PDA

View Full Version : Regional Italian Evening in late summer....

nambduke
31-05-2008, 08:31 PM
.......Ok, Yorkie and I have discussed the possibility of having an Italian Evening sometime later on in the summer (on a warm barmy night!! Yeh right!!) so the Yorkshire Region members and partners can get together. Our initial thoughts were to maybe look at some of the Italian resturants in the York area....I'm sure the sight of our Italian exotica parked outside would go down a storm with the owners?

I'd welcome any thoughts or ideas so that Yorkie and I can get something organised

Any takers or ideas..................................we could even make a weekend of it if we wanted to?

Reagrds,
Mark Nambduke

bigredduke
01-06-2008, 08:20 AM
That's a great idea! York is the pits for parking but it might be ok in the evening though.

andros
02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Yes would be up for this, York would be good and kind of central for quite a few of us Yorkshire lot.

I cant think of any suitable places at the moment though.

ducrissi
03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
This sounds like a great idea, a good way to get to meet you guys. What sort of dates would you be talking? and would i have to persuade my other half to hitch a lift with me or can he turn up on his kwak??

bigredduke
03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
This might be a good spot.

http://www.delriosrestaurant.com./index.htm
It's on Blossom Street which is just outside the city walls & very wide with lots of parking outside. Food reviews seem promising!

Here's another:http://www.campanasristorante.co.uk/index.html
Micklegate's not bad for parking either. I go to York quite often so I could have a look round & suss out some places.

Little Monster
30-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello

Old Manchester member now living in York (although I don't seem to be able to change region on my user page......praps I didn't get all the necessary vaccinations before moving over here. Hmmm.)

Ideas for food - Fox and Roman on Tadcaster Road? (Named after the Roman they found buried there - Italian enough for you?) or Luigis next to the garden centre on the A59. The latter has big car park but it's shingle so always exciting for the short legged types like myself.