PDA

View Full Version : new ducati soft panniers

hipshaker
30-05-2008, 10:19 PM
picked up a brand new set of these on ebay for about half price:

http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalog/kit_2.jpg

first of all ...... how long to get the frame on? not as easy as it should have been i'm sure!

secondly, i was wondering if anyone else here uses them and can comment on how effective the velcro is at holding them in place. i thought there might be something a bit more "secure".

and ..... during my fumbling around i managed to drop a couple of washers down where the shock comes out of. hopefully nothing serious!!

Martin C
30-05-2008, 11:13 PM
picked up a brand new set of these on ebay for about half price:

http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalog/kit_2.jpg

first of all ...... how long to get the frame on? not as easy as it should have been i'm sure!

secondly, i was wondering if anyone else here uses them and can comment on how effective the velcro is at holding them in place. i thought there might be something a bit more "secure".

and ..... during my fumbling around i managed to drop a couple of washers down where the shock comes out of. hopefully nothing serious!!

I also bought mine off ebay, with no instructions, and after some puzzled head-scratching I realised the seller had them fitted on his bike the wrong way round! The cut-out corners are, of course, for the rear indicators...!

Allow an hour or so for fitting? On my '95 M900 some longer 6mm bolts/studs were needed, with several spacer washers under the tea-tray, and the rear velcro cross-strap needs to go over the rear seat, otherwise it would doubtless break the rearlamp lens when loaded. The rear seat cowl can't be used with them, and a I'm sure a pillion would not be happy - but then I have an ST4 for "hauling freight"!

They've been absolutely fine, and totally secure even when overloaded.

I suggest you search around for the lost washers with a powerful magnetic screwdriver....

Stafford
31-05-2008, 07:07 AM
The rear seat cowl can't be used with them, and a I'm sure a pillion would not be happy - but then I have an ST4 for "hauling freight"!

I hope you're better half doesn't read this (just here would be the laughing icon thing, but it does not want to play, is this part of the upgrade? PEDRO!!!!!!!!!)

hipshaker
31-05-2008, 04:03 PM
not sure how the thumbs down got on the thread.

martin c ...... it certainly felt like an hour fitting. i think i'm just going to leave the frame on actually. i think i must have seen the same photo before as i had them the wrong way round at first .... and then sussed the indicator bit asnd they fitted much better.

and ...... i'm now armed with a telescopic magnet and will be hunting out them washers!!

hipshaker
31-05-2008, 05:58 PM
well, that telescopic magnet didn't work. i don't think there's any damage to be done down there though, its just under where the shock is fixed to the frame. nothing moving down there. its in for a service soon .... maybe they can coax the washers out!

rockjock620
31-05-2008, 09:10 PM
not sure how the thumbs down got on the thread.

the thought police are in action