PDA

View Full Version : Bury Bike Show 8th June 2008

Nonnie
20-05-2008, 08:07 PM
The new Bury St Edmunds Motorcycle Show is scheduled for Sunday June 8th 2008 10am - 4pm

Sponsored by Bury St Edmunds' famous Greene King Brewery, entry will be £2 with all profits going to the East Anglian Air Ambulance who do a fantastic job helping stricken bikers in our region.

It will be held at the Greene King Social Club, off Callum Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

There will be various traders, training companies, safety organisations and motorcycle clubs together with a bar and food stalls. Just up the road is the Greene King Museum.

I may even be there in my official capacity, if you're really lucky!

reedyboy
21-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes...I went last year which i believe was the first one they had done and there was quite a good turn out,so hopefully there will be even more this year and like you say it's all in a good cause!

neilbaldry
21-05-2008, 11:42 AM
hmm! may be able to show my face (and bike) at this one!

LouSCannon
21-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Sounds good, and for an excellent cause. Was thinking about heading to the Renault World series that day, but this sounds much better.

Nonnie
21-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I'll be on some road safety stand somewhere, obviously with the prettiest bike so come find me or better still buy me ice cream!

squiffything
21-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Should be able to come along to this one. Maybe even organise a ride in from this side of bury through the back roads rather than the A14 if anyone fancies it.

Nonnie there is always an ice cream for you :)

Paranoid Dave
21-05-2008, 03:09 PM
bugger, i'm working.

neilbaldry
22-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Squiffy, i would be heading in, across country, probs via Thetford....

benson
22-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I hope to be there too - and perhaps even Jus on her new Triumph which we collect next Friday - yehaaahh! I'm allowed to bring it back from Haverford West!!!:mand: :mand: :mand: That'll be called running in!!!

Nonnie
22-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh my God! How loved and trusted are you?!

Snips
22-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I'll have had my first service by then (no quips, please), so I'm in.

Mmmmm, Street Triple...

I gave consideration to a Street Triple, but the waiting list was Sept for green or white, and October for black.

benson
22-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Indeed - she's waited since October for the black one!!! Indeed I will be sensible whilst running it in - for atleast 500 yards...

Snips
23-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh my God! How loved and trusted are you?!
No matter how much I love & trust my wife, she wouldn't be riding my Monster first (the bike! the bike!)

If I'd known what fruitcakes Nonnie & Benson are, I would have had a rethink before letting them near ;)

benson
23-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Ah yes Snips but we were only perched - not riding.....

Snips
23-05-2008, 07:23 AM
If I'd known what fruitcakes Nonnie & Benson are, I would have had a rethink before letting them near ;)

Benson, read that again, with emphasis on *near*

;)

squiffything
23-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Mr Snips are you and Uncle Festa going to be up to the mill at all this weekend? Ride out on Sunday perhaps.

Snips
23-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Mr Snips are you and Uncle Festa going to be up to the mill at all this weekend? Ride out on Sunday perhaps.

'fraid not.

I have < 100 miles to eek out over the next 7 days, which also need to be varied running-in miles, so I'm rationed.

Hope you all have fun and good weather, mind the fruitcakes though.

benson
28-05-2008, 06:45 PM
So - a week on Sunday - I'm in!!!

Shall we meet up there or somewhere on the way???

(Sorry - it's been a long day and my brain has melted so I am incapable or more incapable than usual of any rational thought...) :shocked:

Snips
28-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm in!

(unless the weather is utterly miserable)

We can at the least meet up in Newmarket and ride over to Bury together.

Or maybe we can ride out to meet you somewhere towards you Benson, and then ride in.

Will you be out of your PJs before 3pm this time? ;)

Mand
28-05-2008, 07:36 PM
108 miles from my house to this venue. Is it too far? Maybe in the rain and cold but not in the sunshine. Can somebody order the sunshine for me please? Mr Cake is working and I will need to be saved from the housework and boredom. Count me in if the gods are working with us.

Grumpy
28-05-2008, 09:40 PM
should be able to make it, it would be fun having a 'ride in' to the show.
How about meeting at Black Bear motorcycles?

