PDA

View Full Version : my hi level brackets arrived but how the hell?

alreadyinuse
20-05-2008, 12:24 PM
so i get them on?
i'm guessing they werent intenede for a 98. because my seat release lever is in the way is in the way.
anyone got pics?
of what it looks like on?

retskcid
20-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Hahaha, I said you may have some questions when parts arrive! It baffles me that Ducati never supply instructions.

The smaller bracket goes behind the seat lock, you need to remove the two small allen head bolts holding the lock in place (from above the rear wheel) - the kit has slightly longer bolts to use.

The larger bracket again uses two bolts supplied (fit from underneath) and two small spacers to bring the bracket down away from the wiring etc.

The large rubber grommets fit into the brackets (where the exhaust hangs from) and are a b*tch to fit - I used washing up liquid to lube. And brute force.:Furious: Once fitted, two small sleeves line the grommets (one in each!).

A couple of pics here (not too good tho')

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=26726&page=4

Darkness
20-05-2008, 07:07 PM
so i get them on?
i'm guessing they werent intenede for a 98. because my seat release lever is in the way is in the way.

The release lever was in the way on mine too ['93 m900] so faced with the choice of cutting off the lever or modding the bracket, I cut a great big vee out of the bracket to clear the seat release lever.

I've been keeping an eye on it, but there's no sign of a crack yet and it survived a belting when the right footrest hanger was torn off and the link pipe was clattered!

:spin: :spin:

Lowsider
20-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Personally I took off my seat release lever and bent it so it was angled under the seat.

Works ok and for the amount of time I am under the seat I just reach under.

retskcid
20-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Mmm, ok, so I'm guessing yours is different to my S4...

alreadyinuse
21-05-2008, 10:35 AM
retskcid youre not kidding. Alot of head scratching trying to work out where all the bits go.
Kept me occupied for an hour or so lol
dont know why there are rubbers for mounting straps but no mounting straps in the kit any idea?

retskcid
21-05-2008, 05:46 PM
No idea mate! And good point, mine came with the rubbers but no straps!