PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

Jez
27-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I bought some little mirrors off ebay that looked really cool on their own but are awful on the bike. Similar to these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-STREET-FIGHTER-MOTORBIKE-MIRRORS_W0QQitemZ380029916485QQihZ025QQcategoryZ36 796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So, they are coming off.

I liked the mirrors that Nonnie bought and might try and find them again on ebay however...I was in my car this weekend when a yellow monster came behind me (steady now!) and past me, with handlebar end mirrors and I must say they actually looked quite cool. I think they were in chrome to! Black for me personally.

Any thoughts on these things? Looks, fitting them, using them......

Nonnie
27-05-2008, 12:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DPM-Billet-Aluminium-Mirrors-Ducati-Honda-Guzzi-Etc_W0QQitemZ160241934208QQihZ006QQcategoryZ25628Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Same guy has another set for sale Jez

mikej
27-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Go for the bar end mirrors. I got some from ebay in black and only cost around £30.

5 minute job to fit them, remove the bar end weights and replace with the mirrors and you get a much better view of what's going on behind you.

Does hamper the filtering slightly as will add about 2 or 3 inches on to each end but looks much better in my opinion.

singletrack
27-05-2008, 02:43 PM
oberon do some nice ones
http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/motorcycle-mirrors.html

R-KivE
27-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeh ordered one from oberon and came down next day delivery.

Nice quality and good weight to it. Well reccomended

Jez
28-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I like the oberon stuff. I fitted the square mirrors in the end last night. they dont actually look so bad afterall. Might post some piccies tonight.

gav
03-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Sorry to jump in on your thread but I've also been trying to hunt down some bar-end mirrors. Really like the look of the oberon mirrors but can't decide on the street fighter or the adjustable ones, any suggestions? Also what do you think about having just one - practicality as well as aesthetically?

Pixx
30-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry to jump in on your thread but I've also been trying to hunt down some bar-end mirrors. Really like the look of the oberon mirrors but can't decide on the street fighter or the adjustable ones, any suggestions? Also what do you think about having just one - practicality as well as aesthetically?

I have a friend with just one on his S4R and it looks mean: in a good way! He seems to manage except on motorways he has to look back at joining sliproads. Personally, I like the "binocular vision" of two...
I have adjustable black Oberon barends which I moved from my 695 to the new S2R1000 and they are superb. I don't have a problem with seeing in them and they're perfect for putting on lipstick, or mascara!

Just one thing - does anyone know where I can get 5/16" blanks for the original holes? On the 695 I just turned the clamp upside down on the handlbars so the holes didn't fill with rain and stuff but that won't work on the S2R.

slob
30-06-2008, 09:24 PM
5/16"? funny metric size!
try 8mm

Rancid Badger
30-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I just bought & fitted the DP mirrors with the integral indicators - ordered them through Seastar and they arrived within 5 days.

Look much better than the standard, rather "odd" shaped mirrors & get rid of the huge std front indicators. Two birds with one stone - result!

Nonnie
01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi there, fab name. Can I see a picture of the integral indicatored ones?