Albie
28-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I must check how far it is for me. I too have tickets to siverstone but they were free and much better company with monsters and hyper owners. I will check it out.

benson
28-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Mand - the sunshine is on order and it would be SO rude of you not to come!

(I"m only going if the ordered sunshine shows up - cloud perhaps but NOT rain - I'm already a duck after a day today!!!):p

Mand
28-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Mand - the sunshine is on order and it would be SO rude of you not to come!

(I"m only going if the ordered sunshine shows up - cloud perhaps but NOT rain - I'm already a duck after a day today!!!):p

Trench foot on the scooter - it's all the rage in Lestonia you know. Order the fine weather and I will make the effort. :)

squiffything
29-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Black Bear is a good meeting point, near to a petrol station for those who have ridden a bit of a way in, plenty of armchair on wheels and Buells to have a look at whilst waiting for others to arrive and just right for an alternative route in to Bury avoiding the A14. Should anyone need directions or a map of where it is let me know and I'll organise it over the next couple of days.

Nonnie what time do the doors open at the show? We can then stick up some times for gathering.

slob
29-05-2008, 07:10 AM
I have < 100 miles to eek out over the next 7 days

Surely your warranty doesn't get voided if you're a bit over, I think it's meant to be a guide not an absolute.

Order the fine weather and I will make the effort.
'tis ordered, had to compromise a bit... possibly a light shower in the afternoon.

benson
29-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh Snips - I sense a naughty moment coming on - you could always just change the oil yourself to make sure the nasty bits in it don't float around the engine too much???

Snips
29-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Getting the first service in tomorrow morning.

Currently have 582 miles on clock, and it's 37 miles to dealer, so I'll be in a good zone mileage-wise. Would have been comfortable taking it up to 650, but not really beyond. I'm pretty square about these things, actually, I'm pretty square about most things :rolleyes:

The quote above was in the context of attending the mill.

Bottom line: I'll be at the Bury show, and fully run-in :thumbsup:

Nonnie
29-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Bike show starts at 10am and goes on until 4pm.

Snips
29-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Bike show starts at 10am and goes on until 4pm.

I'm going to wheelie past Nonnie's safety stand :chuckle:

Nonnie
29-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm going to wheelie past Nonnie's safety stand :chuckle:

That's fine. I have a first aid kit and I'm not afraid to use it...

slob
29-05-2008, 01:39 PM
That's fine. I have a first aid kit and I'm not afraid to use it...

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pix/boobash04/Mummy-m.jpg

singletrack
29-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Getting the first service in tomorrow morning.

Currently have 582 miles on clock, and it's 37 miles to dealer, so I'll be in a good zone mileage-wise. Would have been comfortable taking it up to 650, but not really beyond. I'm pretty square about these things, actually, I'm pretty square about most things :rolleyes:

The quote above was in the context of attending the mill.

Bottom line: I'll be at the Bury show, and fully run-in :thumbsup:

The first service isn't really due until 620 miles anyway (1000km) so 650 is probaby closer to the mark anyway.

Snips
29-05-2008, 02:36 PM
The first service isn't really due until 620 miles anyway (1000km) so 650 is probaby closer to the mark anyway.

Very good point.

benson
29-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Cupcake in bandages - now find a picture of that for your avatar sir!!!!!:mand: :mand: :mand:

Snips
29-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Cupcake in bandages - now find a picture of that for your avatar sir!!!!!:mand: :mand: :mand:

Actually, given the lollipop he's holding, that mummy in the photo looks like Lorenzo.

benson, I'm not rising to another of your gauntlet throwing challenges until you reveal Pg12.

/sulk

benson
29-05-2008, 10:01 PM
You are too too too clever by half....Next you'll tell me you have an iPhone and I will sulk for a week.....:eek:

What's your e mail address and I'll get cracking.....:mand:

squiffything
03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Well the Bury show is at the end of this week so is anyone heading over? As a reminder the doors open at 10am and close at 4pm

Anyone interested in riding in as a group please add to the list

Graham

Snips
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Anyone interested in riding in as a group please add to the list

Graham
Nige / Snips / Cupcake (schizophrenic? us?)

