PDA

View Full Version : new to site

aurigney
23-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi All, I'm new to this site and DUCATI, I pick up my first one in the morning.It will be a few weeks be for I get to ride it as it needs some work (pick up on trailer) I may need some parts so if any of you nice members know of a good place for 2nd hand parts I would be in your det for ever.
Cheers for now Aurigney.

BluprintZ
23-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Howdi do mate, welcome!
Get some pics of the bike up when you get it.

Gimley
23-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the club..

You may not have much response this weekend as a load of the forum members are away for the UKMOC weekender..

There are loads of peeps here that will be able to help you out, all you need to do is ask..

G

CK & AK
23-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome!

Might be worth you getting in touch with Plum - he is in the channel Islands (I presume you mean Alderney CI?)

mind you - I didnt know motorbikes were allowed in Alderney?? :confused:

C

Nickj
23-05-2008, 09:23 PM
LOL Be worth a radical re-gearing if it is Alderney CI .. Might be able to hit 3rd before swimming :woot:

Snips
23-05-2008, 10:00 PM
you've found the right place for getting the info you need - I'm sure someone with pointers will be along soon, you may need to be a little patient (maybe the other side of this weekends meet).

Meanwhile, bike photos are your ticket to entry! ;)

David Matthews
27-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi, You've got some nice windy roads there. Like a mini TT course if you get out for an early mornig blast. A standing quarter along the top of the breakwater would be impressive and be heard by the whole island.

There used to be a chap with a ST2 on the island but that's the only other Ducati I've come across there.

mad_turnips
28-05-2008, 08:49 AM
hi mate is it big enough for a motorbike ;) should get yourself over to a proper island like Jersey always good to have more channel islanders on here ( am form jersey )

DavidEJM
28-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome.

Best thing to do for parts is to post what you are looking for and someone will be along to say if they've got it.

aurigney
28-05-2008, 04:52 PM
hi mate is it big enough for a motorbike ;) should get yourself over to a proper island like Jersey always good to have more channel islanders on here ( am form jersey )

I am on a proper island. No MOT, no crash helmet law, no road tax. we do have a crap speed limit (35mph) but there are just 3 cops and they stop for lunch and dinner.I bet you dont know when I go for a spin?
I did take a bike over to jersey one year to do the sprint, that was ace.
cheers for now aurigney:booze:

aurigney
28-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi, You've got some nice windy roads there. Like a mini TT course if you get out for an early mornig blast. A standing quarter along the top of the breakwater would be impressive and be heard by the whole island.

There used to be a chap with a ST2 on the island but that's the only other Ducati I've come across there.

Can do better than that we have a 2 day sprint and hill climb in september. even had the F.T.D. FOR F1 sidecar for a few years (not so good on a solo) but still have a go.
cheers Aurigney.:booze:

rollo22
28-05-2008, 05:01 PM
My old man is on the Rock
Need to get booked in for the hill climb think its in sept up past Fort Tourgis

If you buy parts from a dealer you can claim the VAT back (valid vat reciapt required) 17.5% is worth saving

Rollo

aurigney
28-05-2008, 05:06 PM
My old man is on the Rock
Need to get booked in for the hill climb think its in sept up past Fort Tourgis

If you buy parts from a dealer you can claim the VAT back (valid vat reciapt required) 17.5% is worth saving

Rollo

yes up Tourgis it is. does your old man live here or on his hols'
Cheers Aurigney.:booze:

rollo22
28-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Lives there

Now retired,doing what old men do! not a clue what that is.

I will be over for alderney week maybe meet for a beer or 2
Rollo

aurigney
28-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Lives there

Now retired,doing what old men do! not a clue what that is.

I will be over for alderney week maybe meet for a beer or 2
Rollo

Meet up for a beer or 10 would be better, Look forward to it . Give me a shout be fore you come over and we can arange a time and place or you can find me in the Camp.
Cheers Aurigney.:drunk:

aurigney
03-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi All, I'm new to this site and DUCATI, I pick up my first one in the morning.It will be a few weeks be for I get to ride it as it needs some work (pick up on trailer) I may need some parts so if any of you nice members know of a good place for 2nd hand parts I would be in your det for ever.
Cheers for now Aurigney.

Got it going to night and just been for my first ride on a ducati.
OH MY GOD THATS GOOD! now I see what all the fuss is about.
just need to give it a good service when I can find where to get new belts from in the channel islands.
cheers for now Aurigney.

neilbaldry
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
got the bug proper now then?!

Mr Cake
03-06-2008, 10:31 PM
no crash helmet law
Yeah, not the best idea in the world.

Welcome!

Jakko
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM
welcome to the club. like you i've got some work to do on my m750