PDA

View Full Version : What textiles to go for?

Yorkie
23-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the advice on shops in London for my sisters boyfriend, now i need to know what he needs to look for.

What sort of textiles are the best, value, and protection. They dont have to be this seasons just all round good value!

Cheers

Yorkie.

Mr Cake
23-05-2008, 08:44 AM
My Alpinestars Airflow jacket was £175. It has a teabag type construction in places to keep you cool in the summer and the removable windshell lining to keep the worst of the cold out.

bigredduke
23-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I rather like a lacy little number. On my wife of course.

Yorkie
23-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I rather like a lacy little number. On my wife of course.

I heared she wears the trousers!!! Its yours really isnt it!

Yorkie

Gimley
23-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Ive got a Frank Thomas Aqua jacket for all seasons and an Alpinestar air flo type jacket for the hotter days. Both have removable linings.
My bottoms are IXS cordura with CE armour at hips and knees. I also use Hood jeans/army greens with armour for more casual/short rides.

All were pretty reasonable prices.

Will be getting myself a 2 piece leather suit this year though although the textile stuff I find is easier to put on and take off..

(But then again I am a short arse and havent yet been able to find leather gear to fit properly yet so am going for made to measure ;) )

G

forgot to mention, got most of my gear from J&S accessories in New Malden.

PhilLew
23-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Wot Grimley said! J & S are very reasonable and have a huge choice.

https://secure.jandsclothing.co.uk/

singletrack
23-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't think you can beat Hein Gericke for good quality at a fair price.

Robot
23-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Take a look at the extensive Rev'it range.
I am very pleased with my Devil jacket and Dakar pants.
Both feature removable thermal and waterproof liners and vent zips for all season wear.

PS I am not on their payroll.