Grumpy
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Would love to ride in as a group, but don't know if I can make it yet....I broken a toe on my right foot yesterday, and have'nt been able to put any shoes on yet!!.
Keep me up to date about the meet point and time, and if I can hobble along, i'll be there!

Nonnie
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Me me me but I think I'm riding in with the County Hall guys. I am not working and I'm meeting Rod and the kids there (his bike needs it's first service so what's a girl to do?)

Will see you there!

benson
03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Weather permitting we will be heading in from sarf of Bury - Triumph has its first service at 2pm on Saturday!!!

Snips
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Weather permitting we will be heading in from sarf of Bury - Triumph has its first service at 2pm on Saturday!!!

Those Triumphs must be more reliable than Ducatis - three weeks notice required to get in the Ducati service dept ;)

mikej
04-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Will be heading up from North London at around 9.30ish on Sunday weather permitting.

Will keep an eye out for all the other Monsters at the show. If anyone else fancies a going up in convoy just let me know.

Cheers,

Mike.

squiffything
04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Will be heading up from North London at around 9.30ish on Sunday weather permitting.

Will keep an eye out for all the other Monsters at the show. If anyone else fancies a going up in convoy just let me know.

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike if you fancy turning off the A11 at Newmarket we are trying to arrange a small gathering to leave from there and take the scenic back route in to Bury not sure of times we will be leaving but it is Sunday morning so a little lay in wouldn't go amis :) I would think it will take you around 50 mins/1 hour to get to there so a 10.30 gathering at Newmarket would seem about right.

Nige and any others would this be ok with you?

Albie
04-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Worked out its 97.5 miles an 1hr 57 mins by the AA for us. We are due the kent meet sunday as well. Hmm. Will check out the weather before deciding. Looks like fun though.

Snips
04-06-2008, 11:31 AM
a 10.30 gathering at Newmarket would seem about right.

Nige and any others would this be ok with you?

Hmmm... sounds a bit early. iirc, on our last rideout, benson was still in her jim-jams down in London at midday :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll go with the crowd.

I'd be up for a ride out to intercept people coming in, and then ride back in with them.

Fingers crossed for the weather.

squiffything
04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Hmmm... sounds a bit early. iirc, on our last rideout, benson was still in her jim-jams down in London at midday :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll go with the crowd.

I'd be up for a ride out to intercept people coming in, and then ride back in with them.

Fingers crossed for the weather.

LOL you lazy sort. 10.30 meet up is not early you're only 2 mins ride from the High Street. OK I know Rach will not see out of bed before mid day but by the time she gets up here the show will be over. MikeJ will be hitting the area around that time so it seems a good a time as any. Nonnie will be there all day in her official capacity (no doubt dressed as a road safety squirrel) so we can spend the day throwing cupcakes at her :)

Snips
04-06-2008, 12:33 PM
LOL you lazy sort. 10.30 meet up is not early you're only 2 mins ride from the High Street.

2 mins 30 secs actually

;)

Nonnie will be there all day in her official capacity (no doubt dressed as a road safety squirrel) so we can spend the day throwing cupcakes at her :)

Hey! Show some respect!

...cupcakes deserve better treatment!

However, I'm all for throwing stuff at Nonnie. Let's use tomatoes instead! Can we get there for 10am?!

;)

Nonnie
04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh I see.

Actually I'm not working that day, I'm having a jolly with the rest of them. My rideout leaves at 9am so you think yours is early?!

Meeting Rod at the bike show, he's bringing the kids by car.

It's not a squirrel, it's a hedgehog. Called Spike.

benson
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Out of bed by when you say??/ You're cruising for a bruising Squiffs!!!

squiffything
04-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh Oh I see I'm getting a bruising whereas Ol' cupcake over there gets spanks and a vote for the newest bestest member that's favourtism that is

Sulk mode: just coz he can make fancy cakes and can reach the top shelf at the newsagents for the Womens Weekly. End Sulk mode:

Nonnie
04-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh stop sulking Graham.....

