PDA

View Full Version : Seraching for Shorty \exhaust Options for S2R 800

littlejimmy12
18-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi people,

stage one of changing my stock monster should start in 2 weeks, I'm gathering parts (making some mistakes!! ha ha ha look out for the stuff I realised didn't fit for sale at some point)

one of the most important things I want to try and do is change the exhaust but in such a way that the swing arm and rear tyre will be more visible. I am struggerling to find options for the S2 but loads for the S4, I'm so keen on doing this that I will trade up in order to get the look I want.

I have seen the Termi shorty that sticks on just after the CAT, its not a perfromance upgrade but a visual and audiable upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions - BTW I have had a look at the quat d system and I think its kind of ugly.

I've attached an image of what I'm after

Scotty
18-05-2008, 05:24 PM
the s2r is essentially the same as the s4r from the cat backwards its just the headers that are slightly different (4 valve head vs 2 valve head and possibly length)

gary tompkins
18-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Not a 'termi' system - but how about this?

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=517&cat=539

littlejimmy12
18-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Not a 'termi' system - but how about this?

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=517&cat=539

I like, if I could get that in carbon then its a winner, bike at the mo is red white, I'm considering keeping red frame, tank and tail going grey sienna with ducati logo in red, front guard carbon and hugger. So exhaust has to be black/dark.

I'm going for a very dark streetfighter look with the bike.

So if its the same from the CAT back then that termi shorty will work - cool

mikej
19-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Don't mean to rain on your parade Jimmy but i think the shortie Termi only fits traight on the S4R with the testastretta engine, as i looked into it for my 2003 S4R.
You can get it to fit but you need to modify the pipes coming out of the collector as they are different diameter i believe, so a bit of chopping and welding may be called for.

alreadyinuse
19-05-2008, 11:40 AM
If you can get on it. check ducatimonster.org. theres been a similar thread for while.
The stubby termi will fit the udder thing. but obviously the ecu that comes in the kit wont.

bertieflea
19-05-2008, 01:23 PM
There's no ecu with the stubby it just goes straight on, S4R/S only.

Papplewick Red
29-05-2008, 06:24 PM
There's no ecu with the stubby it just goes straight on, S4R/S only.

Correct. I've just ordered one for my S4Rs. I wanted to put the de-cat pipe on at the same time but eventhough the lambda sensor is situated before the cat my local Ducati service centre told me that its not advisable and in doing so would invalidate my warranty.

The biggest concern was the engine running to lean. The installation of the de-cat pipes will mean the fuel mixture will be to weak and the std ECU will be unable to cater for this due to its parameters being so low.

The only way of fitting the de-cat pipes is to buy a DP ECU at around £700 - this will then allow total control of the fuel mixture.

What with the DP ECU, the stumpie costing £417 and the de-cat pipe £280 this would make a total of around £1400 - the same price as the high-level termi's with around 13% extra bhp. I'm not sure what performance up-grade you'd be getting by fitting the stumpie with the de-cats and DP ECU?? I do know that fitting the stumpie onto the cat you around 2 bhp.

I'll post an update once its been fitted.