PDA

View Full Version : Who makes Ducati helmets?

Paranoid Dave
01-06-2008, 09:35 AM
I''ve seen a couple of lids I like, the Panigale and the Tricolore, both labelled as DUCATI and when I asked in norfolk yesterday at the ducati dealer -****estar superbikes- thee conversation was something like this...

PD "I like the Panagali lid in this brochure, do you stock one?"
SS "No we don't stock ducati lids, we'd have to stock so many and different sizes etc"
PD "But you can order them in"
SS "Yes"
PD (thinking do I have to try any harder to give you money or are you not interested)? "Well I'm not going to order a lid I can't try on, who makes it?"
SS "I don't know"
PD "Well will your computer tell me anything more than the brochure?"
SS "No it just gives me the ordering information"
PD "Like who supplies it?"
SS "No it won't say that, look at the side of the lid, it looks like an Arai"
PD "But those vents don't match the Arai's there (pointing at a page of arai's in front of her)"
SS "Oh yeh"
PD "So if I can find out myself who makes it, and I can go somewhere else and try one on, and I know the size and I like it, I can come back here and order it"
SS "oh yes"

HOW USELESS IS THIS SALES PERSON!!!

I would rather give my money to any other dealers and if i like the fit I will do, but i can't trace who makes the lid to find a stockist and try one on.

Both the Tricolore and Panigale are same make, can anyone help?

http://www.motospecialties.com/UploadImages%5CPanigaleHelmet1.jpg

bertieflea
01-06-2008, 09:50 AM
suomy I think

Snips
01-06-2008, 10:00 AM
I would have said all Ducati Performance helmets were Arai, but a [not so quick] Google reveals otherwise.

The UK 2008 helmets you refer to, it appears they are Suomy. Though there are also Ducati specific Arai helmets in other designs.

This 2008 from Ducati UK is designed in conjunction with Suomy, it says here...

www.ducatiglasgow.co.uk/shop/protective/helmets/703-ducati_08_tricolore_helmet

It was harder to find the manufacturer of the Panigale, but this link indicates the it's made by Suomy too.

www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalog/Ducati_Helmets.html

Cheers.

Headhunter
01-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Yep Suomy. Some have been made by Dainese in the past but I imagine it's Suomy that make the Dainese ones.

Very nice lid, Dave.

http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalog/Ducati_Helmets.html

Headhunter
01-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Snips, your too damn quick for a Sunday morning!

Snips
01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
bertleflea gets the prize ;)

Paranoid Dave
01-06-2008, 10:32 AM
There are some arai lids in the ducati range but they have ARAI in big letters so I guesses these would have said the same if they were as well. I'll go try a suomy on and see if I like it. Now all I gotta do is see a 360 degree view of the lid to see what the top and back are like.

Thanks all.

Dave G
01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
The visors and fitting mechanisms are usually the giveaway Dave, ask them about replacement visors and where to get them etc.

Nonnie
01-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I just picked up that text Dave! You really should call instead!

mystic
01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Suomy, 100% sure, tried em both on, didn't fit too well. Ended up with a Ducati "Stripes" Arai. Bit more sports bike bling than my usual choice but looks damn cool with a black visor! We apparently almost all fit into one of these lids or the other.

alreadyinuse
01-06-2008, 02:57 PM
they seem to change every year.
Dainese are old now so you'd expect a big discount.

also i wouldnt oay that much for a bogo fibreglass helmet regardless of how cool or pretty it looked.

£250 can buy a much nicer non ducati branded helmet

Snips
01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
SWe apparently almost all fit into one of these lids or the other.

That's probably true, I couldn't get a Suomy I tried off quick enough.

My Arai fits lovely.

Duncan
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
And a good few Ducati lids were made by Vemar too.

Mand
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
My legohead was a Suomy.
Recently replaced by an Arai

nambduke
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
......buying a plain colour Arai and getting it sprayed in a style of your choice? More expensive, but you're worth it!!!

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Paranoid Dave
04-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought about it but i thought that would blow the budget.