Just trying to welcome the newbie. When we have the measure of him, we will of course turn on him and make his life very miserable indeed.

Snips
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM
You're cruising for a bruising Squiffs!!!

I think I saw Squiffs cruising the town recently, oh hang on, that was in a different context... scratch that.

Just trying to welcome the newbie. When we have the measure of him, we will of course turn on him and make his life very miserable indeed.

You do realise that that wasn't in a PM, don't you?

Meanwhile, I blagged a 696 demonstrator for an afternoon to impress you all, so you're all nice to me on the expectation of getting a ride one day (yeah, right...).

Who's fooling who, eh?

benson
04-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I am always happy to be fooled - it's how I spend most of my time! Anyway - this evening looks fine and Great Bentley (sorry slight hijack...) is basically a cricket pitch full of bikes - is quite a nice way to spend the evening, well at least part of it. Thing is I'm stuck at work with a project that's just come in to be signed off by the morning (oh the delights...) so I might not actually make it out of the door until about 7....Never mind - it's well worth a ride out there one of these evenings tho...

Nonnie
04-06-2008, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Snips;258965]Meanwhile, I blagged a 696 demonstrator for an afternoon to impress you all, so you're all nice to me on the expectation of getting a ride one day (yeah, right...).
QUOTE]

Int you got one of them already? What you want another one for?

mikej
05-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, not a problem to meet you guys at Newmarket.

Just give me the where and when.

Thanks,

Mike.

Snips
07-06-2008, 04:14 PM
OK, folks, for those willing and able to meet up in Newmarket prior to riding into the Bury bike show, here's the plan:

Meet up at 10:30am at the BP Petrol Station in Newmarket (*not* the one on the A14 just outside Newmarket)

Here's a Google Maps link to the specific location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bp&sll=52.245848,0.410131&sspn=0.003284,0.008894&ie=UTF8&ll=52.246124,0.410185&spn=0.003284,0.008894&z=17&iwloc=A

There's space to gather at the end of the forecourt furthest from the cashier office, but be careful of numpties in 4X4s driving in and swinging wide.

Watch this space for updates.

All welcome, but might be handy to sign up here if you want us to wait for you. PM me for my mobile number.

Meeting in Newmarket:
Snips

Heading to the show 'sometime':

Hope to see you at this meet-point, or later at the show itself :thumbsup:

Nonnie
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I am now meeting up with Pudding Head at the services at the end of the A140.

See you there.

squiffything
07-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll be there Nige a little early so if anyone arrives before half ten I should be waiting

Grumpy
07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Howdy folks, well it looks like the foot might take a spin on the bike, so I should be at the meet point at 10.30am as suggested.

squiffything
08-06-2008, 08:16 AM
ok so for later it's me Snips Whitey and MikeJ anybody else joining us at Newmarket? 10.30 meet will leave 15/20 mins later.

neilbaldry
08-06-2008, 08:27 AM
i will be riding in from teh east, with a yellow VTR 1000F and a black Z1000

benson
08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Hello all - hope you had a great day - We had hoped to join you but time conspired against us and the fact that the next time Jus sees you all she is determined to be riding and not pillion so excuse our absence and we'll be off to practice some riding round the car park in Satansbury's!

Snips
08-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Sorry you couldn't make it Benson (& Jus). I was looking forward to seeing the Triple (oh, and the accompanying owners, of course ;) )

Good turn out today (I say that as if I know what 'a good turn out' for UKMOC looks like ;) ). Anyway, it *looked* like a good turn out to me.

I met Squiffy of course (we don't always go out as a pair, though it's beginning to look like that), Chris on 695 (sorry, didn't get your online name), MikeJ, aka MikeJ (These gorgeous Monsters reminded me why the looks of the 696 are controversial), I also met Nonnie & Rod & kids, Pudding-Head, NeilBaldry, White537, errr, probably some others too :)

It was great meeting you all :)

After leaving the show sometime after 2pm Squiffy and I joined Mike on his ride back to London, taking a great road through Haversham towards Saffron Walden and then Royston. We then said goodbye to Mike, and took the long way home to Newmarket.

