PDA

View Full Version : Squiffything your Cambridgeshire Rep

squiffything
30-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Hello all and welcome to the new people in the area. If you're just starting out in the fun, laugh a minute world of the UK Monster Owners Club then enjoy and feel free to contribute. It really is a friendly place and others will welcome your input. Should you be a guest and are having a browse then sign yourself up and register.

I'm Squiffything (otherwise known as Graham) and as the title suggests I'm the Cambridgeshire rep for the club/forum. For my sins I do not technically have a Ducati Monster but instead I have a Ducati Hypermotard which is an absolute "Monster"! It has been christened "The Naughty Bike" because whenever I ride it it makes me want to do naughty things. It really is the most fun you can have on any motorbike.

I live in a little village just outside of Newmarket on the Cambridgeshire side. I share my life with the lovely Sarah and her two girls. If you ride through the village they'll be the ones waving at the bikers riding through. They love a Tuesday night in the summer as all the bikes head on through to the Wickhambrook bike meet. Family life for me is most important so I do not always get to join in with the Monster owners as much as I'd maybe like to but I do try and get out as often as I can.

My job as the rep is to look out for and post up events that may be happening in the region and to try and organise one or two rideouts throughout the year. We are in close proximity to the Norfolk/Suffolk/Essex/London areas and will often ride out with the people from those regions. Should anybody from the area wish to organise a rideout then post up your suggestions or send me a PM if you're shy or have any questions about organising one.

Finally the forum is many things to many people some enjoy the banter and fun, others just require a bit of technical assistance. Some want to throw themselves into the whole social side that being a member can bring other lurk in the background reading the posts but not posting themselves. It is whatever you want it to be but remember it has a lot of people behind the scenes running the online side and the social side and they cannot do this without the support and assistance of the membership. So if you feel that you benefit from being a member of the club then every now and then feel free to put a little something back in. I did and it's the reason why I'm posting this thread.

slob
30-05-2008, 04:18 PM
stop making excuses and buy a monster

Capo
30-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Winbotsham near Downham Market, Aug Bank Holiday is a good meet, thousands of motorcycles show up in the little hamlet.

tsus77
08-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi i am a new member to the monster club i have had a 916 for 8 years and now i have got a s4r monster had it for 2 years just to let you know i do hot donuts and candy floss at the Winbotsham bike event on august bank holiday monday , it gets very busy with a wide range of different bikes . from classis to the modern.
Hope to see you all there , Terry :)

Mohawk
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi Terry, welcome to the monster club.

Wimbotsham is a great meet up, been the last couple of years. Will def' come see you for some hot donuts!