PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2 Ecu?

DevilBoy
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Hiya guys

My power commander is in the post, and I should be whacking it on this weekend.
Looking at the power commander site, the only standard map that matches my bike says something about a "Ducati Stage 2 ECU".
I dunno if I have one of those, whatever it is.

Can anyone explain how I check if I have one?
And if not, can I buy one?

Cheers!
DB

Grumpy
02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi Devilboy,
the ECU is situated on the right hand side of the engine, under the tank.
The standard ECU fitted is 'ECU1',the body of the ECU has a label with code printed on it telling you the part No of the ECU.
ECU 2 is a 'race' chip,

You would need to talk to your local dealer as to whether the ECU2 is still available, but be prepared, the ECU costs in the region of £800 from Ducati!!

I obtained mine on e-bay for £80, but they don't come up very often!

Happy hunting!!

barbican
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Hiya guys

And if not, can I buy one?

Cheers!
DB

If you can get one for less money than the price of a dyno session and custom map it might be worth it. Personaly I would just spend the money on a dyno and mapping session, you're likely to end up with a better result than using a map off the web site irrespective of the Chip, and thats the main purpose of the PC111 in the first place

DevilBoy
03-06-2008, 08:17 AM
So, can I do without the ECU chip, if I get a custom mapping on the go?

Unless I can find a mapping that matches my bike perfectly, to tide me over till I can afford a dyno run...

barbican
03-06-2008, 09:55 AM
So, can I do without the ECU chip, if I get a custom mapping on the go?

Unless I can find a mapping that matches my bike perfectly, to tide me over till I can afford a dyno run...

If you custom map your setup you don't need the ECU (assuming there are no o2 sensors on the S4, sorry I don't know much about S4's) - - The fueling will end up pretty much the same whatever ECU you have because the PC111 will alter it to be "optimum"

If you find a map for a similar setup to yours it will be closer than no map, and possibly very good, the only way you will know is to spend say £25 on a dyno run to measure the air fuel ratio. This will tell you where the bike is rich or lean, I guess it costs around £120 to do more runs to get the map spot on.

Either way if you want to be sure you are getting the best out of your PC111 / mods, your going to end up at a dyno shop, so get it booked in!