Great show, great people, great bikes, great riding weather - cool stuff :thumbsup:

Now back home and watching the F1 and then MotoGP (while scratching sunburn on my head - ouch!).

Great to meet those that could make it, look forward to more meets and ride outs.

1080 faultless miles on the 696 now :thumbsup:

Grumpy
08-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Just a quick line to say thanks for a fun day out at Bury, I enjoyed meeting some new faces, and its a pity benson and jus could'nt make it.
Who's up for the Thetford bike show in july?

Nonnie
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Eh that were a nice day out! The weather was glorious. More bikes than I thought at Bury that's for sure, lovely ride there with Pudding Head, kids conned us for ice creams and drinks, lovely meeting up with everyone. Monster owners are generally very nice people!
Glad to see there were hedgehogs bought. Keep safe!

And thank you Squiffy for the balloon. Much appreciated!

Nonnie
08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Good turn out today (I say that as if I know what 'a good turn out' for UKMOC looks like ;) ). Anyway, it *looked* like a good turn out to me.:

You're absolutely right, a very good turn out indeed!

benson
08-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Sorry we missed you! SOunds like a grand day out but I think a journey too far for first rides! Hope that we might meet up soon by the sea with chips and ice cream - hurrah!!! Anyone free Friday afternoon by the way? I have to take the Triumph to Aylesbury for the alarm fitment then I might have the rest of the afternoon to play out!!!!!

singletrack
08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Sorry we missed you! SOunds like a grand day out but I think a journey too far for first rides! Hope that we might meet up soon by the sea with chips and ice cream - hurrah!!! Anyone free Friday afternoon by the way? I have to take the Triumph to Aylesbury for the alarm fitment then I might have the rest of the afternoon to play out!!!!!

Mmm sounds like a plan. i don't think I am doing anything on friday :spin:

benson
08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Well I think I'll be heading back this way via the anodising shop in Uxbridge somewhere - fancy a cuppa - perhaps the Ace for a fry up - sorry, I mean healthy lunch!!! Thinking of a 696 are you then??? :-)

Snips
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Well I think I'll be heading back this way via the anodising shop in Uxbridge somewhere - fancy a cuppa - perhaps the Ace for a fry up - sorry, I mean healthy lunch!!! Thinking of a 696 are you then??? :-)

Hey Benson, did you try the 696 with Termis like you were planning?

singletrack
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM

I only eat healthy lunches nowadays! :cry:

No - I don't think i'll get a 696. I have other plans- but I won't be on the Monster. ( the Monster is a vehicle in progress at the moment, new brake lines and levers have been ordered)

I'll be on my new bike :thumbsup: ( The one we didn't have room for in the garage!)

Perhaps meet you at Aylesbury, or the Ace - I'll be in touch later in the week.

benson
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Grand - be really good to see you!!!

Haven't tried the termi-ated monster yet Snips - as soon as I do I'll post the opinions!!!

gary tompkins
08-06-2008, 10:29 PM

Hi miss B,

Sorry for a minor hijack but I need some bits anodising, and looking for places to get quotes. Any chance of contact details/web address etc... for this place you mentioned at Uxbridge?

TIA :)

squiffything
09-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Well another good run out on the Hyper and a few fantastic roads for you to try if you are out this way and want a blast.
We met up at Newmarket as planned. Myself and Snips arrived first followed by Chris who arrived in totally the wrong direction, Mike J (The Doctor – When you getting number boards with 46 made up :) ) and Whitey. We headed out through the villages to Bury rather than take the A14 blast which had us join the A143 at Wickhambrook. This is a lovely run in with plenty of twisties and some longer straights and bends for that slightly faster run should you want them. Arrived at the show all intact and parked up. It’s always good to see a gaggle of Dukes together and as usual we had a few onlookers come over and admire. Snips’ Uncle Fester got its usual few people checking out it’s new look or throwing up over its ugliness ;) I think Ducati should produce an add on of a bucket and mop for clearing up.
The show was larger than expected but a little disappointing mainly dealers stands with bikes and not much else by way of extras, a number of safety groups a few Club stands and the obligatory hotdog stalls. I would have liked to have seen a few more accessories’ stands and maybe one or two more things to do. The bike side of things seemed to have been dominated by Trikes and Goldwings. Which in themselves were good but not my cup of tea. Gary would have won hands down in the trike section nothing there could have matched the monster trike.
We met up with Nonnie and Rod (and the little Nonnie and Rods) NeilB, his brother and his beautiful girlfriend who he didn’t introduce to any of us blokes, (most unfair Neil) Shirley without Dave was looking as lovely as ever and the sweat was hardly noticeable and Andy and his mate arrived later to say hi. So a good turnout from the East Anglian contingent was had.

