PDA

View Full Version : Write off!!!!!

jwood26
28-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Just want to thank everyone that sent me 'get well soon' wishes from the site. I'll be ok but my S2R1000(my baby) is a write off.:cry:
As you can imagine I am gutted and thank god I don't know where the girl lives that knocked me off!
I will be riding again but knowing insurance companies it won't be this summer! I am glad to be alive but my bike is gone and I can't believe it:banghead:
Hopefully next time I write on here I will be the proud owner of a ducati again.
Many thanks again to you all x:grump:

singletrack
28-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike, but at least you weren't a write-off.

I hope you are able to ride soon x

mystic
28-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Gutted for you.
Was in the same spot myself last year. Not my fault but ended up taking half the blame, resulting in an insurance hike in price etc :Furious: but back on the road swiftly.
Keep harrassing your insurers daily, they normally pay out immediately its a write off and get their money back from the guilty party's insurance in their own time.
At least your Ok and should be back on a bike very soon hopefully.

C

DANNY WRIDE
28-05-2008, 01:42 PM
:cry: know how you feel mate, only had mine couple of months present from me dad for 1st bike. yesterday police officer reversed his van over curb straight into my motorbike

Nonnie
28-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi Jackie, good to have you back. Hope everything is healing nicely.

Sorry about your bike too Danny.

Humbucker
28-05-2008, 02:43 PM
so sorry to hear that. I know it doesn't make you feel any better about the bike but a least you are ok

slob
28-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Just want to thank everyone that sent me 'get well soon' wishes from the site. I'll be ok but my S2R1000(my baby) is a write off.:cry:
As you can imagine I am gutted and thank god I don't know where the girl lives that knocked me off!
I will be riding again but knowing insurance companies it won't be this summer! I am glad to be alive but my bike is gone and I can't believe it:banghead:
Hopefully next time I write on here I will be the proud owner of a ducati again.

Did you get offered the first refusal on the salvage? I'd be interested!

benson
28-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Good to see you posting again and hoping that you're healing up nicely - watch out for that man Slob - he's a magpie when it comes to salvage bikes!!!:idea:

gremlin
28-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Glad you're ok, some will say "but it's only a bike" but I'd be fit to kill in your shoes! Hopefully as you were an innocent party and have witnesses, it shouldn't take too long to get sorted. Obviously the personal injury bit may take a while but you could be back on two wheels sooner than you think. It would be good to have a bike waiting for you when your wrist etc has healed.

neilbaldry
28-05-2008, 05:55 PM
sad to hear about your loss, t'was a nice bike. until you get another Duc, i take it the other half is going to let you ride around on his SS?!

you wanna stay on the monstering side of things?

Darkness
31-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Be patient, and keep thorough records.

We were "nudged" off in January and the man from Norwich Union settled a payment for damage to the bike with the cheque in my hands in under two weeks. You need to know what the replacement will cost you first though, so you recognise a reasonable settlement on your bike when offered.

I chose to repair my bike, but the bike was fixed quicker than me!

There's little progress apparent on the remainder of my claim though as the other parties insurers still haven't admitted liability. The costs are still rising though as we are still seeing doctors etc. four months on, but still as a direct consequence of the crash.

The payment for my bike stands as a claim on my comprehensive insurance at the moment, though the extra premium I paid for loss of NCB on renewal will be refunded to me provided they recover their monies off the other parties insurer when things are eventually settled.

So........ speak to your insurer about getting a quick payment from them for your bike, and to your local/favoured Ducati dealer about what you are going to buy next. And keep thinking "it could have been a lot worse".

Are any tricolore still available, or are there only m696 now? Or for quicker availability, are there any tasty part-ex's coming in?

John Decker
31-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi All
Could do with some help , starter motor not working on my 2000 900 i e monster taking it off now , has anyone a spare or can put me in touch with used parts stockest ? I am in Oxfordshire area , Can pick up !!

GSOP
31-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Did you get offered the first refusal on the salvage? I'd be interested!

We've found out that the bike is in South West London. So we've decided its not worth the loss on the insurance payout for a pile of scrap. Shame.

sad to hear about your loss, t'was a nice bike. until you get another Duc, i take it the other half is going to let you ride around on his SS?!

you wanna stay on the monstering side of things?

Yes buddy, Jackie is eyeing up the S2R1000 thats for sale on here, but it's up to the insurance companies to decide what their next move is! As for her riding mine, doubt She'll be doing anything remotely bike related till her wrist has had its pins out!