shows? I'm considering buying a classic just now but don't really know much about them.

sorry, hijacktastic - "oi Niall im in Scotland!"

Dave G
05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.ayrclassicmc.com/show.html

Here you go. It was pretty good last year and I'm looking forward to it this weekend.
Have a look at the link Scotty posted for informal runs and meets.

Lona
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi
Sorry for the late reply, I have been travelling a lot (unfortunately in the company Astra not on the Monny) since my house move. I now live ten miles from John O'Groats but still see the occasional Monster on the local roads. I'd be up for a few events so long as they weren't too far south, and let's face it, Inverness is two hours away, so everywhere is quite far,especially if you have to negotiate the switchbacks at Berriedale Braes (anyone who has headed up to JOG will know where I mean)
Cheers
Lona

Lona
04-08-2008, 11:10 AM
BTW, I am not a "guest" but a long term member. I chnaged my details this morning and seem to have lost my avatar etc.
Lona

PhilLew
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Lorna,

I went to John o' Groats for the first time last Friday, was working in Dounreay Thurs & Fri, stayed in Thurso.

I did think of throwing the Monster in the back of the van to have a blat around while I was up there but the weather on Thursday put me off.

Wish I had! not much to do in Thurso on a Thursday evening and some great roads around there.

Might persuade my wife to go up that way for a few days latter in the year, if we do I'll give you a shout and you can point us in the right direction for the best roads/pubs in the area.

Cheers

Phil.