squiffything
09-06-2008, 07:41 AM
By around 2.30 MikeJ myself and Snips decided to head on out for a ride and to give Mike a run back towards London through the lanes. We headed back out down the A143 over towards Haverhill. From there down to Saffron Walden, over to Audley End and then up to Royston. As said at the beginning these roads were so much fun and the Naughty bike was like a pig in sh.. (ooops) clover. It revelled in them like a year old stallion let out in a paddock having been cooped up for a month. It dropped into corners with no trace of letting go and danced out the other side racing to get onto the next one. This is what this bike does best and this is where the fun is really had. Only one corner caught me out and it was more of a chicane/S-bend type of thing, the back end of which really tightened up. Handfuls of brake and the monoblocks did their stuff and the nose just dipped in with the torque of the engine just pulling me out the other side.
We reached Royston where we said our goodbyes to Mike. Really good bloke and I hope we all get to see more of you on the forum and out on the rides. Nige and I then headed back home to Newmarket.
And that was it, another great day with the UKMOC guys and gals. Hope you all got home safely and enjoyed your own rides and the show.
Snips doing a Benson
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012134.jpg
Mike as well, it’s catching
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012136.jpg
Lovely coffee this, Whitey, Snips and MikeJ
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012144.jpg
Who needs Camrider Girls?
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012151.jpg
Chris going for it. Hmm shall I have the burger or the hotdog heck I’ll have em all.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012155.jpg
Good job we got ours first
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012183.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012184.jpg
Rod 99’s all round please
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012156.jpg
‘ere you looking at me
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/P1012165.jpg

Snips
09-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Snips’ Uncle Fester got its usual few people checking out it’s new look or throwing up over its ugliness ;) I think Ducati should produce an add on of a bucket and mop for clearing up.

Who is this guy?!

Rumour has it he doesn't even own a Monster, and yet he pokes his oar in and has a go at Ducati's finest model to date*.

Oh, and as if that isn't enough, he humiliates (and that's no exaggeration) members with admittedly carefully timed and admittedly well caught photos of them having a little difficulty with some onions on a burger (Pudding Head will confirm they were a little slippery).

Can someone ban him? **

Aside fom that small request to get you banned, great photos Graham :thumbsup:

* - biased opinion
** - seriously, please

neilbaldry
09-06-2008, 11:10 AM
i totally echo the writings of Graham, when it comes to the show. needed alot more clothing/ accessories stalls, as not everyone going wanted to buy a bike! i think it needed a bigger venue really.

was good to see faces old and new, and my god was it waaarm!

Graham, fear not, as the missus might be a future regular feature!

p.s. anyone get a few snaps of the R1? i got 2 so will post them up later this evening! - all i can say, is lucky it was parked up there and not on the A143!

Pudding-Head
09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
It was lovely to see everyone at Bury. PD did manage to get out on the bike after all as we took a spin to the land of the plane-pointers with Nonnie after we returned to Ipswich. Nice snaps, Squiffy. Oh and thanks for mentioning the sweat issue. I prefer to say I was "glowing". Perhaps you could also mention the inordinately large bubo (although not suppurating) protruding from my chin.

Nonnie
09-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Shirl, you're beautiful, no matter what they say! Words can't bring you down........

I love you anyway.

Woddy's fixed my footpeg.

squiffything
10-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Ah Nonnie I did say you and our Shirl was betterer than the Camgirls lovely in every way. But it was a little hot and Shirl did mention the glowingness. As I said to her it wasn't noticable and the loveliness shone through as it always does :)